Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Valheim dropped on GamePass today. 

Absolutely pumped to play this one with a few mates. 

Its absolutely fantastic. Quite janky controls for building, but when you figure it out it's so fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

How long did that take? 

202 hours. But i did go to every marker on the map which i didnt really need to. Just needed to enter the area to get an achievement. Ended up top of the mercenarys and max level of 99. Enjoyed it though.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

202 hours. But i did go to every marker on the map which i didnt really need to. Just needed to enter the area to get an achievement. Ended up top of the mercenarys and max level of 99. Enjoyed it though.

202 hours?!?!  lol

Fair play.  

I dread to think how long Valhalla will take you!  I did Odyssey in around 90 hours I think.  Valhalla took me 125 - that's everything the base game offered to platinum, I couldn't be bothered with the DLC.  I'd had enough by that point.  Give yourself perhaps 250 hours?  lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Anyone on here tried Baldurs Gate 3 and know if its worth getting? Its been in early access for like 3 years now.

It's basically Divinity 2: Original Sin with a different story.  If you like that (I do), you'll love BG3.  If you've got the patience for it, it'll still be worth holding out on as the "Early Access" generally refered to them not finishing the campaign.  It should be done this year if you can wait.

If not, go for it as it's really really good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

It's basically Divinity 2: Original Sin with a different story.  If you like that (I do), you'll love BG3.  If you've got the patience for it, it'll still be worth holding out on as the "Early Access" generally refered to them not finishing the campaign.  It should be done this year if you can wait.

Loved Divinity OS2 and I know BG3 has been developed by Larian, if its coming out this year then I reckon I can wait as i'd rather play the finished product. 

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Loved Divinity OS2 and I know BG3 has been developed by Larian, if its coming out this year then I reckon I can wait as i'd rather play the finished product. 

Just to add to this it's now got a release date of August 31st. I've had it since the early access launched and it is great but I've shelved it now until full release and I would probably advise to hold off buying until then (unless you want the goodies from the digital deluxe edition for no extra cost, in which case you could just buy it now and not play it). Part of the appeal of early access has been seeing it improve and things like classes and spells getting added over time but the most recent big patch was the last one before launch, so what you see is what you get until then.

It's definitely substantial enough and in good enough shape for you to have fun with it but yeah, probably worth waiting for the final version over playing Act 1 now and then waiting nearly half a year for the rest of the game to unlock.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Guest said:

Just to add to this it's now got a release date of August 31st. I've had it since the early access is launched and it is great but I've shelved it now until full release and I would probably advise to hold off buying until then (unless you want the goodies from the digital deluxe edition for no extra cost, in which case you could just buy it now and not play it). Part of the appeal of early access has been seeing it improve and things like classes and spells getting added over time but the most recent big patch was the last one before launch, so what you see is what you get until then.

It's definitely substantial enough and in good enough shape for you to have fun with it but yeah, probably worth waiting for the final version over playing Act 1 now and then waiting nearly half a year for the rest of the game to unlock.

August 31st isn't too bad of a wait. Hopefully no delays but there's plenty to play between now and then. 

• Like 1

Is Elder scrolls good or is it just for hardcore gamers? 

I struggle to get into games and keep reverting back to mindless shite like warzone which is wank but addictive. 

Currently downloaded but not touched I have the below but also have gamepass so anything on there is a goer. 

AC Odyssey

AC Origins 

Elder Scrolls 

Witcher remastered 

Help me get into something rather than the same old shit 

33 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Is Elder scrolls good or is it just for hardcore gamers? 

I struggle to get into games and keep reverting back to mindless shite like warzone which is wank but addictive. 

Currently downloaded but not touched I have the below but also have gamepass so anything on there is a goer. 

AC Odyssey

AC Origins 

Elder Scrolls 

Witcher remastered 

Help me get into something rather than the same old shit 

Depends what genre you are into. 

