Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 30/10/2022 at 09:22, Dahnsouff said:

Started playing (This is a lie, I am watching my son play it/take the controller off me as ‘I suck’ apparently) Ghosts of Tsushima, and blimey, what a bloody good game this is. Realise I am well late to this, but…..blimey, beautiful and so many nice features

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Really want to get a ps5 for this and a couple of others, tempting.

Its a great game and very cinematic, clearly influenced by classic Japanese Samurai Cinema.  Not just the the cutscenes but in how they approach and implement aspects of the game/ landscapes etc.  I put Japanese audio on with subtitles to add to the immersion.  Loved every minute of it 

• Like 2

On 30/10/2022 at 09:22, Dahnsouff said:

Started playing (This is a lie, I am watching my son play it/take the controller off me as ‘I suck’ apparently) Ghosts of Tsushima, and blimey, what a bloody good game this is. Realise I am well late to this, but…..blimey, beautiful and so many nice features

I enjoy stints of gaming but very rare that a game grabs me and end up playing most nights but Ghosts of Tsushima ticked that box for me. Even when I finished the main story, I kept playing until achieved the platinum trophy (finished it last week actually). Now back to a lull of trying to find a game that works for me. 

Tried Returnal but after an hour, it wasn't doing anything for me so I've downloaded Guardians of the Galaxy to see what that's about. This is the bonus of the new style PS plus system, you can just try games without wasting money.

Anyone playing the new Call of Duty? Lost interest in them years ago when it started to feel like you got shot before you even came back to life. Heard this one is slower paced and more tactical which is more up my street. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, syston_fox said:

I enjoy stints of gaming but very rare that a game grabs me and end up playing most nights but Ghosts of Tsushima ticked that box for me. Even when I finished the main story, I kept playing until achieved the platinum trophy (finished it last week actually). Now back to a lull of trying to find a game that works for me. 

Tried Returnal but after an hour, it wasn't doing anything for me so I've downloaded Guardians of the Galaxy to see what that's about. This is the bonus of the new style PS plus system, you can just try games without wasting money.

Anyone playing the new Call of Duty? Lost interest in them years ago when it started to feel like you got shot before you even came back to life. Heard this one is slower paced and more tactical which is more up my street. 

Agree, new PS Plus is very useful. Not a huge fan of Assassin Creed, but always wanted to take a look at AC Syndicate  :D

GOTG is way better than lame Avengers, and I also found Returnal a bit meh

Edited by Dahnsouff

18 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I see Gotham Knights is receiving much criticism but, when compared to Arkham Knight, it is easy to see why as this video shows.  Shocking performance from the devs on this one on current hardware.

I think when Rocksteady walked away from developing these games they tanked. They did Arkham Asylum through the Arkham Knights. All the games after were by some other company and they've been really really poor. 

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 19:39, Zear0 said:

I think when Rocksteady walked away from developing these games they tanked. They did Arkham Asylum through the Arkham Knights. All the games after were by some other company and they've been really really poor. 

There haven't been any others apart from this one have there? I know Arkham Origins or whatever it's called was done by the Gotham Knights studio and was quite average.

On 03/11/2022 at 21:20, Samilktray said:

I haven’t played it for probably 10 years but I’ve bought the new Call Of Duty for some reason. I’m not playing it though as it’s been downloading for about 6 hours now 

Enjoy it mate, the multiplayer is mint once you've got a setup you're happy with

Attempted to start playing through the Resident Evil series last year after Village came out and I finished that

I remember getting about half way through Zero and then a couple of other games came out which took me away from it and never went back

Started it again at the weekend and got about half way through, now need to finish it before Football Manager comes out tomorrow and God of War Ragnarok comes out on Wednesday lol

Should hopefully be able to smash it out tonight

Edited by moore_94

13 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Downloaded a free poker game. Pure Hold Em. Found myself spending quite some time playing it. Nice to play something more relaxing

Is that the PlayStation one? Lost hours to that game.... Always comedy when someone forgets to turn their mic off and says what their hand is. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Seen the resident evil 2 and 3 remake are available in the xbox sale at 12.49 or 12.99 maybe for the pair, anyone got any opinions on them? Doubt I'll ever get them cheaper than that and remember enjoying resident evil 2 a lot way back when. Are they straight remakes or updated a lot? 

Mainly just updates but with a few tweaks that ruffled the nostalgia crowd.  I found them to be absolutely brilliant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Seen the resident evil 2 and 3 remake are available in the xbox sale at 12.49 or 12.99 maybe for the pair, anyone got any opinions on them? Doubt I'll ever get them cheaper than that and remember enjoying resident evil 2 a lot way back when. Are they straight remakes or updated a lot? 

Resi Evil 2 is quality.  The encounters with Mr X are brilliantly done.  Of the two, it's supposed to be better than 3 but I haven't played that one myself.  Looking forward to the next remake and hearing 'not enough cash, stranger' next March!

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Resi Evil 2 is quality.  The encounters with Mr X are brilliantly done.  Of the two, it's supposed to be better than 3 but I haven't played that one myself.  Looking forward to the next remake and hearing 'not enough cash, stranger' next March!

What are ya Buying

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Moved onto the vast array of Kingdom Hearts games which are now available on PS Extra.  6 titles to run through before I even get to parts 2.8 and 3.  

Hope you've got a free year... I love them but there's a lot of stuff

• Haha 1