Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 29/06/2024 at 14:06, whoareyaaa said:

Anyone played the new Top Spin ? will probably wait for it to hit games pass than fork out £65

Same boat as you - do enjoy tennis games but more to just pick up and play every now and then so £65 is just insane money for a game like that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Still Wakes The Deep, great game and it is excellent to hear a legitimate Scottish voice acted game (includes required colourful language) especially one this good.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Still Wakes The Deep, great game and it is excellent to hear a legitimate Scottish voice acted game (includes required colourful language) especially one this good.

How long to finish? 

On 09/07/2024 at 21:46, kingcarr21 said:

Just downloaded Monster Hunter Rise. Never played a monster hunter game but looks like something I can get into. Also blasting Metroid on the GBA on the switch just as a quick pick up and play

Gave up on Monster Hunter Rise within 15 minutes. I think the game is meant for people who are already familiar with the game. I quite simply did not know what i was doing and quickly realised i couldn't be bothered to learn it.

So i downloaded Animal Well, I had heard good things about it.

Its a really good puzzle game with a Metroid feel to it. Enjoying it as you aren't directed in which path to take so it takes a lot of thought when you pick up an item to retrace your steps and think where to use said item.

Finished Still Wakes The Deep, and its production levels blew my mind. UE5, sensational voice acting, nice and short (~4 hrs) and quite emotional.

Great to hear proper Scots voice acting and a 1970s backdrop.

Very good indeed :appl:

• Like 1

On 29/06/2024 at 14:06, whoareyaaa said:

Anyone played the new Top Spin ? will probably wait for it to hit games pass than fork out £65

I got the game since the early release and haven't stop playing it for months now. I'm playing with real tennis format in career so some matches might last 2h+, I had a Grand Slam semi final at nearly 4h which was exhausting. 

If you love tennis and if you're playing or played tennis irl you should get it imo. I don't play sports videogames online because of the meta and toxic players who sadly don't play for entertainment. 

Career mode has some balancing issues with the energy feature until you grind a bit, buy homes and hire/upgrade specific coaches. That said, you might be Top 10 and still not have access to Grand Slams which is stupid but unfortunately this is modern gaming now with greedy devs ruining everything like politicians. Licenced roster is also very limited, they'll add more players though. 

Overall, it's the best AAA tennis videogame since TS4. Your other options are either Tennis Elbow or Full Ace. Just stay away from the Big Ant games which have abysmal gameplay. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I got the game since the early release and haven't stop playing it for months now. I'm playing with real tennis format in career so some matches might last 2h+, I had a Grand Slam semi final at nearly 4h which was exhausting. 

If you love tennis and if you're playing or played tennis irl you should get it imo. I don't play sports videogames online because of the meta and toxic players who sadly don't play for entertainment. 

Career mode has some balancing issues with the energy feature until you grind a bit, buy homes and hire/upgrade specific coaches. That said, you might be Top 10 and still not have access to Grand Slams which is stupid but unfortunately this is modern gaming now with greedy devs ruining everything like politicians. Licenced roster is also very limited, they'll add more players though. 

Overall, it's the best AAA tennis videogame since TS4. Your other options are either Tennis Elbow or Full Ace. Just stay away from the Big Ant games which have abysmal gameplay. 

Respect for a four hours game.  Thought I was in the no life club for full distance races in iRacing but that might top it!

Glad to hear it's good though, loved Top Spin games on xbox and quite fancy a dabble at a new one.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Respect for a four hours game.  Thought I was in the no life club for full distance races in iRacing but that might top it!

Glad to hear it's good though, loved Top Spin games on xbox and quite fancy a dabble at a new one.

The issue is that the game doesn't have an option to save mid match. If you decide to take a break for around 10-15 minutes you risk losing right away your momentum and rhythm. Game isn't a full sim, it's more a simcade but most fundamentals of the sport are done right here imo. Psychology, momentum, rhythm and shot returns tactics play a major role. If you get frustrated and lose your patience during a match you're absolutely done especially in late rounds in Grand Slams. 

In fact after the 4h match I was completely drained and this is just a tennis videogame. Fair play to all these pros managing even 5h+ matches in real life. 

About to start playing through the Gears of War games

I never played 4 or 5 but I loved the first 3

Thought I might as well replay through them and finally play the other 2 after the new one was announced!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

About to start playing through the Gears of War games

I never played 4 or 5 but I loved the first 3

Thought I might as well replay through them and finally play the other 2 after the new one was announced!

Haven't played those in forever. Probably my favourite game series ever.

Finished Resident Evil 3 Remake. 5 hours to finish. Enjoyable but not bothered about doing any other playthoughs. So i have now decided to jump back into the Assassins Creed world and play Black Flag. Never played this one and ive heard arguments of it being the best AC. Loved Odyssey, Origins and Valhalla.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Finished Resident Evil 3 Remake. 5 hours to finish. Enjoyable but not bothered about doing any other playthoughs. So i have now decided to jump back into the Assassins Creed world and play Black Flag. Never played this one and ive heard arguments of it being the best AC. Loved Odyssey, Origins and Valhalla.

Black flag is great. Not as good on the eye as it was last gen when i played it but great story and great post game content as well. Enjoy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Rumoured to be undergoing a remaster. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Black Flag is decent.  Make sure you follow that up with Rogue afterwards as it continues the story well and the tie in with Unity is brilliant at the end.

• Like 1