When you say Elder Scrolls i presume you refer to Skyrim. Incredible game which you can dump hundreds of hours in. A lot of variety. Not just for hardcore gamers. Set difficulty to easy and just explore and fight dragons.

AC Series, i love Odyssey and Origins but there are a lot of fetch quests, which i know most people can turn their noses up. 

The Witcher 3 is brilliant, great story and combat, if you take the combat seriously it can be really rewarding. Especially when you need to plan and study the enemy.

So you like Warzone, i also play Warzone but only because my friends play it but honestly i havent touched it in 2 weeks and i have no drive to play it again, full of cheaters. If you like shooters then maybe look at the below games

Fallout 4

Red Dead Redemption 2

Mass Effect Trilogy (highly recommend)

For me i love a game with a good story. Like a good book you need to know what happens next. That's why i love RPG games.

It would do you good to step away from Warzone, it has so much potential to be an incredible game but it is clearly just a money spinner and they do not care about the cheaters that ravage the game

18 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Depends what genre you are into. 

When you say Elder Scrolls i presume you refer to Skyrim. Incredible game which you can dump hundreds of hours in. A lot of variety. Not just for hardcore gamers. Set difficulty to easy and just explore and fight dragons.

AC Series, i love Odyssey and Origins but there are a lot of fetch quests, which i know most people can turn their noses up. 

The Witcher 3 is brilliant, great story and combat, if you take the combat seriously it can be really rewarding. Especially when you need to plan and study the enemy.

So you like Warzone, i also play Warzone but only because my friends play it but honestly i havent touched it in 2 weeks and i have no drive to play it again, full of cheaters. If you like shooters then maybe look at the below games

Fallout 4

Red Dead Redemption 2

Mass Effect Trilogy (highly recommend)

For me i love a game with a good story. Like a good book you need to know what happens next. That's why i love RPG games.

It would do you good to step away from Warzone, it has so much potential to be an incredible game but it is clearly just a money spinner and they do not care about the cheaters that ravage the game

Cheers

Yes Skyrim, might give it a go. 

I just find the games struggle to hold my attention, too much detail etc. 

37 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Cheers

Skyrim may fall to that sword then as you can start a quest then end up getting sidetracked and end up somewhere completely different lol.

Are you Playstation or Xbox?

Just now, Lako42 said:

Xbox series X

Every game i was about to suggest is Playstation Exclusive so i would highly recommend giving the Mass Effect trilogy a go. The first game is the worst of the 3 but its still decent.

I was seriously impressed with that series

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Cheers

Not sure you'd enjoy Skyrim then. It's a massive open world but it's quite drab and almost no story to drag you along and keep you interested.

Got to be honest, whilst objectively it is a good game, it's also one of the most overhyped games about. Might be different on pc with all the amazing modding people do

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Every game i was about to suggest is Playstation Exclusive so i would highly recommend giving the Mass Effect trilogy a go. The first game is the worst of the 3 but its still decent.

I was seriously impressed with that series

Definitely. Especially now there's a remastered version. I've played through all of that with all the dlc at least 3 times

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dames said:

Tried the RE4 Demo last night and it confirmed to me that it will be a day one purchase. 

It's a top class game in 2005.  It's even better now.

It's one of the greatest games ever made without question.  

Surely Capcom have included a revamp of this in the remastered game?  Fantastic soundtrack.  

Edited by Legend_in_blue

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's a top class game in 2005.  It's even better now.

It's one of the greatest games ever made without question.  

Surely Capcom have included a revamp of this in the remastered game?  Fantastic soundtrack.  

Appaently, there is some DLC (Extra DLC Pack) that includes an original soundtrack swap, much like that in the RE2 Remake, so the original tunes should all be available. Wouldn't be surprised if there were plenty of nods to the original OST in the new OST either, that's what they did with RE3.

As an aside, these marketing trailers Capcom have been putting out this week are brilliant lol

• Like 1