Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Finished Ratchet & Clank. Basically a time filler whilst deciding what to play next. I went to Game and got 3 new games. Nioh 2, Dying Light and Judgement. Never played them.

Giving Judgement a go first, seeing as its a PS5 game. Decent enough so far, you play as an ex lawyer trying to solve crimes. I'm only on the first Chapter but imagine if Shenmue and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney had a baby. This would be it.

Now i only picked this up because it was part of the 3 for 2 deal in Game without realising what its about. Checked a review which gave it 9/10 so picked it up. Now i love the Ace Attorney games so if this goes down the route i hope it does then i reckon im going to enjoy it.

On 26/05/2022 at 17:19, Legend_in_blue said:

I've now set up HFW in such a way that as soon as I complete the final story mission, the platinum will drop.  I'm at over 90% completion to this point.  Very enjoyable although I don't want it to end.  Mind you I've just picked up TLOU2 for 17 quid to take a break from open worlders for a while once I've finished it.  Need to finish off Fallen Order as well.

TLOU2 is a great game. Guessing you’ve played the first one? The combat and graphics are fantastic.

11 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

TLOU2 is a great game. Guessing you’ve played the first one? The combat and graphics are fantastic.

Yes, I did the first one on the 4 and now I'm doing the second one on PS5.

The gameplay is decent and it's a change of pace from HFW which I've sunk hours and hours into.  Graphics compared to the likes of HFW and Demon Souls are ok but nothing too impressive.  Cut scenes look good though.  I've just passed through the underground station section and into the theatre.  All good.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, I did the first one on the 4 and now I'm doing the second one on PS5.

The gameplay is decent and it's a change of pace from HFW which I've sunk hours and hours into.  Graphics compared to the likes of HFW and Demon Souls are ok but nothing too impressive.  Cut scenes look good though.  I've just passed through the underground station section and into the theatre.  All good.

HFW?

I hope you enjoy it. It got a lot of criticism because of the story but I thought it was controversially brilliant.

Enjoy.

8 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

HFW?

I hope you enjoy it. It got a lot of criticism because of the story but I thought it was controversially brilliant.

Enjoy.

Horizon Forbidden West.  It's an experience.  A quality game.  I'd go for the PS5 version though since it will blow your mind how good it looks and feels to play.  

Yes, I'm enjoying it.  The story has me hooked, no complaints.  It's harsh and tough at times but then so was the first one.  The gameplay mechanics are pretty standard fare but they're executed well enough to warrant pressing on for an extra hour (or three!) on each playthrough.  lol

8 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Horizon Forbidden West.  It's an experience.  A quality game.  I'd go for the PS5 version though since it will blow your mind how good it looks and feels to play.  

Yes, I'm enjoying it.  The story has me hooked, no complaints.  It's harsh and tough at times but then so was the first one.  The gameplay mechanics are pretty standard fare but they're executed well enough to warrant pressing on for an extra hour (or three!) on each playthrough.  lol

Ahh I don’t have a PS5. Would you say it’s worth waiting it out until I pick it up to play HFW?

• Like 1

Last of us 2 despite slightly overstaying its welcome was close to a masterpiece for me. I got so heavily invested in the story/characters that it stayed with me for ages after. Storywise there's nothing else that comes close since its release.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Ahh I don’t have a PS5. Would you say it’s worth waiting it out until I pick it up to play HFW?

I would wait.  Especially now that the 5 is bundled with the game - if you can find one.  It will leave you gobsmacked initially with how good it looks.  It has a true next gen wow factor about it.  And the gameplay is brilliant.  

As for finding a PS5 I would sign up to one of those online stores to indicate your interest.  Shopto or simply games do this, as soon as they get restocked, they email you a direct link to purchase.  If you wait around and see stock on the off chance, often it's gone instantly.  Annoying, but that's how it is.

• Thanks 1

Crazy you still can't get a ps5 even now. At least not easily for rrp. As for the last of us 2 I found it a bit underwhelming and didn't really like certain aspects of it. No way it deserved the criticism it got but I get the story was polarising and why some people had the proper hump with it. Some of the ott criticism was absolutely shameful, all the same. 

12 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Crazy you still can't get a ps5 even now. At least not easily for rrp. As for the last of us 2 I found it a bit underwhelming and didn't really like certain aspects of it. No way it deserved the criticism it got but I get the story was polarising and why some people had the proper hump with it. Some of the ott criticism was absolutely shameful, all the same. 

The os5 stick drops quite regularly at the minute.

On 05/06/2022 at 22:56, Legend_in_blue said:

I would wait.  Especially now that the 5 is bundled with the game - if you can find one.  It will leave you gobsmacked initially with how good it looks.  It has a true next gen wow factor about it.  And the gameplay is brilliant.  

