Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Missing Plane

Maybe the plane ditched into the sea in one piece, a sort of controlled landing on water, and has sank in one piece. A bit like the Airport 77 film. Doesn't explain the lack of communication though. Very mysterious.

If if came down that softly then you'd imagine people would be able to get out and there would be life rafts etc about.

i hope they are safe god should at least show mercy for the toddlers on plane but i do have a suggestion how about sending a search and rescue plane in the same route as boeing 777 from the KL airport in that way they could at least find some clues putting themselves in the shoes of the plane might help so they can better understand what happened to the plane

I'm assuming following the flightplan route is something that has been done already.

It also stands to reason that anything that happened quickly enough for the crew not to be able to send a Mayday call would mean the plane would go down somewhere along or near that route, as a problem that left the aircraft airborne long enough to go anywhere would also be long enough to call for help.

Which means the not finding anything is still more odd. As I said before, no explanation seems to fit the facts we have at the moment.

It does appear a bit "fishy" when you can't find debris of a "lost" airplane in an area where the average water depth is in between 90 to 100 meters.

I'd go with the hijacking theory - I just wonder how they were able to disappear from the radar and where they could've landed (the radius is pretty limited).

They were only about 600 to 700 kilometers into the flight to Beijing. A Boeing 777-200ER has a range of up to 17'000 kilometers… Now go figure.

Edited by MC Prussian

Yes, but where exactly are you going to land a 777 and remain undetected?? You would need an 8000ft runway for a 777-200. There aren't that many private runways that big in remote locations, surely.

Edit: AND where you could hide it from ariel view.

Edited by Monk

Yes, but where exactly are you going to land a 777 and remain undetected?? You would need an 8000ft runway for a 777-200. There aren't that many private runways that big in remote locations, surely.

Or else it must've crashed somewhere completely else - the potential crash site could be literally anywhere in the Pacific.

I agree that landing such a large airplane undetected is a daring task.

Interpol has confirmed the two passengers using stolen passports are of Iranian decent.

I'd guess at them trying to migrate to somewhere in Europe- it's a popular route for illegal immigrants...and they HAD booked tickets onto amastadam.... but it's possible they were terrorist... just seem a bit young.

I'd guess at them trying to migrate to somewhere in Europe- it's a popular route for illegal immigrants...and they HAD booked tickets onto amastadam.... but it's possible they were terrorist... just seem a bit young.

Yep that's more or less been confirmed now, reading on the Guardian - they were going to seek asylum in Germany, confirmed by the guy who took them to the airport who was a friend.

Or else it must've crashed somewhere completely else - the potential crash site could be literally anywhere in the Pacific.

I agree that landing such a large airplane undetected is a daring task.

If that was true, why was there no Mayday call, and why did the plane disappear from active radar?

A very, very quick hijacking which gave the crew no time to respond would explain the first question but not the second.

North Korea?

North Korea?

Why would they do that? They are nutters but:

1- they don't want to leave their own country

2- they already have a state airline (air koryo)

3 - the flight was full of chinese citizens - china is their closest ally

4 - there's the small issue of getting the plane to NK undetected which would involve flying over disputed airspace which is under huge surveillance from the US navy.