Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Missing Plane

That isn't correct. A commercial flight has to have enough fuel to get to it's destination, then for 45 minutes at normal cruising speed, then to the furthest alternative airport.

Planes are often held in a holding pattern when arriving at a busy airport so they have to have enough fuel to do that and if that isn't enough, they need enough fuel to land elsewhere.

I know they have some extra but I was saying that to dispel theories about landing in Midway or somewhere.

I know they have some extra but I was saying that to dispel theories about landing in Midway or somewhere.

That's true enough but Beijing is 2700 miles so he could have flown to many countries although it saddens me to say that, I think the plane went down.

That's true enough but Beijing is 2700 miles so he could have flown to many countries although it saddens me to say that, I think the plane went down.

It definitely went down but I think it perhaps went further than where they're looking.

It definitely went down but I think it perhaps went further than where they're looking.

I want to say "don't you think you've thought of that?" as it sounds like armchair nonsense but the whole investigation seems to have been a mess.

They should get Jonathan Creek on it.

I want to say "don't you think you've thought of that?" as it sounds like armchair nonsense but the whole investigation seems to have been a mess.

They should get Jonathan Creek on it.

It has been a mess, but it does seem that they're limiting themselves to certain areas.

Sums it up for me

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/media-conspiracy-theorists-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370?utm_source=vicefbuk

The irony is that, buried in this avalanche of speculation, there are some really interesting stories that have been largely ignored. How is it, for example, that for all the supposed increases in airline security in the wake of 9/11, checks at airports are so bad that people with stolen passports can apparently travel at will? And why is it that in an era of high speed 4G broadband, when 40-year-old technology can transmit data back from beyond the edge of the solar system, we still have to send ships and divers to retrieve data from a plane, rather than simply transmitting it in real time?

To me, these questions – and others – are far more interesting than invisible Muslim militant groups or government laser beams.

I think someone accidently shot it down. The plane lost communications so turned back, countries tried to contact them but couldnt, saw it as a threat and made the call. Obviously got it wrong, so their search so far has been useless cus everyone will be mad.

Edited by lgfualol

Seems like this plane was hijacked now according to reports. Communication systems purposely turned off, plane turned around and flown back over Malaysia out to the Indian Ocean. Pilots homes are being searched now by police. 

Pilot suicide, Somali pirates, terrorists, James Bond-type baddy up to no good??? 

Seems like this plane was hijacked now according to reports. Communication systems purposely turned off, plane turned around and flown back over Malaysia out to the Indian Ocean. Pilots homes are being searched now by police

I was just reading about this too. Hopefully its a good thing in the sense that surely this increases the chances of the passengers having survived?

I was just reading about this too. Hopefully its a good thing in the sense that surely this increases the chances of the passengers having survived?

There'd have to be an airport someplace in distance of the fuel on board available and ready to collude.

If there are 150+ Chinese lads sipping cocktails in the Maldives I'll be very surprised.

Edited by sphericalfox

So they have discovered that the transponder was deliberately switched off and so was another device that allows the onboard computer system to talk to computers on the ground. The flight was last 'pinged' by a satellite 7 hours after its last voice communication and after it dissapeared. Shortly before it disappeared the plane deliberately was taken off course.

All very intriguing....

So they have discovered that the transponder was deliberately switched off and so was another device that allows the onboard computer system to talk to computers on the ground. The flight was last 'pinged' by a satellite 7 hours after its last voice communication and after it dissapeared. Shortly before it disappeared the plane deliberately was taken off course.

All very intriguing....

Those systems can't be disabled from the cockpit either apparently. You have to go into an equipment bay within the aircraft to pull the plug. Would involve detailed knowledge of a 777 in the first place. 

If a pilot had some sort of life insurance policy on him, would they pay out to his family if the plane couldn't be found? Ditching it in middle of the Indian ocean leaving the searchers little or no clue as to where.

Those systems can't be disabled from the cockpit either apparently. You have to go into an equipment bay within the aircraft to pull the plug. Would involve detailed knowledge of a 777 in the first place. 

If a pilot had some sort of life insurance policy on him, would they pay out to his family if the plane couldn't be found? Ditching it in middle of the Indian ocean leaving the searchers little or no clue as to where.

The pilots home is the first thing they searched after releasing this information. But that would be natural, of course.

If it was him ( not saying it was) I'd imagine him to if left some sort of message on his computer or something.

But either way, seven hours flying at approximately 350mph means the plane could be anywhere. It's kind of like looking for a fart nugget in a large swimming pool...

That is a fascinating twist and opens up all sorts of possibilities. Seven hours extra flying is the right kind of time to get to the Iraq area and also North Korea. Some kind of pilot suicide seems most likely to me but you can't rule out terror or that the plane landed somewhere safely and the passengers are still alive.

When Google maps update their satellite images you're going to get thousands of people searching for the plane (if it's not found before) May be this is the way to find it? 

Here's evidence of other crashed planes found.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202977755949863934429.0004d8612def5d3e05001&dg=feature

Not easy, but in somewhere like Pakistan for example all you'd need is a big runway, hangar and a complicit local population. It's not impossible.

True.

I just have visions of a mad drunk pilot smoking a huge Cuban cigar nonchalantly looking at the blinking fuel gage and laughing and also ignoring the banging on the cockpit door...