Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

Been playing (the original) Horizon Zero Dawn recently; picked it up for a fiver the other week. It is quite fun shooting watchers in the face. Not sure whether the story’s a bit predictable though. I’m about 30-40% of the way through, though I’ve probably spent too much time killing random machines for the sake of it.

I mean… honing my skills. Yeah.

Has anyone else played it? What did you make of it?

both Horizon games are great. Especially Forbidden West.

The story i certainly didnt find predictable, i did not expect the game direction to go the way it did, though maybe that is just me not being smart enough lol. I would be interested to know how you felt once you finish the main story.

After getting the platinum trophy in God Of War Ragnarok i have found myself feeling a little bored. None of the new releases on PS Premium have really bothered me. So i went on the switch and found Tales of Vesperia for £6. Never played it but after playing Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Arise i thought its a cheap game that will certainly scratch that RPG itch im always looking for.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

both Horizon games are great. Especially Forbidden West.

The story i certainly didnt find predictable, i did not expect the game direction to go the way it did, though maybe that is just me not being smart enough lol. I would be interested to know how you felt once you finish the main story.

After getting the platinum trophy in God Of War Ragnarok i have found myself feeling a little bored. None of the new releases on PS Premium have really bothered me. So i went on the switch and found Tales of Vesperia for £6. Never played it but after playing Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Arise i thought its a cheap game that will certainly scratch that RPG itch im always looking for.

I’ve played a few Tales games. First I played was Tales of Graces, which I really liked because it has a humour reminiscent of FF7. I found the characters likeable too, and a story that knows what it’s doing and sticks to its guns. Tales of Symphonia felt a bit grating in places but I found that decent too. I haven’t played any since Tales of Xillia though, which I found pretty mediocre in general and with a pretty disastrous finish, plus I actively didn’t like the main character.

With Horizon Zero Dawn, I’ve just left the part where we first hear mention of “Project Zero Dawn”. They don’t say what it is yet, but I can hazard a guess, particularly since the whole thing feels foreshadowed in the words of the elders. But I’ll carry on and find out, and shoot some more watchers in the face along the way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I’ve played a few Tales games. First I played was Tales of Graces, which I really liked because it has a humour reminiscent of FF7. I found the characters likeable too, and a story that knows what it’s doing and sticks to its guns. Tales of Symphonia felt a bit grating in places but I found that decent too. I haven’t played any since Tales of Xillia though, which I found pretty mediocre in general and with a pretty disastrous finish, plus I actively didn’t like the main character.

With Horizon Zero Dawn, I’ve just left the part where we first hear mention of “Project Zero Dawn”. They don’t say what it is yet, but I can hazard a guess, particularly since the whole thing feels foreshadowed in the words of the elders. But I’ll carry on and find out, and shoot some more watchers in the face along the way.

Oh, my friend, just wait until you hear more about it.

• Like 2

Don't play much new games these days. Still start the odd new save of Dwarf Fortress, RimWorld, Factorio or Europa Universalis IV or try to do some challenges from the newer Hitman trilogy.  Tried to get into Victoria 3 recently, as Victoria 2 was one of my favourite all-time games, but couldn't get the new war mechanics, it felt a bit baron, maybe in 5 years time.

Did play through Outer Wilds a couple of months ago, which was an absolutely brilliant game though.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dunge said:

Been playing (the original) Horizon Zero Dawn recently; picked it up for a fiver the other week. It is quite fun shooting watchers in the face. Not sure whether the story’s a bit predictable though. I’m about 30-40% of the way through, though I’ve probably spent too much time killing random machines for the sake of it.

I mean… honing my skills. Yeah.

Has anyone else played it? What did you make of it?

It's the best game on PS4 and HFW is the best game on PS5.  :thumbup:

When you consider that Guerilla Games started it up from scratch, and had been known for FPSs up until that point in time, it's a huge achievement.  Both games pretty much perfect from day one as well.  

