Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 22/03/2023 at 15:05, Lako42 said:

Is Far Cry any good? 

Far cry 2 is one of my favourite games. 3 sensational, 4 excellent and the latest 2 I found too samey and boring. As someone new to it 5 will seem great, I would imagine (unless you play a lot of ubisoft games). 

I just got ea play on my ps5 to play f1 22 and go through fallen order again, any other recommendations? 

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Far cry 2 is one of my favourite games. 3 sensational, 4 excellent and the latest 2 I found too samey and boring. As someone new to it 5 will seem great, I would imagine (unless you play a lot of ubisoft games). 

I just got ea play on my ps5 to play f1 22 and go through fallen order again, any other recommendations? 

So I'm not gamer but is Far Cry 5 known for being quite easy? 

Missions the beginning to clear a place of the cult people took about 20 seconds 

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Decided to play one of the Assasins Creed games for the 1st time. 

Went with Origins and so far (2.5 hours) it seems amazing and not as complicated as I thought it might be. 

Gameplay is excellent 

Great game. Out of the most recent ones Odyssey was the best for me. The Spartan Kick never gets old lol 

I have downloaded Immortals Fenyx Rising. Only played an hour so far but i think i will enjoy it. 

Was a bit bored last night flicking through Game Pass and came across Superliminal has anyone else played it?

It's kind of like an escape rooms type feel to it although you working your way through different floors/areas of a medical-type facility.

I really enjoyed it. It wasn't difficult but just easy and enjoyable, one of those games you can chuck on casually when you don't want to put too much effort in. 

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Great game. Out of the most recent ones Odyssey was the best for me. The Spartan Kick never gets old lol 

I have downloaded Immortals Fenyx Rising. Only played an hour so far but i think i will enjoy it. 

Some of the challenges are really hard at times lol but enjoyable game I think still playing through it tbh

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

It's a good game and a welcome change of pace to Ubi's AC waypoint and checklist formula.

As the map isn't overly big it can all be done in a decent amount of time too.  You're probably looking at around 50 hours to platinum although I cannot remember exactly how long it took me to do.  Try to pick up as many collectables as you can as you travel through the games main regions but don't get too annoyed at those left.  You'll need some kind of upgrade at various points in the game to access them all.  Mop up at the end.  Probably adds another 3-4 hours max. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's a good game and a welcome change of pace to Ubi's AC waypoint and checklist formula.

As the map isn't overly big it can all be done in a decent amount of time too.  You're probably looking at around 50 hours to platinum although I cannot remember exactly how long it took me to do.  Try to pick up as many collectables as you can as you travel through the games main regions but don't get too annoyed at those left.  You'll need some kind of upgrade at various points in the game to access them all.  Mop up at the end.  Probably adds another 3-4 hours max. 

I'm finding the controls a little awkward to grasp. I'm doing a challenge right now where I'm gliding to clouds and I can't make it to the end. Wondering if there is an ability I need. 

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I'm finding the controls a little awkward to grasp. I'm doing a challenge right now where I'm gliding to clouds and I can't make it to the end. Wondering if there is an ability I need. 

I think I know where you are.  There is a collectable on top of a high area you cannot reach until later on in the game.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I think I know where you are.  There is a collectable on top of a high area you cannot reach until later on in the game.  

I figured as much

I like all the little puzzles scattered around, some of them are actually making me stop and think, i am also enjoying the combat now i am starting to get my head around the controls.

Greek Mythology has always been interesting to me so with that and the arty graphics i get the feeling this will be a game that i will look to platinum. 

• Like 1

23 hours into Immortal Fenyx Rising. Im quite enjoying it. Graphically it looks really nice with the bright colours. I like the combat and the different skills you can learn. I think i am close to the end so i am now going around doing all vaults and finding all collectibles before i ruin Typhon.

Been playing Valheim with a friend recently, further to it being added to gamepass.

Crafting/Survival game, set on a procedurally generated map. It's early access, but has a decent amount to it.

You play a Viking, starting at the centre of a large circular map. It seems the further out you go, the environments become more harmful and the enemies more difficult. Therefore, you have to level up and build the appropriate equipment to survive. 

There are 5 'biomes' currently, each of which has a boss you have to locate and defeat, in addition to the general enemies which keep you busy.

It's been a decent laugh, although can be absolutely brutal at times. The health and stamina mechanics are not entirely easy on you and there isn't much hand holding. Not sure I'll keep at it until the end. In this genre of games, I had a better time recently with Grounded which I'd absolutely recommend. 

Edited by samlcfc

Persona 5 Royal seen off after a mere 120 hours - one of my all-time favourites without a doubt, it's a masterpiece. Very tempted to go straight back in for NG+ but for the good of my health I'm instead going to opt for a nice short palate cleanser, something like Sifu or Pentiment, then Persona 4 Golden to see how it compares.

• Like 2

Been playing this little gem over the weekend - Dredge

On the one hand it is a relaxing fishing boat simulator - catch fish, sell fish in different harbours, upgrade boat etc. The fishing mini games are quite satisfying

But stay out too long and the night can bring various terrors - although some of the fish can only be caught at night.

Lots of other missions, ferrying passengers, cargo and treasure hunting by plundering shipwrecks.

Really enjoying it so far.

On PS4/5, Xbox, Steam and Switch I think!