Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

After finishing Stray i have now started on Avengers.

Now ive wanted to play Avengers since it was first released as i love the Marvel universe but all the bad reviews put me off spending the money on it. So now its a free download ive jumped straight into it.

So far i am actually quite enjoying it. What's not to like about controlling Hulk and smashing shit up. Lets see how the story progresses. Im sure it will be quite a basic game with missions that just simply gets you smashing stuff but who cares. 

On 22/07/2022 at 12:36, Adster said:

I've been playing OSRS since release in 2013 but I have played Runescape since about 2003.

It’s a tough habit to shift. I’ve been on and off the game for years and put a good few hours in when it went mobile. 

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

kind of how i play it as well

Just gone over 150 hours which is incredibly rare for me on any game these days. 

I've said it before but huge props to Sean Murray and Hello Games. It's a game that just keeps bringing me back and I pretty much hated it when it was first released.

Spent hours building a Frigate base last night and I'm nowhere near done.

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Just gone over 150 hours which is incredibly rare for me on any game these days. 

I've said it before but huge props to Sean Murray and Hello Games. It's a game that just keeps bringing me back and I pretty much hated it when it was first released.

Spent hours building a Frigate base last night and I'm nowhere near done.

Im planning on checking out out soon, i tried building my base on the freighter but it was very buggy. i see no point trying to advance the game whilst being tethered to planet you keep returning to. looking forward to seeing hat i can do with frigates

20 hours ago, Libertine said:

Finished Spirit of the North. A nice, cute, short game but quite annoying with the controls at times. Not sure what I'll play next, might have a bit of a break for now, wait and see what's on Plus next month.

I just downloaded this last night and played about 5 mins. How long does it take to finish and do you get the ability to actually run? All ive been able to do so far is jump and bark at snow lol 

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I just downloaded this last night and played about 5 mins. How long does it take to finish and do you get the ability to actually run? All ive been able to do so far is jump and bark at snow lol 

Yeh I was the same in the beginning! It gets more obvious what you've actually to do as you go on, bar a few bits. Yes you do get to run (L1) and it probably takes 4-5 hours, little longer if you want to do all the extras.

Decided to start Returnal. I was playing Avengers and I was enjoying it but now I haven't played it for a few days I've kind of lost the drive to carry on with it. 

Only played an hour of Returnal and it is a very interesting concept and actually quite challenging. No option to play on easy mode. It has a Metroid Prime feel to it.

Anyone else played it? Any tips

So I've managed to beat the first boss on Returnal, Phrike. The more I play the game the more I understand the concept and what it means to take your time. You can't just gung ho this game and you really have to decide on what enhancements you go for or which gun to use depending on your play style. 

Also the best feature is the proper use of the haptic controls. The triggers have 2 settings. So you press the button halfway down for normal gun and all the way down for a more powerful shot. You can feel the resistance on the trigger so it works really well.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2022 at 00:05, kingcarr21 said:

Decided to start Returnal. I was playing Avengers and I was enjoying it but now I haven't played it for a few days I've kind of lost the drive to carry on with it. 

Only played an hour of Returnal and it is a very interesting concept and actually quite challenging. No option to play on easy mode. It has a Metroid Prime feel to it.

Anyone else played it? Any tips

A while since I played but the two that come to mind are: your dodge makes you temporarily invulnerable so dodging through attacks is often better than trying to get out the way, and as you use different weapons you unlock more possible traits for them to come with in future runs so even if you find a favourite or two it's well worth putting the hard yards in with a few different ones.

18 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So I've managed to beat the first boss on Returnal, Phrike. The more I play the game the more I understand the concept and what it means to take your time. You can't just gung ho this game and you really have to decide on what enhancements you go for or which gun to use depending on your play style. 

Also the best feature is the proper use of the haptic controls. The triggers have 2 settings. So you press the button halfway down for normal gun and all the way down for a more powerful shot. You can feel the resistance on the trigger so it works really well.

I've had Returnsl for a year & I still csbt beat Phrike. Then when you die you restart & then keep dying before you even get to him fir a rematch. Your post inspired me to play today & I got the same outcome.

17 hours ago, Brenfox said:

I've had Returnsl for a year & I still csbt beat Phrike. Then when you die you restart & then keep dying before you even get to him fir a rematch. Your post inspired me to play today & I got the same outcome.

For Phrike it was quite simple. I just made sure I went around getting some parisites to up my abilities and ensured I had full health and an astronaught for revival. Learn the patterns of attack and it's straight forward

• Like 1

So I finally managed to climb the mountain to find the 2nd boss. Ixion. I was low on health and no items so I thought oh dear. Got no chance.

Well I forgot I picked up a parasite that when I fall below approx 20% health I gain health upto 20%. So whenever I was close to death I gained health. 

This meant a very nervy fight and alot of dodging. Carefully choosing when to attack but I managed to beat it first attempt. If not for the parasite I would have been annihilated. 

This latest run I've managed to stay alive for quite some time. 

Now I loved the Metroid Prime games on the GameCube and I've been wanting Metroid Prime 4 for years. MP3 was best game on the Wii and this (although in 3rd person) has felt the closest to a Metroid game I've ever played. 

Wonder how long it takes to complete Returnal. Loving it so far and long may it continue