Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Been playing this little gem over the weekend - Dredge

On the one hand it is a relaxing fishing boat simulator - catch fish, sell fish in different harbours, upgrade boat etc. The fishing mini games are quite satisfying

But stay out too long and the night can bring various terrors - although some of the fish can only be caught at night.

Lots of other missions, ferrying passengers, cargo and treasure hunting by plundering shipwrecks.

Really enjoying it so far.

On PS4/5, Xbox, Steam and Switch I think!

This looks pretty fun, might give it a go 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just started The Goose Game. Its a really good little puzzle game. Something quite satisfying walking around honking at people with wings spread wide lol 

Just locked a woman in a garage lol 

Great little game.

-

I bought Road 96: Mile 0 last night during a bout of insomnia and started it before going to work this morning. Got so hooked on the original, and this is a little different, but once the story gets going, it'll hopefully be as gripping.

I'm on day 130-odd in Valheim. 

With two mates feels like we've done a LOT, but fully aware that we're really only just getting started having reached the 3rd biome. 

It's brutally difficult at times but I absolutely love it. Survival mechanics are so well balanced and it feels like we've already done some fantastic builds. 

The only downside is it's a bit too frustrating to play alone which is shit when my friends aren't around. It's fine for a bit of resource gathering or general odd jobs, but there's no way you can realistically progress much without at least one other player. 

13 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I know it's been out for a few years now but just completed RDR2 for the first time. Wow. What a game. Brilliant storyline and characters, completely understand why so many people see it as one of the best games ever made.

Breathtaking stuff. Really great isn't it? I could wax lyrical about every aspect of it. It's so good.

I've just finished Inside which is an entirely different game in almost every capacity but it was excellent fun.

• Like 1

Battling through Resident Evil 2 - PS4 version, forgot I had it and haven't played it in ages so gave it a bash and now I'm hooked. I'm on the verge of completing all scenarios.

Going to pick up Resident Evil 3 as soon as I complete it. Then possibly on to 4.

On 22/04/2023 at 10:46, Stinky said:

ROLLER COASTER TYCOON 

On 24/04/2023 at 10:58, RoboFox said:

Which version? 

Greatest management sim ever created IMO. 

Parkitect and Planet Coaster also great. 

First one is iconic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Guest said:

Thought I'd give Jedi Fallen Order a go since I had it free through PS Plus (I assume anyway) and the new one's out - binned after about three hours. **** me it's boring.

It gets the praise it gets only because it's been an age (I'm thinking KoToR here) since a decent Star Wars game was released and people have forgotten what a decent Star Wars title plays like and compared to the recent competition, (I'm thinking Battlefront here) the bar has been set quite low.  lol

It grows on you and yes it's a slow burner.  Some of the animations are stiff though and the map is a total disgrace for a modern game.  The sequel shares the same hopeless map system too so no improvement there.  

23 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It gets the praise it gets only because it's been an age (I'm thinking KoToR here) since a decent Star Wars game was released and people have forgotten what a decent Star Wars title plays like and compared to the recent competition, (I'm thinking Battlefront here) the bar has been set quite low.  lol

It grows on you and yes it's a slow burner.  Some of the animations are stiff though and the map is a total disgrace for a modern game.  The sequel shares the same hopeless map system too so no improvement there.  

The map is indeed shit, as are the environments themselves. It seems like they were trying to take after the Souls games but forgot to do the thing where the areas all connect back to eachother, so you just end up backtracking down the same corridors over and over. I can't for the life of me think why there's not an option to fast travel between rest points or even just back to your ship other than to deliberately waste your time. If it were to encourage exploration then fine but there doesn't actually seem to be much point to exploration as the only rewards I've been finding are different coloured ponchos or cosmetics for the handle of my lightsaber, which I can't actually see during gameplay because it's being held by a character who has his back to me.

I don't want to be too hasty so I think I'll give the next area a chance (Kashyyyk I think) but unless the level design, combat and characters all suddenly become vastly more interesting I think we'll be parting ways.

• Like 1

I loved fallen order and on ps5 survivor is running okay after the patch, though clearly still needs a lot work. 

Like this game or not the real issue I have lately is every game by a big studio that's getting released is basically an alpha build that takes months to fix. It's a joke they keep getting away with it over and over again. Redfall being the latest in an embarrassingly long list just this year alone. 

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I loved fallen order and on ps5 survivor is running okay after the patch, though clearly still needs a lot work. 

Like this game or not the real issue I have lately is every game by a big studio that's getting released is basically an alpha build that takes months to fix. It's a joke they keep getting away with it over and over again. Redfall being the latest in an embarrassingly long list just this year alone. 

This is where Guerrilla Games are very much in a league of their own along with the likes of Naughty Dog and Santa Monica Studios.  Still reckon HFW was very overlooked when it came to the game awards last year though.  The open world they've created in the space of two titles having never done so before is exemplary and from day one it ran beautifully.  Admittedly the photo mode wasn't quite right on release and a further patch had the graphics looking even more incredible than they were before, but it runs fantastic.  Over a year on and still nothing looks as good as Horizon.

On 06/05/2023 at 09:59, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Then plenty of companies take the piss by having a spokespersons identify the shoddy work as some sort of unavoidable mistake that they'll review moving forwards.

Pretty sure Microsoft did that recently following the release of Redfall. Couldn't possibly delay a broken game that they'll sell to people, but they're fighting to complete the takeover of Activision for about $70b. Considering recent stories around the industry, I wouldn't be surprised to find the employees overworked and underpaid.

The game is really quite poor. Thought I'd jump on with some friends as it was on gamepass and expected just bit of a light-hearted mess-around. It just about met my low expectations, but there's a fair few bugs that make playing it annoying. Picking up a sniper-rife would either see all the guns in my inventory having a huge scope functionality, or no scope functionality including the rifle. Even just picking stuff up from the environment requires you to duck and weave to get the selection prompt to appear.

Like you say, they'll continue to get away with it mostly. The demand for games from big studios is just so high. Starfield will no doubt release an absolute mess in due course.

Edited by samlcfc

Just finished Star Wars Jedi Survivor and I really enjoyed it

Took me around 30 hours to get to the end credits which included a good amount of me getting distracted and going off and exploring etc.

I thought the main story was good, builds well off the the first game, with some good twists that I definitely didn't expect

New stances and moves that keep the combat fun and stop it just being repetitive of the first game

Lots of exploring you can go off and do as well if you want to - some really hard and annoying boss fights for people that enjoy them

Plenty of side missions and unexplored areas for me to go off and do now that I have completed the main story and until Tears of the Kingdom on Friday!

Probably a 7.5 or 8/10 for me personally

After finishing Tales of Zesteria (decent for £2.50) I wanted to find something to occupy me until Zelda arrives. So i am giving Monster Boy - The Cursed Kingdom a go. Im actually quite enjoying it. The art style is really good and the difficulty is enough to keep me interested. The puzzles arent too bad and the boss battles are interesting.

A tidy little game that will keep me busy for now