Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

At the risk of getting booed more than Bobby Madley, if you do want to get to grips with the survival basics there is actually no shame in using a non-Randy storyteller and you can make custom scenarios, ie give yourself a kinder start with more materials and components ready to go. 

You don't HAVE to dive in as brutal as possible before you've gotten to grips with things lol

Nah, loving it!!  lol

so im plodding, a lot has happened, poor keegs has buried here son and husband a few weeks ago and has never recovered, is in a constantly bad mood too. trying to make this place sustainable but im not sure the others are willing to accept this particular level of abuse 

image.png.7eeb59146b56da45dba9b582c6ed846f.png

• Haha 1

On 31/12/2022 at 16:23, Lako42 said:

Started mass effect this afternoon 

How are you finding it? The first game is a bit of a grind but stick with it as ME2 and ME3 are brilliant games.

There is also ME Andromeda as a standalone game. I saw bad reviews for it but i personally really enjoyed it. as long as you can separate it from the ME trilogy

My Mrs got Spider-Man for my daughter for Christmas and it’s fair to say I’ve been really enjoying it, so much that I actually upgraded it to the remastered version for the PS5 and then picked up a bargain for Miles Morales Spider-Man game on Facebook. Great game.

• Haha 1

On 04/01/2023 at 08:06, buzzer_b said:

My Mrs got Spider-Man for my daughter for Christmas and it’s fair to say I’ve been really enjoying it, so much that I actually upgraded it to the remastered version for the PS5 and then picked up a bargain for Miles Morales Spider-Man game on Facebook. Great game.

Picturing your daughter sat there with a face like a slapped arse as you're playing her christmas prezzie lol

I took the plunge and bought High on Life, I tend to hate FPS but love Justin Roiland's absurd brain. It's been fun, I'd rather he did a point and click or something though :D

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Picturing your daughter sat there with a face like a slapped arse as you're playing her christmas prezzie lol

I took the plunge and bought High on Life, I tend to hate FPS but love Justin Roiland's absurd brain. It's been fun, I'd rather he did a point and click or something though :D

Haha let’s put it this way, she has her save and I have mine lol 

I’ve watched a walkthrough of High On Life and it’s hilarious. Shame it’s not available on the PS5.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, filbertway said:

Do you have Game Pass? It's available for free as of this week. 

Working through Callisto Protocol on ps5..... it's ok..... graphically it's stunning but it's not got the "creepy" feeling that I was hoping for. A couple of jump scares but once it's happened a couple of times, you generally expect it. Probably about 70% of the way through now and can't say it's been a challenge so far but I don't seem to have come across any "boss" characters yet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, syston_fox said:

Working through Callisto Protocol on ps5..... it's ok..... graphically it's stunning but it's not got the "creepy" feeling that I was hoping for. A couple of jump scares but once it's happened a couple of times, you generally expect it. Probably about 70% of the way through now and can't say it's been a challenge so far but I don't seem to have come across any "boss" characters yet. 

I’m about 80%/85% through it and I agree with you. The games graphics are fantastic but I find it a little clunky. I’ve enjoyed it though. I find upgrading the weapons pretty fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

I’m about 80%/85% through it and I agree with you. The games graphics are fantastic but I find it a little clunky. I’ve enjoyed it though. I find upgrading the weapons pretty fun.

Just beaten the second "boss" battle and found the flaws in the game a little more in terms of controls.... Kept dying and it was out of my hands. Camera panned in so close that I had no idea an enemy was behind me. 

One other failing is it takes too long to give yourself health or change guns. Already dead by the time you have injected yourself. 

Not really done much to the guns to be honest. Hardly used them really. Melee most of the way apart from bosses 

• Like 1

On 06/01/2023 at 22:01, Legend_in_blue said:

Finishing off Ghost of Tsushima.  Almost wrapped up Act 3 and have all collectables and sides done to this point.  Should take around 3 hours post story to finish this off for platinum I reckon then I'll start the dlc.

I got to the end and then started the DLC. I played about 10 mins of DLC before realising that i was getting pretty bored of it, so gave up. A great game but i think i binged on it too much 

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I got to the end and then started the DLC. I played about 10 mins of DLC before realising that i was getting pretty bored of it, so gave up. A great game but i think i binged on it too much 

Think its was just the right length.  I didn't really fancy the DLC either but will definitely return to the game in the future at some point.  Its not a game that you could play for a really long time or repeatedly like Elden Ring but I think going back to it in a 2 or 3 years would be pretty good.

Recently played through DE Vice City which was ok.  Wish they did a proper remake of that trilogy though.

Also played Ratchet and Clank Rift apart which was a pretty good demonstration of next gen (controller and the quick memory).

Just doing a bit of Immortals Fenyx Rising at the minute which I haven't quite got into as much as I thort I would.  Only about 15 hours in but a bit of a slog at the minute

On 06/01/2023 at 13:42, syston_fox said:

Finished the game now and whilst fairly enjoyable, it was never really a challenge. Looking back, I think the majority of times I died were because of the camera being stuck so close to the character that you can't back away so get pinned against a wall or back into another enemy you didn't know was there. Frustrating in the boss battles.

Speaking of the boss battles - all pretty much identical and no real skill to them. Dodge, shoot, hit, repeat. 

Beautiful game, playable and a solid 7/10 but not what I was hoping for. 

5 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Wiping out entire teams hiding in a bubble with one nova bomb is a joy. 

I did it with the bubble Titan first and it never happened once, but heard about it while I was doing my Hunter - and, yes, I spent my entire sessions with the Warlock holding on to my super just for that moment twice a match. 

It. 

Was. 

Brilliant. 😂

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

I did it with the bubble Titan first and it never happened once, but heard about it while I was doing my Hunter - and, yes, I spent my entire sessions with the Warlock holding on to my super just for that moment twice a match. 

It. 

Was. 

Brilliant. 😂

hCqBX3WaqX3-X4VAjCu8oun38NI0dvFKqQSKTghzdofYbLtuaM7Q-3m2YRuNhfZ1yat1TshplC97s601-c-fcrop64107cd0000f832ffff-nd-v1-rwa.png

• Haha 1

Had a go at Stranded Deep yesterday, basically like a castaway type survival game where you have to craft tools and things to survive for as long as possible.

Was enjoyable for a while but the constant crafting became quite tiresome, then I paddled my raft for what seemed like ages to get to another island, where upon reaching the shore I was immediately killed by a wild pig - nearly a controller at wall moment.

• Like 2