Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Missing Plane

if it had crashed, would mobile phone devices switch off? Reading about relatives ringing the people on board and it had a dial tone then went to voicemail. which means the phone is still on? Although i'm no expert. how could a phone survive such a big accident?

Secondly, the 20 ''electrical geeks'' on board from an American company were working on a project in relation to radar use for the American Army, working on some kind of invisibility cloak thing for planes and missiles to escape radars - now that is fishy, if true.

"After a turbulent wartime history that culminated in the bloody Battle of Midway, the larger of the two bases (Henderson Field on Sand Island) remains in use today as a public airport subsidized by Boeing."

:ph34r:

Coincidentally, the runway on Sand Island is 7'800 feet long.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

I think, realistically the most probable options are: 

1 - intentional ditching by the pilots or hijackers. If the plane entered the water at high speed and vertical, perhaps there would be little debris.

2 - accidentally / deliberately destroyed by military 

But I am of course speculating and happy to be called out if I'm totally wrong

Why would they do that? They are nutters but:

1- they don't want to leave their own country

2- they already have a state airline (air koryo)

3 - the flight was full of chinese citizens - china is their closest ally

4 - there's the small issue of getting the plane to NK undetected which would involve flying over disputed airspace which is under huge surveillance from the US navy.

Yeah i dont really beleive that! But anythings possible in reality! We really don't know whats happened right now but i think its underwater somewhere!

if it had crashed, would mobile phone devices switch off? Reading about relatives ringing the people on board and it had a dial tone then went to voicemail. which means the phone is still on? Although i'm no expert. how could a phone survive such a big accident?

Secondly, the 20 ''electrical geeks'' on board from an American company were working on a project in relation to radar use for the American Army, working on some kind of invisibility cloak thing for planes and missiles to escape radars - now that is fishy, if true.

That's strictly Baader-Meinhof territory, but if this was an elaborate hit/defection it has been done very well indeed.

I think, realistically the most probable options are: 

1 - intentional ditching by the pilots or hijackers. If the plane entered the water at high speed and vertical, perhaps there would be little debris.

2 - accidentally / deliberately destroyed by military 

But I am of course speculating and happy to be called out if I'm totally wrong

These are the most probable options, 1 more so than 2.

Both of them still leave some questions, however. Judging where the plane was when it disappeared from radar, debris and the body of the plane itself shouldn't be that difficult to find. Which suggests that it's not where we think it is. But that can't be right because the crew would say something to ATC if they were going off course or had a problem. And so on.

Both of them still leave some questions, however. Judging where the plane was when it disappeared from radar, debris and the body of the plane itself shouldn't be that difficult to find. Which suggests that it's not where we think it is. But that can't be right because the crew would say something to ATC if they were going off course or had a problem. And so on.

It took 4 weeks to locate the wreckage of the AirFrance plane that crashed in the sea even after floating wreckage was found and even that took some time before it surfaced.

It took 4 weeks to locate the wreckage of the AirFrance plane that crashed in the sea even after floating wreckage was found and even that took some time before it surfaced.

Yeah, but the Air France flight crashed into the Atlantic, in a region with average depths of 3,800 to 4,000 meters or 12'500 to 13'000 feet.

No comparison to the "shallow" 90 to 100 meters depth south of Vietnam.

Edited by MC Prussian

Yeah, but the Air France flight crashed into the Atlantic, in a region with average depths of 3,800 to 4,000 meters or 12'500 to 13'000 feet.

No comparison to the "shallow" 90 to 100 meters depth south of Vietnam.

Good point, I hadn't realised that.

Good point, I hadn't realised that.

True, plus AF447 went down a fair few hundred miles off a remote coast of Brazil, whereas this one went missing only a few tens of miles off several busy coastlines.

As it happens, it took over 2 years to find the bulk of the wreckage of AF447 (including the all-important flight recorder), purely because of the depth of the ocean involved. That's why the investigation took so long.

From the guardian, all a bit strange really. If it was still at cruising alt more than an hour after it disappeared then I suppose that would point to a hijack, or perhaps cabin depressurisation and pass out of the crew:

Malaysian authorities have previously said flight MH370 disappeared about an hour after it took off from Kuala Lumpur for the Chinese capital Beijing.

