Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Completed the main story and Liberated all areas in Ghost of Tshushima. Not much else left to do apart from go around finding all the collectibles. There is also another area to explore which i havent started so will do that also. I presume its the DLC.

The wife and daughter go away for a week on Monday so ill be smashing plenty of Playstation in that time. I want to get on Guardians of the Galaxy

Edited by kingcarr21

10 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Completed the main story and Liberated all areas in Ghost of Tshushima. Not much else left to do apart from go around finding all the collectibles. There is also another area to explore which i havent started so will do that also. I presume its the DLC.

The wife and daughter go away for a week on Monday so ill be smashing plenty of Playstation in that time. I want to get on Guardians of the Galaxy

DLC is Iki Island which i havent done but heard was decent.  Whats your verdict on Ghost of Tshushima?  I felt for an open world game it was just about the right size so despite the ubisoft nature of some of the collectables it didn't overstay its welcome.

Ive just completed the main quests on Forbidden West.  Just got to do some mopping up to do to collect the platinum.  Not sure how i feel about the final mission and plot  Could have been done better i think but I did enjoy it.  Gameplay wise I think its slightly improved on the original.

Edited by foxes1988
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy is a very under rated game. Great story, gameplay can get a bit repetitive but otherwise its really good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxes1988 said:

DLC is Iki Island which i havent done but heard was decent.  Whats your verdict on Ghost of Tshushima?  I felt for an open world game it was just about the right size so despite the ubisoft nature of some of the collectables it didn't overstay its welcome.

Ive just completed the main quests on Forbidden West.  Just got to do some mopping up to do to collect the platinum.  Not sure how i feel about the final mission and plot  Could have been done better i think but I did enjoy it.  Gameplay wise I think its slightly improved on the original.

Yea i think the length of time is just enough without it starting to get boring. 

I loved Forbidden West. I dont mind the ending, just looking forward to the next game

12 hours ago, Libertine said:

Giving GoT a go after 100%ing Miles Morales. Seems decent so far.

I really enjoyed it. Though now ive started the DLC i have kind of got a little bored. Think i binged it too quick. So i have stopped now and just downloaded Guardians of the galaxy. I may finish the DLC on GoT but i doubt it.

My wife and daughter are going Bulgaria today so i will be full on smashing playstation for a week lol 

• Like 1

Getting into Guardians of the Galaxy. Really enjoying it. The story has the same humor as the films and the combat is interesting. Now the wife is away for a week and ill be off from work as of tomorrow ive got plenty of time to have a blast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Libertine said:

Started GotG also, enjoying it so far. Never watched any of the films but it's the lighthearted type of thing I was after after GoT.

The films are great. The game has a different story to the films so I would recommend watching them. Same kind of humour

So I found myself looking for something new to play but ended up leaning towards Final Fantasy 8 Remaster. I was interested in looking at how different it looked.

Well it turns out the game is the exact same except the characters are more polished. The background is still the same. So I'm quite disappointed in it. Still it hasn't stopped me from playing it. Only because there is the option to play at 3 times the speed. So I am flying through it. Already on disc 2 and I only started it yesterday lol. Still a great FF game

Edited by kingcarr21

Platinum'd Forbidden West.  Took about 76hr.  Really enjoyed the general game play probably more so then Zero dawn but the story/plot I think is a step or two under Zero Dawn as it felt quite generic in comparison.

Now on Demon Souls at the minute which i'm sure I will love and hate in equal measure.

Edited by foxes1988
  • Like 2

I'm another one who's recently finished Forbidden West, which reminded me very much of Ghost of Tsushima in that it's a very pretty and clearly painstakingly crafted but nonetheless utterly bog-standard AAA open-world template game, ticking all the usual boxes on the checklist - you've got your bandit camps, your crafting and gear upgrades, your over-large map littered with collectables/busywork, your "follow the footprints to/through a group of enemies" side missions and of course your Gwent imitation strategy mini-game.

The combat is probably the standout aspect but I think it only truly shines when you're scrapping with the big apex predators Monster Hunter-style, skulking about in the undergrowth and plotting how best to take advantage of its weaknesses, not so much when you're swarmed by packs of smaller machines and certainly not so much when you're slugging away at the human enemies. I found the little annoyances soon adding up, like the quick item bar that's anything but - I can't think of a good reason why you have to scroll through your list of items one at a time rather than just having it on a nice wheel like the weapons, nor why you have to regularly trudge back to your stash to re-sort your potions and get rid of the ones you don't want but picked up unthinkingly from one of the thousands of loot piles you stumbled across. I could have done without the game constantly and quite openly taking the piss out of me with its barrage of tutorial pop-ups and Aloy's incessant backseating, and while the shieldwing was a nice addition it was one that I grew to appreciate primarily as a safety blanket for the unpredictable platforming.

I like the setting when it's playing out like classic fantasy with a techno twist but the lurch into full sci-fi with spaceships and Marvel villains descending from the stars left me a little cold. I did at least finish it unlike Zero Dawn - this time around I battled through the slump after 30-odd hours instead of sacking it off - and I think on balance I'm glad I did so but equally I was somewhat relieved it was over and wasn't especially tempted to stick around to clean up the map, nor can I envisage myself being tempted back in by any eventual DLC.

Steam says i played for 8 hours. didnt a lot of looking for specific things and paused it. would say more than 5 and less than 8. can be speedran easily i reckon. but theres some things i missed i want to go back for as well so it has replay value

4 hours ago, Guest said:

I'm another one who's recently finished Forbidden West, which reminded me very much of Ghost of Tsushima in that it's a very pretty and clearly painstakingly crafted but nonetheless utterly bog-standard AAA open-world template game, ticking all the usual boxes on the checklist - you've got your bandit camps, your crafting and gear upgrades, your over-large map littered with collectables/busywork, your "follow the footprints to/through a group of enemies" side missions and of course your Gwent imitation strategy mini-game.

The combat is probably the standout aspect but I think it only truly shines when you're scrapping with the big apex predators Monster Hunter-style, skulking about in the undergrowth and plotting how best to take advantage of its weaknesses, not so much when you're swarmed by packs of smaller machines and certainly not so much when you're slugging away at the human enemies. I found the little annoyances soon adding up, like the quick item bar that's anything but - I can't think of a good reason why you have to scroll through your list of items one at a time rather than just having it on a nice wheel like the weapons, nor why you have to regularly trudge back to your stash to re-sort your potions and get rid of the ones you don't want but picked up unthinkingly from one of the thousands of loot piles you stumbled across. I could have done without the game constantly and quite openly taking the piss out of me with its barrage of tutorial pop-ups and Aloy's incessant backseating, and while the shieldwing was a nice addition it was one that I grew to appreciate primarily as a safety blanket for the unpredictable platforming.

I like the setting when it's playing out like classic fantasy with a techno twist but the lurch into full sci-fi with spaceships and Marvel villains descending from the stars left me a little cold. I did at least finish it unlike Zero Dawn - this time around I battled through the slump after 30-odd hours instead of sacking it off - and I think on balance I'm glad I did so but equally I was somewhat relieved it was over and wasn't especially tempted to stick around to clean up the map, nor can I envisage myself being tempted back in by any eventual DLC.

Phew...Thought it was just me, so kept quiet given the recent love-ins!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Guest said:

I know what you mean. I felt silly criticising that aspect when I was quite happy to suspend my disbelief for a bunch of robo-dinosaurs taking over the planet, but I guess the way that was explained (crazy egotist tech billionaire) feels sadly not that hard to believe whereas the stuff in the sequel felt a bit tacked on.

• Like 1