Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Managed to really get into Returnal now. This game is brutal. I love the fact there are no difficulty settings so if you cant handle it, Tough lol 

It really is as close to a Metroid game as anything else i've played. 

The story is interesting, ive no idea how this game will pan out. Ive beaten a couple more bosses. With proper preparation they aren't too difficult. For a free game its a massive thumbs up from me

After not touching it for nearly 18 months after my initial short stint on PS4 I've loaded Cyberpunk up on the PS5. I'm really enjoying it, runs very well, and there's enough in it to keep me interested and it doesn't always feel like your doing the same kind of tasks.

Ive said it once and ill sat it again. Returnal is BRUTAL. 

Finally got past the part i was stuck on and i can now go underwater. Im flying through the underwater section, i have max weapons, max health and 4 health canisters to refill lost health and a revive. Im thinking im overpowered now so surely i can maintain this to the end of the game.

NOPE

I come up against an enemy (not even a boss) and its melee attack does about 3/4 damage to me. So it soon rips through my health canisters and revive. I was so close to beating it when it took me down. Looks like ill have to be a little cuter in my approach.

What i love about this game is that although you go right back to the start everytime you die it doesn't take a huge amount of time to get back to where you died, but in going straight back you will be ill prepared for what's about to come. So you end up telling yourself i have to explore previous areas again to collect loot to get you stronger again. I love how scarce the Obolites are so you really have to decide what to buy. The parasite and malfunction system is also brilliant. You really need to plan your character build for the run.

I also think because you go back to the start its a game where you can do a run, maybe an hour and a half long, make some progress to the main story, die, go back to the start and then just turn it off. Making small gains each time you play the game. Doing a run never feels wasted time as i have always managed to progress the main story, even if only just a little.

The more i play it the more i want to persevere

So I've finished Returnal. Finishes so abruptly. I was fuming and saying to myself what a rubbish ending. Credits rolled and I was thinking what should i play next.

But then it got me thinking. There's more to do in this game and there is surely a secret ending. ( A quick Google search says there is) so it's made me even more want to return to the game and get the secret ending, which must surely close the story. I think if the game had a half decent ending I wouldn't be bothered about the secret ending. But because it leaves you hanging it just makes me want to play through it again and see what happens. Another clever thing about this game. 

So going back into Returnal. I now need to locate 6 fragments. One in each area. In order to open up the house and get the secret ending. I currently have 3 fragments. Though the 3rd fragment was a pain to find as i just kept dying. Im hoping the final 3 fragments are easier to find. 

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So going back into Returnal. I now need to locate 6 fragments. One in each area. In order to open up the house and get the secret ending. I currently have 3 fragments. Though the 3rd fragment was a pain to find as i just kept dying. Im hoping the final 3 fragments are easier to find. 

Your persistence should be applauded. I dropped the game after getting so far as I really couldn't be bothered to have to run through each area after every time I've died to get enough resources to survive as long as I can in the current area.

Its a good game other than that. I just think it loses its charm after a while and becomes very frustrating. 

15 hours ago, Dames said:

Your persistence should be applauded. I dropped the game after getting so far as I really couldn't be bothered to have to run through each area after every time I've died to get enough resources to survive as long as I can in the current area.

Its a good game other than that. I just think it loses its charm after a while and becomes very frustrating. 

Once you get into it it doesn't take a huge amount of time before you get back to where you were before. Also after a few attempts you recognise rooms before you go too far in and it locks you in with difficult enemies. So many side rooms can either be full of treasures or it locks you in a huge battle which takes all skill just to survive.

Ive just found the 4th fragment so i do not think i will be on this game much longer. Normally i do 1 run a day, if i die i leave it. 

Ive had it a few times where im a good hour into the run, made no progress to the main story and i die in a stupid way, wasting a whole hours worth of play, get frustrated and turn it off. So i defo understand where you are coming from lol 

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 07:53, kingcarr21 said:

Once you get into it it doesn't take a huge amount of time before you get back to where you were before. Also after a few attempts you recognise rooms before you go too far in and it locks you in with difficult enemies. So many side rooms can either be full of treasures or it locks you in a huge battle which takes all skill just to survive.

Ive just found the 4th fragment so i do not think i will be on this game much longer. Normally i do 1 run a day, if i die i leave it. 

Ive had it a few times where im a good hour into the run, made no progress to the main story and i die in a stupid way, wasting a whole hours worth of play, get frustrated and turn it off. So i defo understand where you are coming from lol 

Why did i jinx myself. Trying to find the fragment in the ice area. I have explored the previous area fully in order to get stronger. I then go into the ice area. Lose my revive when 1 final enemy had 1 hp left, fuming at that. Then the area splits into 2 ways. I go one way and get to the end. No fragment. So i know it must be the other way. The way i know has a room that brings on 3 waves of enemies.

I die on the final wave and use up my last revive. So now i know its all or nothing as i retry the room with 3 waves. Get to the final wave, final enemy and as i am running around about to win i step in a pool of acid which kills me. Im ready to launch the controller. I die and return right back to the start. 2 hour run lost and no fragment to show for it.

This game really frustrates me. Need a day off from it i think

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Where my Paradox nerds at. 

Gotten myself re-addicted to EU4 and it's taking over my life. Forza Firenze! 

Assume there's no value for you in this as you have them all?

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/paradox-turnbased-bundle?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2_c_paradoxturnbasedbundle_bundle

21 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Haha pretty much mate yeah. Thanks though and other people should definitely look that offer up. Some great games there. 

Honestly Returnal is just cruel. I finally got the 5th fragment. But it wasn't where i thought it was. So all that dying was for nothing. It was in the boss room right near the start of that area. Didn't even have to fight anything to get it. After that I picked up the 6th and final fragment pretty quick. Now I have everything I need to complete the secret ending. All I need to do is beat the final boss again. Who isn't difficult if you are max level. So 1 more run should do it. 

So that is Returnal completed and secret ending acquired. A great game that is a genuine challenge and very frustrating. Very interesting story. If you can survive long enough to get max weapons and max health its not a very difficult game. But get caught out with the wrong set up and it punishes you badly. The amount of times i thought no that's it i wont play it anymore. 

I would highly recommend sticking to it. A really well made game 

So now Returnal is done ive downloaded Deliver us the Moon. Not far into it but i am intrigued with the story and im looking forward to how it develops. I read a review and it said approx 8 hours to complete and gave it 8 out of 10. I quite like these shorter games especially when its free

I've gotten back into Red Dead 2 in a big way, finished the story a while ago but I'm now going back and doing more of the side content like hunting, dinosaur bones.. etc

Going to install it on the Steam Deck tonight to see how it fares :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Already finished Deliver us the Moon. Decent enough game. Puzzles weren't particularly difficult but it kept me interested. Downloaded Death Stranding. No idea what it's about

God speed... 

• Haha 1