Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

20 hours ago, Libertine said:

Just making my way through the side missions and errands on HFW. Enjoying doing the relic ruins, survey drones etc too.

All the side content is far superior to the excellent original.

I've just unlocked the Sunwing override and then spent the next hour taking photos lol

I'm taking my time.  The plan is to have everything at 100% just as the DLC/New game+ drops.

• Like 1

I'm looking for an RPG in the vein of The Witcher or Skyrim that could fill a few hours of my time over this weekend. Preferably on XBOX Game Pass.

I need a respite from COD Vanguard and Fortnite. Cyberpunk I've put down for the time being owing to it being frustrating. 

49 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm looking for an RPG in the vein of The Witcher or Skyrim that could fill a few hours of my time over this weekend. Preferably on XBOX Game Pass.

I need a respite from COD Vanguard and Fortnite. Cyberpunk I've put down for the time being owing to it being frustrating. 

Dont know if its in Game Pass but i recently played a game called Greedfall. A decent enough RPG.

Dragon Age Inquisition is a brilliant RPG also

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

As suggested above, DA:Inquisition is excellent.  The Fallout games are also worth a go so would suggest Fallout 4 (3 is the better story but shows its age) and are more aligned to Skyrim (same Dev so not a shock) style.  Bit more left field are the Fable games, Hades, Yakuza games (if you've got lots of time...) or give Oblivion or Morrowind a go.

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

As suggested above, DA:Inquisition is excellent.  The Fallout games are also worth a go so would suggest Fallout 4 (3 is the better story but shows its age) and are more aligned to Skyrim (same Dev so not a shock) style.  Bit more left field are the Fable games, Hades, Yakuza games (if you've got lots of time...) or give Oblivion or Morrowind a go.

I'd be interested in replaying Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm just concerned that the graphics might not have aged well.

I'll check out Fable/Hades/Yakuza.

Fallout 4 I got quite far in, loved a lot of it, then just dropped. Possibly I'll pick that back up.  

I've never played DA:Inquisition. I love an RPG so maybe I'll give it a go. I think it's on GamesPass

Morrowind is arguably as good as Skyrim, but I imagine its aged horribly hence why I haven't revisited it in years. It's sublime, but modern players might struggle with the lack of voice work on every character. It's very text-heavy.

Fallout 4 I still loved even though it's inferior to its predecessor. Sunk hours into the base-building.

Edited by RoboFox

Wow playing Renegade on Mass Effect is brutal. Just stabbed a character in the back and I'm kinda gutted. Didn't want to kill him but I want to stick to Renegade so had to do it. I can't believe how quickly I am playing through the trilogy this time around. Already near the end of ME3. 

Spent most of last night on ARMA:Reforger.  Nice throwback to the original island from OFP which has had a nice makeover with their new tech.  The game mode is really interesting too, probably quite a niche reference, but it's essentially the CTI mod that was made for OFP:Resistance that was great fun.  It's light on content, but with the available modding tools, it'll have more stuff that you can do in no time at all knowing the arma community.

On 18/05/2022 at 08:03, Zear0 said:

Spent most of last night on ARMA:Reforger.  Nice throwback to the original island from OFP which has had a nice makeover with their new tech.  The game mode is really interesting too, probably quite a niche reference, but it's essentially the CTI mod that was made for OFP:Resistance that was great fun.  It's light on content, but with the available modding tools, it'll have more stuff that you can do in no time at all knowing the arma community.

Interesting to see this is on Xbox. I've always been curious about ARMA but haven't owned a PC since the mid-00s.

I absolutely loved OFP and both expansions. I was obsessed. Great throwback to see the new game is set on Everon as well. 

Is it a campaign like in the original game or online? I was never much into the modding scene back then. 

43 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Interesting to see this is on Xbox. I've always been curious about ARMA but haven't owned a PC since the mid-00s.

I absolutely loved OFP and both expansions. I was obsessed. Great throwback to see the new game is set on Everon as well. 

Is it a campaign like in the original game or online? I was never much into the modding scene back then. 

Currently there's no campaign and it's very very early access. For example, there's no armour or aircraft in yet. I do suspect modders will port stuff in very quickly. 

Gameplay wise, it's currently the Capture The Island game mode called "conflict" which is either PvE or Pvp if you play online. 

I loved the CWC and Resistance campaigns and I'd love to see someone make them. I'd probably suggest a watching brief in its current state as there's actually very little to do. Albeit, just reliving the island is a nice nostalgia trip. 

They do have the live map editor which is cool. Allows a game master to play god and spawn units at their will against players to keep things lively. 

Finished my Renegade play through of Mass Effect Trilogy. Very enjoyable. I even managed to pick up the platinum trophy on ME3. I am really close to platinum on ME1 and ME2 also. Another playthrough would easily pick up them 2 platinum trophies. I just cant be bothered to do it lol 

So back to looking for something new to play. Didn't want to spend money so decided to look in the PS Plus library and i am now giving Ratchet and Clank a go. Never played an R&C game so will see if it keeps me interested. Not got very far but the story seems daft enough to see it through.

I've now set up HFW in such a way that as soon as I complete the final story mission, the platinum will drop.  I'm at over 90% completion to this point.  Very enjoyable although I don't want it to end.  Mind you I've just picked up TLOU2 for 17 quid to take a break from open worlders for a while once I've finished it.  Need to finish off Fallen Order as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've now set up HFW in such a way that as soon as I complete the final story mission, the platinum will drop.  I'm at over 90% completion to this point.  Very enjoyable although I don't want it to end.  Mind you I've just picked up TLOU2 for 17 quid to take a break from open worlders for a while once I've finished it.  Need to finish off Fallen Order as well.

Haven't touched HFW for a while - been sucked into playing Lego Harry Potter and Star Wars haha

But taking advantage of the bank holidays next week I booked Mon-Wed as holiday so have 9 days off

Fully planning on getting stuck back into it and playing nothing but that (and finishing my Lego Tallneck :thumbup:)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Got to about 75% on HFW and think I'm done now. Can't be bothered with the hunting grounds, Machine Strike or anything else. Great experience, think I actually got more into it after I finished the story which is odd for me but wanted to get my money's worth. 

• Like 2

On 13/05/2022 at 10:49, Zear0 said:

Fable was class ..

still waiting for 4

Edited by whoareyaaa

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Picked up Witcher 3 on series X so starting through that. Also tempted to pick up AC: Valhalla for £20. 

In case you weren't aware the Witcher is scheduled for an upgrade on the new consoles in Q4 this year, so if you've the patience and want to experience it at its best then you could wait until then - incidentally, it'd probably take about that long to slog through Valhalla. Of course if you find you're enjoying it perfectly well as it is then no harm in cracking on.

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

In case you weren't aware the Witcher is scheduled for an upgrade on the new consoles in Q4 this year, so if you've the patience and want to experience it at its best then you could wait until then - incidentally, it'd probably take about that long to slog through Valhalla. Of course if you find you're enjoying it perfectly well as it is then no harm in cracking on.

Only started it yesterday so no real investment in it as of yet