Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

19 hours ago, Guest said:

Persona 5 Royal, primarily on Steam Deck - magic. Was a bit hesitant as I've zero experience with the series or indeed JRPGs as a whole other than Fire Emblem Three Houses but I love it. Don't think I've played anything so utterly stylish and it's the perfect fit for a handheld as well.

Really good game with interesting story and characters. You will love it

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Guest said:

Persona 5 Royal, primarily on Steam Deck - magic. Was a bit hesitant as I've zero experience with the series or indeed JRPGs as a whole other than Fire Emblem Three Houses but I love it. Don't think I've played anything so utterly stylish and it's the perfect fit for a handheld as well.

14 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

I've been playing this on the Switch this week as well, similar impressions. There must be people working on it who really like going over the top when asked to design a menu lol

Oh and also the soundtrack is brilliant. Take Over somehow just works as battle music

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Lacrimosa of Dana. Really enjoyed it. Can't believe I've never heard or played the Ys series. The 9th installment is free on the game catalogue so that will be my next RPG game. But first I'm going to play The Quarry. Love these decision making games

18 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

what are the best xbox exclusives ? 

Forza horizon 5 is brilliant, absolutely fantastic game. The big two are gears and halo. They're huge games, budget wise, that look great, the campaigns are worth playing, for sure. I enjoy flight simulator, technically very impressive but a bit overly complex for most (including me). The 2 Ori games are top notch platformers. Beyond that games I've not played but I'm aware of as being AAA exclusives, sea of thieves, sunset overdrive, grounded. Can't think of anymore. Do think it's still what sets the 2 apart for me, the consoles, I own both but Sony just have a lot more exclusives, some of them great, some of them good and some of them rubbish but they're there to play, xbox just doesn't have a very big library of exclusive games. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Forza horizon 5 is brilliant, absolutely fantastic game. The big two are gears and halo. They're huge games, budget wise, that look great, the campaigns are worth playing, for sure. I enjoy flight simulator, technically very impressive but a bit overly complex for most (including me). The 2 Ori games are top notch platformers. Beyond that games I've not played but I'm aware of as being AAA exclusives, sea of thieves, sunset overdrive, grounded. Can't think of anymore. Do think it's still what sets the 2 apart for me, the consoles, I own both but Sony just have a lot more exclusives, some of them great, some of them good and some of them rubbish but they're there to play, xbox just doesn't have a very big library of exclusive games. 

The best era for XBox exclusives was back in the 360 days, when I had both consoles.  Since then, no point.  

I'm currently going through Guardians of the Galaxy and the banter between characters is excellent.  I am very impressed with this title so far, I didn't expect it to be as good as this.

On 03/03/2023 at 14:11, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Beyond that games I've not played but I'm aware of as being AAA exclusives, sea of thieves, sunset overdrive, grounded. 

On 02/03/2023 at 19:22, whoareyaaa said:

what are the best xbox exclusives ? 

Sea of Thieves has the capacity to be a great experience if you can get a few friends together regularly. Been out for a while as well, so the amount of content is sizeable.

I enjoyed playing Grounded for quite a while. Didn't finish it though. Each significant stage of the story felt a little grindy to complete and it did eventually get a little bit stale. If you're into survival games with some form of overarching story, it's pretty well put together.

Looking forward to trying Valheim when it drops on Xbox in a week or so. 

• Like 1

Atomic Heart. 

It's not perfect, but a strong effort. Borrows a LOT from the Bioshock games and to some extent, the new Wolfenstein series. 

Pretty annoying protagonist, and a tendency to lean on some time filler fetch quests, but the concept is strong, storyline is decent, combat is fun and the graphics are great. 

Available on GamePass. 

So i finished The Quarry. Good decision making game where 5 of the people died lol. I then moved onto The Forgotten City. I really enjoyed it. It's a short game but intriguing to play.

I have downloaded Ys 9 ready to play but i recently got a switch again. Now i am back online on that i am playing through Zelda Ocarina of Time. No matter how many times i play this game i can never get bored of it. This game is right up there as the greatest game ever made

In anticipation of TOTK, I'm trying to play through all the Zeldas I've never fully completed.

Finished Minish Cap which was excellent. Onto A Link to the Past now. Majora's Mask next and then probably a quick replay of Ocarina of Time for old time's sake. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

In anticipation of TOTK, I'm trying to play through all the Zeldas I've never fully completed.

Finished Minish Cap which was excellent. Onto A Link to the Past now. Majora's Mask next and then probably a quick replay of Ocarina of Time for old time's sake. 

I'm playing OoT now. Just got to shadow temple. So good. Also started Majora's mask so will continue that after I finish OoT.

Minish Cap is brilliant. I may play that 1 again since it's been a while.

So many Zelda games that have a place in my heart. 

BOTW tho can get in the bin. I really hope TOTK fills me with the Void BOTW left

21 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I'm playing OoT now. Just got to shadow temple. So good. Also started Majora's mask so will continue that after I finish OoT.

Minish Cap is brilliant. I may play that 1 again since it's been a while.

So many Zelda games that have a place in my heart. 

BOTW tho can get in the bin. I really hope TOTK fills me with the Void BOTW left

I've got the 1st ever Nintendo and a gold legend of zelda cartridge in the loft. Might have to dust it off

11 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Diablo 4 Beta starts at 4PM today if you've pre ordered the game :)

I'm one of the biggest diablo fans you'll find, not pre ordered this one though. 

Will wait for the reviews this time. Watching the development has not filled me with confidence. 

For the old school JRPG fans out there I've been playing a game called Live a Live on the switch and its had me hooked. Its a remake of a game that came out 30 years ago but flew under the radar because it was a Japan exclusive until 2022. If anyone liked Chrono Trigger then this is a hard recommend. 

• Like 1