Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Completed TLOU Remastered the other day and going to jump right into TLOU Part 2.

Has anybody played Deliver Us The Moon? I’ve seen that Deliver Us Mars is coming out and it looks fantastic. Wondered if anyone has tried it?

On 13/06/2022 at 07:56, Dahnsouff said:

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

Well what a pleasant surprise this game is!
Seemingly under the radar, a Elden Ring meets Shadow of the Colossus type vibe with plenty of interesting mechanics.

Edit Just noticed this is £3.83 on Steam currently!

Seems like all roads lead to Gran Soren

• Haha 1

Enjoying Assassins Creed Origins as its free on game pass. I did have it when it first came out but never got into it. Also got The Witcher 3 for a fiver in a sale  about a month ago and ive got all the dlc from owning it previously. Enough to keep me going.

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Started Ghost of Tsushima after finishing Dying Light. Dying light was ok but i wouldnt rave about it too much. 

GoT is decent so far. Not got very far in the game but i think im going to enjoy it

I really enjoyed GoT.  Very cinematic and the combat is enjoyable also.  I had it set to Japanese audio with English subtitles to add to the immersion.

Does suffer slightly from the usual open world checklist problems.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Started Ghost of Tsushima after finishing Dying Light. Dying light was ok but i wouldnt rave about it too much. 

GoT is decent so far. Not got very far in the game but i think im going to enjoy it

This is "free" on PS Extra.  I'll give it a go over the summer once I've sorted out Extra.

22 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This is "free" on PS Extra.  I'll give it a go over the summer once I've sorted out Extra.

You get a few games for 'free'. GoT and Guardians of the galaxy were the games i wanted to play. Really enjoying Ghost of Tsushima (i will stop typing GoT as i keep thinking it says Game of Thrones lol)

Im enjoying the gameplay and controls in battle arent too bad. Its refreshing playing a game that relies heavily on parrying and blocking. I suppose as it should be when being a Samurai. You cant just simply hack and slash else you get battered. Looks great on PS5 also.

Its your typical open world game with collectibles and fetch quests but i love open world games and the missions have had some variety. Im still in Act 1. Just keep exploring

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits atm. Really fun. Gonna go for Miles Morales next, just downloaded it from PS Plus.

I loved Kena, really beautiful game and although pretty simple I thought the combat was fun

Some of the boss battles can be an absolute pain though, all about learning their patterns etc.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Right dilemma here for me. For those who have played through assassins creed games. Im going through Origins and love it so next step would be Odessey but its 55quid. Valhalla is 60% off in the microsoft store and available at 24quid. With Valhalla being reduced to that price and being the most recent game is it worse than Odessey? Any input greatly apprieciated.

Edited by Thefox81

14 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Right dilemma here for me. For those who have played through assassins creed games. Im going through Origins and love it so next step would be Odessey but its 55quid. Valhalla is 60% off in the microsoft store and available at 24quid. With Valhalla being reduced to that price and being the most recent game is it worse than Odessey? Any input greatly apprieciated.

I really enjoyed Odyssey whereas I gave up on Valhalla.  I will go back to it but the loading times where way too long and Im not really into the 'clunky' combat of Valhalla to be fair.

Odyssey on Disc not an option?  Surely that would be significantly cheaper then £55.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

im probably the worst person to ask because i dont like the "new" AC games much at all. too long and full of crap missions. , that said, the stories dont seem to follow on anymore, the animus is jsut a sidebar so if you want to play valhalla, go ahead, you arent missing much from odyssey. 

games gone since desmond died

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

I really enjoyed Odyssey whereas I gave up on Valhalla.  I will go back to it but the loading times where way too long and Im not really into the 'clunky' combat of Valhalla to be fair.

Odyssey on Disc not an option?  Surely that would be significantly cheaper then £55.

9 minutes ago, Beliall said:

im probably the worst person to ask because i dont like the "new" AC games much at all. too long and full of crap missions. , that said, the stories dont seem to follow on anymore, the animus is jsut a sidebar so if you want to play valhalla, go ahead, you arent missing much from odyssey. 

games gone since desmond died

Thank you both. Downloading Valhalla as its cheaper and hoping Odyssey will come up in a sale in the future 👍

14 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

I have the S so its download only im afraid. Were the loading times on next gen?

51 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

I have the S so its download only im afraid. Were the loading times on next gen?

No it was Valhalla on base PS4.  Ive got a PS5 now so will go back to it.  Odyssey load times didn't seem too bad when i played it.

I would imagine that Odyssey will be heavily discounted at different times of the year to about 15 quid so might as well wait for it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

No it was Valhalla on base PS4.  Ive got a PS5 now so will go back to it.  Odyssey load times didn't seem too bad when i played it.

I would imagine that Odyssey will be heavily discounted at different times of the year to about 15 quid so might as well wait for it.

Cheers thanks for that 👍

4 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Odyssey is better because it isn't a 125 hour slog.  It's a 95 hour slog.

Origins better than both though imo.

Also the story flows from origins to Odyssey to valhalla so by missing out Odyssey you'll miss certain bits of the new backstory.  Not that it's great, but still.

• Like 1

Ori and the Blind Forest.

Since playing Hollow Knight I can't get enough of these action-adventure Metroidvania-style games. Games are so much more engaging when they're difficult too... I'm glad the industry is realising that people like to be challenged. 

Will do the Ori sequel next then move on to Cuphead. 

Can't believe there are people who prefer mind-numbing dross like CoD over stuff like this from smaller developers. Just such great games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Since playing Hollow Knight I can't get enough of these action-adventure Metroidvania-style games. Games are so much more engaging when they're difficult too... I'm glad the industry is realising that people like to be challenged. 

Can't believe there are people who prefer mind-numbing dross like CoD over stuff like this from smaller developers. Just such great games. 

I played the Ori games back-to-back in the wrong order. If you like Blind Forest you are going to love Will of the Wisps, the gameplay is better, there's more thought put into the layout so you always feel you have a reason to backtrack and the map is much bigger, it's a great game

If you enjoy Metroidvanias and you haven't already played, The Messenger is a must-get. Guacamelee 2 isn't bad either

• Like 1

Odyssey is miles better than Origins and Valhalla. You cant beat Spartan kicking soldiers off of cliff sides. Honestly i never swapped out my Spartan kick skill for another skill throughout the entire game just because it never got boring going 'THIS IS SPARTAAAAA'

I really enjoyed Odyssey. Just sailing around opening up the whole map i just fell in love with doing. No idea why. The DLC is also really good. You should be able to pick up Odyssey on the cheap at points throughout the year. 

Back to Ghost of Tsushima. Ive opened up the 2nd part of the map but i havent set foot in it yet. I have spent the last few hours opening up all the map in the first area. Ive visited every location so now its time to dive into the 2nd part. Already played 24 hours and i only started last week lol 

• Like 2

On 30/06/2022 at 10:58, RoboFox said:

Indeed. The Ori games are quality. I completed the first playing on hard difficulty because I’m mental.

Then I was enjoying the sequel (on normal diff) but had to put it down as bought too many games at once. I’m sure I’ll go back and finish the sequel as it is a great game but I find it bizarre how I beat the first game and stopped playing the second when the second is the better game…maybe I need to up the diff to hard haha.