Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

Mario Kart 8

Watched the trailer last night and this may very well be a good reason for me to get a Wii U. I think it will be the best out of all the modern day Mario Karts. The only kart racer that has been a Mario Kart beater is Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed,which is better than Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7.  Played Transformed when it was free on Steam for two days back in December and will pick it up for the 360 or my laptop. But, MK8 looks absolutely  amazing, the graphics look great, level design is brilliant. So I may very well get a Wii U for my Birthday just because, of this game.

Watched the trailer last night and this may very well be a good reason for me to get a Wii U. I think it will be the best out of all the modern day Mario Karts. The only kart racer that has been a Mario Kart beater is Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed,which is better than Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7.  Played Transformed when it was free on Steam for two days back in December and will pick it up for the 360 or my laptop. But, MK8 looks absolutely  amazing, the graphics look great, level design is brilliant. So I may very well get a Wii U for my Birthday just because, of this game.

Looks good fun, I loved MK Wii - but c'mon, for 2014 the graphics look awful.

Aren't the PS4 and Xbox One now 'current gen'.

I'd say Wii U, 360, PS3 are 'last gen' now.

Wii U is the same generation as PS4 and Xbox One. 

It's defined by order of release not graphical capability.  

And while it undoubtedly has less hardware power it's got a handful 5-6 Exclusive quality titles available for it (so more than the other two put together at this moment in time) 

Only problems with it is the above mentioned graphical failings and the third party support that was promised looks to be fading away all ready so it wont be long until it's over taken by the other two console's, But at the moment it's much better value than the other two.

dont look bad, 

wont get a Wii U ever tbf....not worth it for the handful of decent titles that it gets.

Only problems with it is the above mentioned graphical failings and the third party support that was promised looks to be fading away all ready so it wont be long until it's over taken by the other two console's, But at the moment it's much better value than the other two.

the PS4 & Xbox 1 already over took the Wii U in sales(lifetime)....both did it in less/around about a week of release.

kinda shows what a "meh" of a console Nintendo have released there.

dont look bad, 

wont get a Wii U ever tbf....not worth it for the handful of decent titles that it gets.

the PS4 & Xbox 1 already over took the Wii U in sales(lifetime)....both did it in less/around about a week of release.

Sorry, but the sales stuff you just said is a load of tosh.  The PS4 has just managed to overtake the Wii Us lifetime sales (took 4 months to do so) and the Xbox One is still no where near the Wii U sales as of yet.

How is that awful graphics....? The artstyle and colouring fits the game perfectly and it runs super smooth. I really don't understand today's standards....

The WiiU is definately not for the Fifa and shooter crowd, but it still offers some unique experiences, you won't get anywhere else and Nintendo's 1st party products are still of quite a high quality, if you are into the Nintendo franchises. The marketing sucks though, so the casuals are confused by it and the gamers will only have it as a second option for Nintendo games and in these times not a lot of people can afford two consoles, so at the moment is looks really bleak for the WiiU.

Mario Kart 8 looks awesome though and I personally can't wait to race against my friends come the end of May. 

Where's Phube when you need him? lol

Seriously, you think that is good graphics? You'd pick something better off PSN for a fiver.

Nintendo have done themselves with this console, they found a gimmick which worked with the last machine, but this tablet controller has been a disaster as far as gimmicks go.

I don't get the machine. To say this is a better option than either of the proper current gen consoles is also madness. What potential does it have over either of these two? Seriously?

I'm not sure where it fits. It's certainly not for gamers and it's not alluring enough gimmick wise for casuals, so what is it's target base?

dont look bad, 

Not at all, Sales are no indication of quality what so ever. Other wise Titanic would be one of the best films ever  released and the Crazy Frogs rendition of Axel F would be a better song than Wonderwall.

Where's Phube when you need him? lol

Seriously, you think that is good graphics? You'd pick something better off PSN for a fiver.

