Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

18 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

@Legend_in_blue so I have beat the final boss but there is post game stuff to do. All I will say is it is well worth doing it all. I am almost ready to fully finish the game. The trophies are piling up now so I reckon a handful of hours will get platinum

I read you have to start a new game plus to get the true ending?

I'm at the underwater section about 15 hours in.  How many hours does it take?

Edited by Legend_in_blue

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I read you have to start a new game plus to get the true ending?

I'm at the underwater section about 15 hours in.  How many hours does it take?

Not quite. After beating the final boss you restart at the save point just before the boss and then the story continues. Which once you complete all the extra stuff you then go to beat the final boss again for the true ending.

I've done almost everything before going to the final boss again. Need to review the trophy list and see what I need to do.

I'm 33 hours in

Edited by kingcarr21
  • Like 1

Final Fantasy 16 complete……

rattled through the story mode and actually started enjoying it again by the end. I think the problem was that they just tried to add too much filler and it all got repetitive. 

Didn’t use half the Eikons. Found three I liked, didn’t even think of switching till near the end and then ended up going back to what I knew anyway as had got a good system going with them. 

final boss battle dragged on too long but visually stunning

7 hours ago, syston_fox said:

Final Fantasy 16 complete……

rattled through the story mode and actually started enjoying it again by the end. I think the problem was that they just tried to add too much filler and it all got repetitive. 

Didn’t use half the Eikons. Found three I liked, didn’t even think of switching till near the end and then ended up going back to what I knew anyway as had got a good system going with them. 

final boss battle dragged on too long but visually stunning

Pretty much how i found it. I stuck with Garuda, Ramuh and Bahamut all the way through. 

Garuda's best attack was just OP.

I was glad when it was all over but a solid enough game.

So ive decided to bite the bullet and go for the final trophy in Sea of Stars. Ive travelled away to Southampton for work for a couple of days for work and thought i might aswel take the PS5 with me and do it.

So i need to beat 10 bosses with the Artful Gambit relic on. You could do some in the original playthrough but i didnt bother. So ive started a New Game + and i have kept the relic on and im just skipping through dialogue and avoidable battles and (mostly) 1 shotting bosses. Ive checked online as to the point when the 10th boss should activate the trophy and ive already done the first 8 bosses in 3 hours. They say it takes approx 5 hours 45 mins but i doubt that. Im rattling through the game. So i should have the trophy by the end of today.

Its annoying that i am having to replay this game for 1 silly trophy but ive really enjoyed the game so i want the platinum so i will always remember it. This will be my 12th Platinum

I bought FF16 the other week after swearing that I wouldn’t. So I’ve got that to look forward to soon.

My fear is that it’s going to be too much like FF13 - emo, miserable. But maybe having low expectations for it will help.

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Sea of Stars platinum obtained. It took 5 hours 15 mins of a new game + to get the last trophy. Glad I managed to do it. Now to play Star Ocean 

To what area in the game is required to reach 10 bosses?  I will probably do it but need to clear it in time for Spiderman 2 otherwise it won't happen.  Just waved goodbye to Garl, poor chap.  

34 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

To what area in the game is required to reach 10 bosses?  I will probably do it but need to clear it in time for Spiderman 2 otherwise it won't happen.  Just waved goodbye to Garl, poor chap.  

Ok so if you have waved goodbye then you are past the point which the 10th boss is. It's on Mesa island against the leaf monster. You would have pushed leaves onto a pile of branches which turned into a monster. I believe you aren't too far after that point. 

Once you are highly levelled when you start the new game + you skip all dialogue (hold R1 + X to really speed it up) and don't bother collecting chests and avoid as many battles as possible so it's not the most tiresome trek. 

Some of the battles can be tricky because of the relic. I game overed 3 times getting the trophy but overall it wasn't too difficult. 

You can turn the relic on now of you want and try and beat some bosses now. It carries over into the new game + so if you beat for example 3 bosses in this play through you would then only need 7 from the new game +. So maybe try it out when you know a boss battle is about to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ok so if you have waved goodbye then you are past the point which the 10th boss is. It's on Mesa island against the leaf monster. You would have pushed leaves onto a pile of branches which turned into a monster. I believe you aren't too far after that point. 

Once you are highly levelled when you start the new game + you skip all dialogue (hold R1 + X to really speed it up) and don't bother collecting chests and avoid as many battles as possible so it's not the most tiresome trek. 

Some of the battles can be tricky because of the relic. I game overed 3 times getting the trophy but overall it wasn't too difficult. 

You can turn the relic on now of you want and try and beat some bosses now. It carries over into the new game + so if you beat for example 3 bosses in this play through you would then only need 7 from the new game +. So maybe try it out when you know a boss battle is about to happen.

What effect does it have turning it on?

I've just read up on it... 

You can do it by doing the first 5 bosses, copying the save to two slots, loading up the save on the 2nd slot as a NG+ and doing the same 5 bosses again.  Counts as 10 bosses.  Could be quicker overall.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

What effect does it have turning it on?

I've just read up on it... 

You can do it by doing the first 5 bosses, copying the save to two slots, loading up the save on the 2nd slot as a NG+ and doing the same 5 bosses again.  Counts as 10 bosses.  Could be quicker overall.

That would defo be quicker as the first 5 bosses you practically 1 shot. If you can avoid the dwellers (I fought 2) then you will be laughing

• Like 1

On 22/09/2023 at 18:29, kingcarr21 said:

@Legend_in_blue so I have beat the final boss but there is post game stuff to do. All I will say is it is well worth doing it all. I am almost ready to fully finish the game. The trophies are piling up now so I reckon a handful of hours will get platinum

So I'm now at the point where I can go to the Fleshmancer's lair and have the ability to fly everywhere.  I'm trying to pick off the errands/side quests before taking this boss on.  So far I've found a few locations for the best weapons/armour for the characters but not all.  I've just done all the fishing locations.  Which guide did you use to pick off the remaining trophies easily?  I'm around 23 trophies short.  I need to platinum this game before October 20th!

Edited by Legend_in_blue

31 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So I'm now at the point where I can go to the Fleshmancer's lair and have the ability to fly everywhere.  I'm trying to pick off the errands/side quests before taking this boss on.  So far I've found a few locations for the best weapons/armour for the characters but not all.  I've just done all the fishing locations.  Which guide did you use to pick off the remaining trophies easily?  I'm around 23 trophies short.  I need to platinum this game before October 20th!

Honestly if you do the side quests you will pick up the remaining trophies naturally. 

Then there are random trophies like defeating the sea slug and defeating the gun.

If you speak to Serai at a camp ( I spoke to her on the vespertine) she will unlock a story which leads to the gun.

Then you have Mirth and unlocking all the buildings and finding the people to run each. Going around finding the treasure chests, rainbow conches will help you find all these little side quests.

If you have 27 rainbow conches it unlocks the parrot. Which you can use on the world map to tell you where any missing items are. This is the game changer. A star appears next to the name of the location when everything is located.

Stillpond island (I think that's the name) you can ignore for now. That's one of the final places you go

I used a guide to find the gun and to get into the pelican. But honestly if you focus on finding all the treasures and conches you will trigger most of the story anyway

• Like 1

I've started playing Star Ocean Divine Force. At first I found the controls a little fiddly, especially in battle. But stepping away from the button bashing it's actually quite a thorough battle system. I'll need to take my time with this I think.

The exploration also felt hectic but I'm starting to get used to it. Story is picking up a little now. It hasn't gripped me yet but I will continue. 

• 3 weeks later...