Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

24 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

I bought this a year or so back at release. I thought it had loads of potential until I heard the American accents. Might have to give it  another go!

Strange how off putting this can be sometimes.  Yet in Kingdom Come:Deliverance having English accents in Czech Republic didn't seem weird at all lol

• Like 2

20 hours ago, potter3 said:

Played through the original Half-Life, and its two expansion packs (Opposing Force and Blue Shift) over the past few weeks. Had never played it before but I thought gameplay-wise it held up very well for a game that will be a quarter of a century old next year, although the graphics are a little rough in comparison lol

Onto HL2 next, hopefully it lives up to its reputation as "one of the best games ever".

I recently played "Black Mesa" which was the HL remake and it was great. HL2 is sensational, enjoy it! 

• Like 1

On 14/10/2022 at 00:00, potter3 said:

Played through the original Half-Life, and its two expansion packs (Opposing Force and Blue Shift) over the past few weeks. Had never played it before but I thought gameplay-wise it held up very well for a game that will be a quarter of a century old next year, although the graphics are a little rough in comparison lol

Onto HL2 next, hopefully it lives up to its reputation as "one of the best games ever".

I bought HL2 on release day for PC back in the day.  Couldn't download the full game off Steam for an age.  The Steam platform was very new back then and downloading games was also novel at the time.  Dial up didnt help either lol  I'm not sure why but I also have a physical copy, unopened, found it a couple of weeks back.  It's a great game.  So many gameplay ideas used in future big releases such as Dead Space with the gravity mechanics.  We need a modern release of another HL.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2022 at 11:46, foxes1988 said:

Strange how off putting this can be sometimes.  Yet in Kingdom Come:Deliverance having English accents in Czech Republic didn't seem weird at all lol

Probably one of the most disappointing games I ever played.

Back at the Witcher 3 on Switch. I love how quick and easy it is to just pick up and play anytime on that console.

I've also realised that the map is a little like Westworld, in a sense that the further out the centre you go, the harder it is. Being my second play through, I want to explore more and complete more side quests, so I've found some tough enemies in Velen that I'd not encountered before

46 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Back at the Witcher 3 on Switch. I love how quick and easy it is to just pick up and play anytime on that console.

I've also realised that the map is a little like Westworld, in a sense that the further out the centre you go, the harder it is. Being my second play through, I want to explore more and complete more side quests, so I've found some tough enemies in Velen that I'd not encountered before

Yeah the northern and eastern parts of Velen are really difficult if your under levelled and playing on a high difficulty.

3 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

you found the old foglet lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

you found the old foglet lol

Only one I've come across in both play throughs is the swamp thing contract. Is there another one elsewhere?

The latest monster I've come across which I don't remember encountering first time round is a giant, fricking spider, in a village full of them! 

8 hours ago, somebum said:

Probably one of the most disappointing games I ever played.

Surprised to read this as I loved it.  Was a great challenge with an intersting plot full of humour and desperation.  What didn't you like about it?

46 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Surprised to read this as I loved it.  Was a great challenge with an intersting plot full of humour and desperation.  What didn't you like about it?

It's been a while so my memory isn't that fresh, but I seem to recall a game riddled with little bugs, clunky mechanics, stupidly long loading times, dumb NPCs and ultimately very frustrating. The killer for me was there not being an option to have Czech language spoken. 

I probably sunk around 30 hours into it before coming to this conclusion. Beautiful in parts but ultimately floored in my opinion. But then I don't really know what I am talking about 

Started playing the GTA 5 Story again a couple of weeks ago

Just finished it after about 35 hours

For some reason from last time I played through it I thought it was longer, although that playthrough will have been when it first came out so I would have done a lot more exploring and messing around then I expect

Still love this game, a lot of fun and plenty more to mess around with after finishing the story even just offline

Just trying to keep myself occupied until RE Village DLC and FM23 Beta in a couple of weeks, and then God of War next month

Downloaded Bioshock and Prey as I have only really played them for a couple of hours each before so will go onto one of them next I think

20 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Only one I've come across in both play throughs is the swamp thing contract. Is there another one elsewhere?

The latest monster I've come across which I don't remember encountering first time round is a giant, fricking spider, in a village full of them! 

wait wtf. i have never seen a spider and i have played it 5 times. i need a screenshot with a map marker please. stat

7 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i know of a cave full off Endrega's but i dont recall any sort of spider anywhere

That maybe what im thinking of. Been a few years since i played it. Do they resemble spiders? There was a load of little ones then a couple of big ones that would poison you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

That maybe what im thinking of. Been a few years since i played it. Do they resemble spiders? There was a load of little ones then a couple of big ones that would poison you

yeah like lobster beetle things, the big ones whip you with their tail

• Like 1

22 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

never answered you first part. yes there are more foglets in velen, 2 more i think, maybe 3 but all in the ruins you explore with keira near the start. and a gargoyle.

4 hours ago, Beliall said:

wait wtf. i have never seen a spider and i have played it 5 times. i need a screenshot with a map marker please. stat

Aracnomorphs they're called. Spit webbing and all sorts. Came across them in Heddel, bloody orrible they are

IMG_0224.JPG

• Thanks 1