Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Really enjoying the FF16 story so far. I put the game on like the easiest setting, as i normally am not bothered about the combat and just want to play through the story. However as im enjoying the fighting side of it its way too easy. So i think its time to start playing it as it should be played.

I have just gained the wind Eikon Garuda. I have an idea who the fire dominant is that im chasing after so lets see if my hunch is correct.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Been playing Baldurs Gate 3 quite a bit, I've no idea if I'm doing it right but I'm having a pretty good time of it.

Same here. First time playing this type of rpg but it's good fun and I love the combat. 

• Like 1

Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition.

Still. 

Best multiplayer game ever made imo. have been playing for years, and still hooked. There are many single player masterpieces imo, but I’ve not played anything multiplayer that comes close in my 2 and a bit decades of gaming, and I’ve tried a lot of them. 

Requires you to sit down and think, doesn’t give you instant gratification you can get from some other games, but it’s so, so worth it. 

Aside from that, quite enjoy Risk of Rain 2 as another great multiplayer with friends. Roguelike. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Really enjoying PGA Tour 2k23. It was free this month on PSN.

Also, my racing itch of old cropped up and I re-downloaded an old favourite of mine, Ride 2. 

The putting on that game is infuriating for me, just can’t get the hang of it lol

Somehow my chip putt from a distance is better than putting from within 10 feet

11 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Also, my racing itch of old cropped up and I re-downloaded an old favourite of mine, Ride 2. 

55 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The putting on that game is infuriating for me, just can’t get the hang of it lol

Also, the three button press system for taking a shot is the most ridiculous setup ever created.  I just use the stick but then as soon as I put it on anything above the first couple of difficulty settings the ball ends up moving about 30 yards down the fairway.  lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue

On 12/08/2023 at 12:28, Dahnsouff said:

Get Remnant 2 it’s fantastic

I don’t think I could commit to that. Looks great, but I’d end up getting immersed and not having the time for Starfield. Think I’ll just be dipping into Game Pass and trying free stuff till next month. 

Just now, Daggers said:

I don’t think I could commit to that. Looks great, but I’d end up getting immersed and not having the time for Starfield. Think I’ll just be dipping into Game Pass and trying free stuff till next month. 

Wise I think. It will not let go once you start and if you are waiting for Starfield this could well get in the way.

I have stopped and moved onto the more casual Atlas Fallen but my boy is in full on summer holiday platinum mode on Remnant 2  :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Been playing Baldurs Gate 3 quite a bit, I've no idea if I'm doing it right but I'm having a pretty good time of it.

There's not really a wrong way of doing it. 

It's such a well made game that you can almost murder hobo your whole way through it and still complete it it needs be. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's not really a wrong way of doing it. 

It's such a well made game that you can almost murder hobo your whole way through it and still complete it it needs be. 

I went storming into the Goblin camp and murdering them, before getting that niggling in the back of my neck that maybe I'm doing something wrong.. they weren't initiating combat with me lol

And also Wyll got killed straight away, so I'm down a companion already.

25 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I went storming into the Goblin camp and murdering them, before getting that niggling in the back of my neck that maybe I'm doing something wrong.. they weren't initiating combat with me lol

And also Wyll got killed straight away, so I'm down a companion already.

Erm. You should have a bunch of revivify scrolls. But also it's very much a game where save scumming is expected. Quick save a lot. It's not hardcore, you don't have to perma lose people. 

Also don't worry, there's no moral ambiguity, the goblins are objectively evil. 

You can obviously choose to do an evil play through if you want. My friend murdered the entire druid grove lol

Has anyone got any recommendations on Game Pass for a game you can dip in and out of each evening? Desperate times but I maybe get an hour (or two if I'm lucky) free a day to play and looking for something to pass the time until Starfield comes out. Thinking of doing the Mass Effect series again or maybe start from ME2.

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Has anyone got any recommendations on Game Pass for a game you can dip in and out of each evening? Desperate times but I maybe get an hour (or two if I'm lucky) free a day to play and looking for something to pass the time until Starfield comes out. Thinking of doing the Mass Effect series again or maybe start from ME2.

If you like survival horror at all, then Signalis is a fantastic indie game on Game Pass. Takes about 10 hours total playthrough, and although it plays a lot like a classic resident evil game, you do get infinite saves, so you can always pop back to a save room easily when you want to put it down. Set in a space colony as well, so might be suitable if you are in the mood for Mass Effect.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I'm not too bad with the putting. I do use the green grid though.

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Also, the three button press system for taking a shot is the most ridiculous setup ever created.  I just use the stick but then as soon as I put it on anything above the first couple of difficulty settings the ball ends up moving about 30 yards down the fairway.  lol

I used to always use the 3 click in the Tiger Woods games, but I didn't even understand how it works in this game.

I use the stick, but I have timing turned off and that seems to work well for me.

There's lots of customization to tinker with to make the game as easy or as difficult as you want. I'm using mostly "pro" settings and "normal" difficulty with conditions and AI strength.

16 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition.

Still. 

Best multiplayer game ever made imo. have been playing for years, and still hooked. There are many single player masterpieces imo, but I’ve not played anything multiplayer that comes close in my 2 and a bit decades of gaming, and I’ve tried a lot of them. 

Requires you to sit down and think, doesn’t give you instant gratification you can get from some other games, but it’s so, so worth it. 

Aside from that, quite enjoy Risk of Rain 2 as another great multiplayer with friends. Roguelike. 

I am currently slightly addicted to quick play online multiplayer 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

If you like survival horror at all, then Signalis is a fantastic indie game on Game Pass. Takes about 10 hours total playthrough, and although it plays a lot like a classic resident evil game, you do get infinite saves, so you can always pop back to a save room easily when you want to put it down. Set in a space colony as well, so might be suitable if you are in the mood for Mass Effect.

Will give this a go this evening!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I am currently slightly addicted to quick play online multiplayer 

I highly recommend the ranked ladder :) shorter wait and great balance. You will likely lose games at first but you will soon find your right place in the ranking system and face people at your level. It’s the best way to improve and you get balanced games almost always after you have played 10+ games. The ranking system will eventually place you at a level where you win 50% of games. 

You’ll maybe get slapped first few games but it’s worth persevering. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Bit left field but try Vampire Survivors.  As the objective is to stay alive for 30 mins, should hopefully tick the box for dip in and out.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Back in yet @Daggers

Nope - and I’m not going to watch that. The one thing they do well is self-promotion. Then, come the new year, it’s obvious that all they’ve pumped out is rehashed bollocks.

Came across a couple of streamers who I used to watch now and then who totally eviscerated Bungie and the way they e abandoned the game, leaving it a microtransaction clusterfvck. For once, I didn’t disagree with a thing they had to say.

On 17/08/2023 at 21:39, spacemunky said:

I downloaded this as well and I'm really enjoying it. Didn't realise its the people behind the original The Golf Club game producing it.

On a course note, those greens at Thieves landing, WTF! :blink:

Edited by snoopy87