As for finding a PS5 I would sign up to one of those online stores to indicate your interest.  Shopto or simply games do this, as soon as they get restocked, they email you a direct link to purchase.  If you wait around and see stock on the off chance, often it's gone instantly.  Annoying, but that's how it is.

Best thing to do is follow ps5stockalertuk on twitter.

On 05/06/2022 at 22:48, Brenfox said:

Last of us 2 despite slightly overstaying its welcome was close to a masterpiece for me. I got so heavily invested in the story/characters that it stayed with me for ages after. Storywise there's nothing else that comes close since its release.

Just started playing as Abby and I'm now being distracted by Aloy aka Mel in the game.  It's quite off-putting lol

I'm enjoying the story.  Looking at it from two sides is great.  Resi Evil has done similar in the past and it works well, as is the case here.

Psychonauts II. It's taken creator Tim Schafer 16 years to bring the follow up to market possibly because it's a masterpiece. It's every bit as good as the original and the 'mental architecture' is even weirder and somewhat more disturbing. The 3d platform, level based world's format may be well trodden, but otherwise this is the most original and cerebral game I have ever encountered and yet bizarrely I've never met anyone who has heard of it far less, played it. Possibly, because it makes not concessions to mainstream popularity, is unashamedly itself and the themes of madness and fragile damaged psyches that it explores, although comical and light hearted may not be to everyone's taste. But the overall theme is one of empathy and healing, helping the owners of the minds you enter and tamper with confront their demons. Where Psychonauts 2 stands alone is in the careful balance it draws between caricature and empathy, treating neurological nuances and personality disorders as quirks whilst applying a more sophisticated understanding of concepts like anxiety, addiction and post-traumatic stress. It beckons you into an escapist space and mindscapes to navigate, weighed down by dark thoughts and literal emotional baggage with varying degrees of earnestness and absurdity. Its worlds are visions of unique and peerless creativity, the characters a joy to behold. 

In a monoculture of such increasing mediocrity, unoriginality and predictable plagiarism and imitation, it's a blessing that games like this are still being made. Get it - play it, see if I'm wrong. 

Edited by Line-X

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

Well what a pleasant surprise this game is!
Seemingly under the radar, a Elden Ring meets Shadow of the Colossus type vibe with plenty of interesting mechanics.

Edit Just noticed this is £3.83 on Steam currently!

Edited by Dahnsouff

36 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm going to start A Plague Tale - Innocence again.

I got twenty minutes in and abandoned it but the sequel has given me pause to play again. Anyone here got any reviews to share?

I quite enjoyed it actually.  The gameplay doesn't really evolve throughout (bar what I'll call "rat magic"), but I actually kept going as enjoyed the story and environments. It's not a particularly long game either which is quite useful to know.

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I'm going to start A Plague Tale - Innocence again.

I got twenty minutes in and abandoned it but the sequel has given me pause to play again. Anyone here got any reviews to share?

Decent game, was free on ps+ a while back.  Some of the puzzles too easy but the story is good.

On 05/06/2022 at 14:48, Brenfox said:

original last of us had a much better story imo, better characters and just overall better game.

• Like 1

Horizon Forbidden West.

Loving it so far.  Although not long out of the Daunt so still very early days but the side missions stories seem much more engaging then in Zero Dawn.  They have clearly taken much more time on on the interactions with NPCs.  The facial recognition seems much better.  Graphical just looks so stunning that I've only been in resolution mode so far.  Just as the first game fighting the machines is as fun as ever.  Only thing I do find annoying is the camera placement sometimes as its centred a little over the right shoulder ready for when you draw your bow.

• Thanks 1

On 14/06/2022 at 11:08, foxes1988 said:

Horizon Forbidden West.

Loving it so far.  Although not long out of the Daunt so still very early days but the side missions stories seem much more engaging then in Zero Dawn.  They have clearly taken much more time on on the interactions with NPCs.  The facial recognition seems much better.  Graphical just looks so stunning that I've only been in resolution mode so far.  Just as the first game fighting the machines is as fun as ever.  Only thing I do find annoying is the camera placement sometimes as its centred a little over the right shoulder ready for when you draw your bow.

You've started this at the ideal time following the latest update.  You won't move out of resolution mode, it's as good as 4k fidelity.  Makes what is an already incredible looking game even more so.

As for facial animations and so on, they are spot on.  Bethesda take note lol

Take your time with it. It's brilliant.

Finished playing Judgment. A decent enough game. There are still loads of stuff to do outside the main story but i have shelved it for now and started playing Dying Light. Not got very far but seems a decent game. Controls are a little fiddly and the enemy AI is a bit naff but ill persevere and see if the story keeps me wanting to play

On 19/06/2022 at 12:49, JayTheFox said:

Anyone who has Game Pass on Xbox i would recommend that you download and Play Tunic, really challenging for the mind with the puzzles and general difficulty of the gameplay. 

This is up next on my list.