Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

God speed... 

I've played an hour and i have no idea what is going on. In typical Hideo Kojima fashion i must have controlled the character for all of 5 mins. The rest of the time has been cut scenes. 

Graphically it looks great 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've played an hour and i have no idea what is going on. In typical Hideo Kojima fashion i must have controlled the character for all of 5 mins. The rest of the time has been cut scenes. 

I fell off the first cliff twice and had to do the rebirth thing, gave up after 5 minutes. lol Love Hideo but haven't got the patience it seems DS requires.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

For reasons I cant articulate, I've done the game and directors cut versions. Stick with it, it's alright but so weird. 

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

theres a point where you'll wish for a cutscene. but stick with it. its probably one of his best

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

I fell off the first cliff twice and had to do the rebirth thing, gave up after 5 minutes. lol Love Hideo but haven't got the patience it seems DS requires.

Literally my first point of controlling Sam i walked straight off the cliff in front of me lol. That was a proper mind f***.

39 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

For reasons I cant articulate, I've done the game and directors cut versions. Stick with it, it's alright but so weird. 

I will do my best to stick with it. I am intrigued as to how the story progresses. For me to enjoy a game the most important thing is story. 

32 minutes ago, Beliall said:

theres a point where you'll wish for a cutscene. but stick with it. its probably one of his best

The latest Metal Gear, the open world thing, i absolutely hated. Just awful. So i am trying to distance my thinking away from that in order to give this a chance. Im sure ill get into it

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

The latest Metal Gear, the open world thing, i absolutely hated. Just awful. So i am trying to distance my thinking away from that in order to give this a chance. Im sure ill get into it

Yeah i struggled with that, its not finished, blame konami. i personally have never completed that game in around 5 attempts now. DS is much better

59 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

That game started off so well but then the story became lost in the endless number of open world missions that gave no sense of meaning to the overall plot.  I stuck with it to the endgame but was ultimately left disappointed with the ending.  

We need a remake of Snake Eater or MSG2.  The remake of the original has gone quiet recently.  It's definitely in development though.

Nearing the final 3rd of the FF7 Remake now.  On a second playthrough I'm finding it more enjoyable than the first since I have a better understanding of the materia setups this time round.

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

That game started off so well but then the story became lost in the endless number of open world missions that gave no sense of meaning to the overall plot.  I stuck with it to the endgame but was ultimately left disappointed with the ending.  

We need a remake of Snake Eater or MSG2.  The remake of the original has gone quiet recently.  It's definitely in development though.

Nearing the final 3rd of the FF7 Remake now.  On a second playthrough I'm finding it more enjoyable than the first since I have a better understanding of the materia setups this time round.

Replaying FF7 is on my list as is replaying God of War in preparation for their sequels. Think after Death Stranding ill jump on GoW, put it on the easiest setting and just blast through the story to refresh the memory

• Like 1

I enjoyed MGS5, though as everyone says it is unfinished/rushed. It doesn't 'feel' like MGS like the rest of the series but as a game in its own right I still think it's decent. Mixed feelings on the ending but typically Kojima really, i.e. bonkers. lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Replaying FF7 is on my list as is replaying God of War in preparation for their sequels. Think after Death Stranding ill jump on GoW, put it on the easiest setting and just blast through the story to refresh the memory

There's something about the remake on PS5 which makes it better than the PS4 PS+ version I had.  Perhaps it is just the graphical upgrades, although not too noticeable, they do improve the combat, everything is so smooth and the load times are ridiculously quick - less than 2 seconds from intro screen to in game.  Intermission is included in the PS Extra version which is why I'm going through the main game again before starting that for the first time.

Similar has been said about the GoW upgrade for PS5.  I haven't tried it since it became available but apparently it plays really well in 4k 60fps.  I may check it out again before getting Ragnorok which I will probably pick up next year at some point.  Can see myself going for Callisto Protocol first out of what's left to release this year.

On 20/08/2022 at 00:30, kingcarr21 said:

Honestly Returnal is just cruel. I finally got the 5th fragment. But it wasn't where i thought it was. So all that dying was for nothing. It was in the boss room right near the start of that area. Didn't even have to fight anything to get it. After that I picked up the 6th and final fragment pretty quick. Now I have everything I need to complete the secret ending. All I need to do is beat the final boss again. Who isn't difficult if you are max level. So 1 more run should do it. 

reading this has brought back all my pain of getting the platinum for Returnal. Absolutely brilliant game, but a pain in the arse at finding the last bits you need.

• Like 1

Playing a lot of games right now, still trying to progress in red dead 2, got further than i have before but it just keeps on going and i lose interest, started far cry 6 again, another i never finished, fired up death stranding DC last night after al lthe talk, and F1 manager is out this afternoon. oh and i started a new save in FM for some reason

So I loaded up Death Stranding to have my 2nd stint and within 5 mins I've deleted it. The controls are atrocious and I have no interest in the story. Just hasn't gripped me. Too much random shit going on with no explanation. Just gave me Metal Gear open world vibes but with worse character movement. 

So I've decided to look at the classics catalogue and I've downloaded an RPG called Rogue Galaxy. Never played it but flying pirate ships reminds me of Skies of Arcadia, which is one of my all time fave games.

10 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So I loaded up Death Stranding to have my 2nd stint and within 5 mins I've deleted it. The controls are atrocious and I have no interest in the story. Just hasn't gripped me. Too much random shit going on with no explanation. Just gave me Metal Gear open world vibes but with worse character movement. 

So I've decided to look at the classics catalogue and I've downloaded an RPG called Rogue Galaxy. Never played it but flying pirate ships reminds me of Skies of Arcadia, which is one of my all time fave games.

I've downloaded Deliver us the moon based off your recommendation.  You should give Observation a go.  More sci fi space action with a shortish story.

• Like 1

Back into Hades, big time. One of the few games I can think of that I'd unreservedly give a perfect score. The first Supergiant game I'd played but since bought all their others in a Steam sale and their next will be an instant purchase, no doubt about it.

On 28/08/2022 at 11:41, Legend_in_blue said:

I've downloaded Deliver us the moon based off your recommendation.  You should give Observation a go.  More sci fi space action with a shortish story.

I'm away in London the next 3 nights so I've downloaded Observation and I'll give it a go. Deliver us the Moon was a good time filler. Can't go wrong for a free game

• Like 1

Really getting into Rogue Galaxy now. Wish i had played this when it originally came out. Always loved a good RPG. Interesting story, real time battles and funny characters. Lots of sidequests/mini games to easily sidetrack you.

17 hours in and im sure still alot more to go.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Just after ive finished AC Origins with all achievements theyve gone and dropped Odyssey on game pass. Great for me as i was going to buy it as well.

What were your thoughts on Origins? It's my favourite AC of recent years by far but seem a lone voice in that opinion. Odyssey is also excellent. 

23 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

What were your thoughts on Origins? It's my favourite AC of recent years by far but seem a lone voice in that opinion. Odyssey is also excellent. 

Loved it thats why i went for all achievements instead of completing the story and moving on. Looking forward to starting Odyssey at the weekend.