Nintendo have done themselves with this console, they found a gimmick which worked with the last machine, but this tablet controller has been a disaster as far as gimmicks go.

I don't get the machine. To say this is a better option than either of the proper current gen consoles is also madness. What potential does it have over either of these two? Seriously?

I'm not sure where it fits. It's certainly not for gamers and it's not alluring enough gimmick wise for casuals, so what is it's target base?

Potentially, it will get done by both consoles in the long run.

Right now, it has a better library than both and it'll take at least nine months for either one to catch up. 

In that case you do the smart thing and save your 250 for nine months and then stump up another 100.

I'd rather have quality over quantity to choose from. WiiU isn't even a supporting platform for AC Unity. There's no confidence in the platform at all from devs.

They don't cost £250 quid. You can get a Premium one with a game for 220. But i am doing the smart thing,  I'm getting a PS3 for £80 which has 18 quality titles I've never played all under a tenner each I don't think I'll be buying any new console any time soon, but I digress.

The sales have been predictably wank which is why it's third party support is predictably vanishing. but that was never going to be anything to do with the quality of the software on offer, it's very much suffering from Dreamcast syndrome, and it will more than likely end up like the Dreamcast.

It still doesn't change the fact it's got a the best set of games, and if your quantity of quantity argument is very odd, that's exactly what the Wii U offers at the moment. I'd sooner buy one at the minute than either than either a PS4 or a One.

They don't cost £250 quid. You can get a Premium one with a game for 220. But i am doing the smart thing,  I'm getting a PS3 for £80 which has 18 quality titles I've never played all under a tenner each I don't think I'll be buying any new console any time soon, but I digress.

The sales have been predictably wank which is why it's third party support is predictably vanishing. but that was never going to be anything to do with the quality of the software on offer, it's very much suffering from Dreamcast syndrome, and it will more than likely end up like the Dreamcast.

It still doesn't change the fact it's got a the best set of games, and if your quantity of quantity argument is very odd, that's exactly what the Wii U offers at the moment. I'd sooner buy one at the minute than either than either a PS4 or a One.

All right, who are you and what have you done with Manwell? :P

All right, who are you and what have you done with Manwell? :P

lol

I told you on release it was the next Dreamcast about 5 days before it's release. If they weren't so woefully behind hardware wise they might stand a chance in the long run.

Personally graphics arent my priority its game play. Some of the best games ive ever played were on a Nintendo console.

Zelda link to the past

Goldeneye

Blast Corps

Perfect Dark

Ocarina of Time

Majoras Mask

Twilight Princess

Lylat Wars

Skyward Sword

Every Mario Kart

Smash Brothers

And thats just to name a few (As you can see i like a good Zelda game :thumbup: )

I brought a WiiU on release day and do like it but must admit i havent played it much. i mainly brought it for my daughter and cant wait to introduce her to some of these classics.

Now this argumant on 'graphics' on Mario Kart it really depends on what you look for. If it is graphics to make the game look 'real life' then this simply wouldnt work with a game like mario kart. It would just look plain weird. Graphically i think its spot on but im really not fussed aslong as the enjoyment is still there. Nintendo have never gone for the 'real life' look.

Im hoping that the next major Zelda game will show off the graphic capabilities of the WiiU.

I get the impression that legend_in_blue is one of these gamers who looks at graphics before anything else, Which is fair enough as games like the last of us/uncharted etc are incredible, but dont be discouraged with what the WiiU potentially has to offer. Cause i wouldn't be surprised if some of the future titles to come out on the WiiU would persuade anyone to buy the console just for 1 specific game.

I cant wait for Mario Kart 8 as i know me and the kids will have a blast on it.

I also had a dreamcast and it was a decent console. Shenmue and Sonic Adventure were brilliant games. it was a shame it never competed cause i know so many people who have never even heard of Shenmue and that game was arguably the best game out at the time.

Archived