There is no open world game out there currently as good as HFW.  It's phenomenal.  As for the story, it will take a few twists and turns.  The lore building in this game is pretty clever, particularly in how it ties in with the second and soon to be (hopefully) third installment of the game.

Chose Atomic Heart as the first game to play and test my Rog Ally out with and was absolutely disappointed by the ending of the game. Fun up until the last act where it really loses its way.

The Rog Ally is a fantastic bit of kit though and ran the game well at medium - high settings. 

On 29/06/2023 at 14:22, Libertine said:

Got Ragnarok for my bday so playing through that currently. Will keep me occupied until FF16 drops in price a bit. 😬

Playing this at the minute, great game but I prefer the last one. Maybe as that’s the first GOW game I ever played. 

22 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Playing this at the minute, great game but I prefer the last one. Maybe as that’s the first GOW game I ever played. 

Just finished the main story yesterday. Probably enjoyed this one more, though I did play the first in April 2020 so that whole time may sour it a little. Not much between them though for me. 

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

Just finished the main story yesterday. Probably enjoyed this one more, though I did play the first in April 2020 so that whole time may sour it a little. Not much between them though for me. 

Great game, quite an easy platinum trophy also. Love the God of War series

Finding myself bored and can't get into anything. Downloaded some of the recent PS plus games and nothing is gripping me. Thought I would give Doom Eternal a go and within 1 minute of playing it I find myself thinking I just can't be arsed.

Now cruncyroll isn't working, presumably due to rain outside. I have the house for a week (next week) whilst the wife and daughter are on holiday so might just blitz a new anime and probably buy Final Fantasy 16 

13 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Finding myself bored and can't get into anything. Downloaded some of the recent PS plus games and nothing is gripping me. Thought I would give Doom Eternal a go and within 1 minute of playing it I find myself thinking I just can't be arsed.

Now cruncyroll isn't working, presumably due to rain outside. I have the house for a week (next week) whilst the wife and daughter are on holiday so might just blitz a new anime and probably buy Final Fantasy 16 

Lol I downloaded that doom yesterday played it for about 5 minutes but couldn’t get past the first door didn’t no how to open it ended up uninstalling.

• Haha 1

On 16/06/2023 at 15:45, Leicester_Loyal said:

Back here again, 19 years on now.

On 16/06/2023 at 15:47, Leicester_Loyal said:

Have you played the series? I've recently played through AoE 2 again, fantastic and it's 24 years old I think now, although obviously it's been remastered in HD etc.

Finding myself going back in time as well for old games recently.

Things like HoMM3 and Settlers 2 (never realised how brutal and time consuming the campaign was!) have been fun to rediscover.

Have tried Dune: Spice Wars which is quite decent to be fair, even in "alpha" stage, whatever that means these days...

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Lol I downloaded that doom yesterday played it for about 5 minutes but couldn’t get past the first door didn’t no how to open it ended up uninstalling.

I just didn't like the feel of the movement. So to try and adapt to it i just couldn't be bothered. As soon as i picked up the chainsaw and it was explaining to me how to use it that was the exact moment i was like nah this isnt for me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I just didn't like the feel of the movement. So to try and adapt to it i just couldn't be bothered. As soon as i picked up the chainsaw and it was explaining to me how to use it that was the exact moment i was like nah this isnt for me

Have you tried Far Cry 5 or Far Cry 6?  The new batch of Extra games are announced tomorrow too.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Have you tried Far Cry 5 or Far Cry 6?  The new batch of Extra games are announced tomorrow too.

I enjoy the Far Cry games. Already done 5 and 6 when they were first released. 

Decided to take a break from gaming and watch a new anime. Hunter x Hunter. Well it's not new but I haven't seen it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Far Cry 5.  Took a while to get into it but after a few upgrades on weapons, stashes found and perks added, the gameplay was decent.  Also found the endings pretty clever at the end.  Need to go back and do the ending at the start now.  lol

Do I go back and do FC4 before FC6 or do I go through FC new dawn straightaway?  What about FC3?  Not played a FC game since the first two.