Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Black Flag is the best in the series because it's the least like an Assassin's Creed game. When it plays like a big budget remake of Sid Meier's Pirates it's good, then it remembers its Assassin's Creed obligations and has you climb towers to paint the map with pointless collectibles/tail some **** at a slow walking pace for five minutes/traipse around a sterile lab environment in the modern day sections etc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Guest said:

Black Flag is the best in the series because it's the least like an Assassin's Creed game. When it plays like a big budget remake of Sid Meier's Pirates it's good, then it remembers its Assassin's Creed obligations and has you climb towers to paint the map with pointless collectibles/tail some **** at a slow walking pace for five minutes/traipse around a sterile lab environment in the modern day sections etc.

Just saying, Sid Meier's Pirates is on Steam and doesn't make you do any of that.

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just saying, Sid Meier's Pirates is on Steam and doesn't make you do any of that.

And I love it to bits but it does make you do some other quite strange things and, unsurprisingly for a game that's nearing its 20th birthday, has not aged all that well in a few respects. But yes, if you want a pirate game that doesn't suffer from also being a Ubisoft game and are happy to do a bit of fiddling to get it working properly on a modern system, you'd struggle to do much better than good old Sid.

On 14/07/2024 at 18:43, moore_94 said:

About to start playing through the Gears of War games

I never played 4 or 5 but I loved the first 3

Thought I might as well replay through them and finally play the other 2 after the new one was announced!

First game finished last night, completely forgot some parts of it!

Probably start the second one tonight

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

In my youth I LOVED fighting games. I used to run tournaments for Street Fighter 3. This year there was a huge retro tournament for the game in Las Vegas and this happened:

An incredible moment from an incredible game!

I refuse to believe there is any skill in these games, all players button mash and winners are purely random :D

Unless it'ts Tekken 3 and you have Ediie Gordo, in which you'll just win regardless.

• Haha 1

Really enjoyed midnight suns so went looking for a deck builder game  and stumbled into inscryption… it’s free on ps plus.

What an absolute masterpiece. 

It’s part card game, part escape room and just an absolutely wild ride. 

Edited by Lambert09

With moving I don't have internet set up yet, so before I moved I downloaded a few games that I knew I could play offline.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (played before, but never finished).

Metal Gear Solid V

Uncharted 4

Picked up F1 Manager 24 to play whilst I am watching the Olympics of an evening. So far I have McLaren 2nd in the constructors, but them Red Bulls are just rockets. Won 2 races but they were both rain effected. In the dry I stand no chance. 

It's not realistic in any way. As an example I finished 5th 20 seconds behind 4th and 6th 30 seconds behind 5th in Spain. It's been a while since I have seen a race where everyone up to 5th had been lapped. 

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

AC Mirage is the best looking game in the series.  Gameplay wise, it's up there with the best.  I'd have it in my top 5 presently.  We'll see how it turns out once the platinum is done.

I almost brought this yesterday but went for Prince of Persia instead. Let me know your final thoughts please. Im in the middle of Black Flag and its giving me the urge to blast some more AC games 

• Like 1

Recently brought Mario RPG on the Switch, never played the original and i love an RPG so figured it would be worth buying.

Was way too easy and only took me 10 hours to finish the main story. Very little meaningful stuff to do post credits so kind of a let down overall.

I'm not much of a gamer but bought Thank Goodness You're Here on release yesterday after reading a review. It's fantastic. I don't think I've ever played game that's made me laugh so much. Maybe not one for serious gamers but if you like very silly humour you'll love it.

12 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Recently brought Mario RPG on the Switch, never played the original and i love an RPG so figured it would be worth buying.

Was way too easy and only took me 10 hours to finish the main story. Very little meaningful stuff to do post credits so kind of a let down overall.

I loved the original, but even that was very easy.

On 21/07/2024 at 05:29, StriderHiryu said:

In my youth I LOVED fighting games. I used to run tournaments for Street Fighter 3. This year there was a huge retro tournament for the game in Las Vegas and this happened:

An incredible moment from an incredible game!

Reminds me of:

On 02/08/2024 at 13:16, izzymuzzet said:

I'm not much of a gamer but bought Thank Goodness You're Here on release yesterday after reading a review. It's fantastic. I don't think I've ever played game that's made me laugh so much. Maybe not one for serious gamers but if you like very silly humour you'll love it.

Hadn’t heard of this, thanks for the recommendation. What am I playing 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

On 02/08/2024 at 13:16, izzymuzzet said:

Saw a couple of clips of this game last night, probably going to pick it up sometime this week

• Like 1

Got on the Delta Force Hawk Ops alpha.

It's pretty much a hybrid of peak era COD meets peak era Battlefield. 

Little bit hard to tell exactly at the moment because there's a lot of bots in the alpha but it's very stable and very polished for a very early test build. Really well optimised, looks decent, not too much jank. 

Gun play is decent. 

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Got on the Delta Force Hawk Ops alpha.

It's pretty much a hybrid of peak era COD meets peak era Battlefield. 

Little bit hard to tell exactly at the moment because there's a lot of bots in the alpha but it's very stable and very polished for a very early test build. Really well optimised, looks decent, not too much jank. 

Gun play is decent. 

I just had a go on this myself. i agree with you on most parts but honestly, if i want to play COD i would rather play warzone, and if i want to play the tarkov mode, ill just play tarkov. it doesnt really have anything unique. but the menus and looting are very snappy which is a plus

15 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I just had a go on this myself. i agree with you on most parts but honestly, if i want to play COD i would rather play warzone, and if i want to play the tarkov mode, ill just play tarkov. it doesnt really have anything unique. but the menus and looting are very snappy which is a plus

Oh tbf, I'm only playing Havoc I think it's called. The battlefield mode. 

I got zero interest in extraction shooters. 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2024 at 09:05, kingcarr21 said:

I almost brought this yesterday but went for Prince of Persia instead. Let me know your final thoughts please. Im in the middle of Black Flag and its giving me the urge to blast some more AC games 

Final thoughts at some point next week.  I'm roughly 22 hours, about 2/3s through Mirage now.  It's still in my top 5 of all AC games.  Reminds me a lot of that original trailer (see below) and subsequent first game with all the refinements which were needed then, made now.  

• Like 1