At the time it was roughly midway between Malaysia’s east coast town of Kota Bharu and the southern tip of Vietnam, flying at 35,000 ft.

“It changed course after Kota Bharu and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait,†the military official, who has been briefed on investigations, told Reuters.

The Strait of Malacca, one of the world’s busiest shipping channels, runs along Malaysia’s west coast.

Earlier on Tuesday, Malaysia’s Berita Harian newspaper quoted air force chief Rodzali Daud as saying the Malaysia Airlines plane was last detected by military radar at 2:40 a.m. on Saturday, near the island of Pulau Perak at the northern end of the Strait of Malacca. It was flying at a height of about 9,000 metres (29,500 ft), he was quoted as saying.

A non-military source familiar with the investigations said the report was being checked.

“This report is being investigated by the DCA (Department of Civil Aviation) and the search and rescue team,†the source said. “There are a lot of such reports.â€

The time given by Rodzali was an hour and 10 minutes after the plane vanished from air traffic control screens over Igari waypoint, midway between Malaysia and Vietnam. 
There was no word on what happened to the plane thereafter. 
If the reports from the military are verified, it would mean the plane was able to maintain a cruising altitude and flew for about 500 km (350 miles) with its transponder and other tracking systems apparently switched off.

Malaysia has extended the massive search operation for the plane to the Malacca Strait after initially focusing on the South China Sea.

Edited by Monk

This gets weirder

on the plane were 20 employees of "Freescale Semiconductors" an American compnay who have links to the military and were meant to be working on "electronic warfare" i.e. cloaking, etc

http://media.freescale.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=196520&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1907348&highlight=

a test ?

someone wanted what they knew ?

they had somethig on them and got "hijacked" were forced to turn the technology "on" and now are enroute somewehere else ?

Also why are some of the passengers phones still ringing ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578020/Why-cellphones-missing-Malaysian-Airlines-passengers-ringing-Family-members-claim-loved-ones-smartphones-active.html

^^Also look at the picture of the 2 suspected passport fakes, they have the same legs ?? 

there is still no trace of this flight

the oilslick was a BOATS oil and the supposed dingy was not the planes

Edited by Socks

cabin depressurisation and hypoxia of the crew/passengers is a possibility I suppose (as per Helios flight crashed in Greece a few years back), but it wouldn't account for the lack of radar coverage. Presumably the flight would continue along it's planned path until fuel exhaustion in this scenario.

Hijacking/bombing would usually be accompanied by a claim of responsibility or demands to be met

My guess (and it is only a guess) is the pilot suicide theory. Turns off transponder and diverts before crashing the plane. It is staggering that no wreckage has been found after four days!

cabin depressurisation and hypoxia of the crew/passengers is a possibility I suppose (as per Helios flight crashed in Greece a few years back), but it wouldn't account for the lack of radar coverage. Presumably the flight would continue along it's planned path until fuel exhaustion in this scenario.

Hijacking/bombing would usually be accompanied by a claim of responsibility or demands to be met

My guess (and it is only a guess) is the pilot suicide theory. Turns off transponder and diverts before crashing the plane. It is staggering that no wreckage has been found after four days!

But do we have any evidence that the pilot wanted to commit suicide? Has there been anything to suggest that he was depressed or struggling?

Yes they're all going to turn up on April 1st and say FOOLED YA! Just used some super top secret cloaking technology to make the plane disappear for a while and everyone is OK.

Only in hollywood.

This gets weirder

on the plane were 20 employees of "Freescale Semiconductors" an American compnay who have links to the military and were meant to be working on "electronic warfare" i.e. cloaking, etc

http://media.freescale.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=196520&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1907348&highlight=

a test ?

someone wanted what they knew ?

they had somethig on them and got "hijacked" were forced to turn the technology "on" and now are enroute somewehere else ?

Also why are some of the passengers phones still ringing ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578020/Why-cellphones-missing-Malaysian-Airlines-passengers-ringing-Family-members-claim-loved-ones-smartphones-active.html

^^Also look at the picture of the 2 suspected passport fakes, they have the same legs ?? 

there is still no trace of this flight

the oilslick was a BOATS oil and the supposed dingy was not the planes

:o

I DIdnt realize Nokia sold phones in the area....

Edited by MPH