Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Leicester can use South Korea enforcer to provide midfield metal Han Kook-Young can fill a position of need for the newly promoted side

Han-Kook-Young-26-6-14.jpg

As Nigel Pearson scrawled his signature across a three-year contract extension at Leicester City, he could be forgiven for secretly thinking that, if he doesn’t act this summer, he may not get that long at the helm.

Now a Premier League boss having won the Championship with the Foxes, Pearson would be foolish not to pay any attention to the fate of promoted managers that have gone before him.

Such is the desperation to stay in the top-flight, a bad start to the season could see Leicester hit the ejector button on the manager’s seat, just like Crystal Palace and Cardiff did last term.

In order to avoid a skyward trip, Pearson must add to his squad this off-season, with central midfield an area in need of urgent attention having used just two players there for the majority of the Championship campaign.

Luckily for the 50-year-old, there’s a massive international tournament taking place that highlights the skills of players teams like Leicester may not have previously been aware of.

Also fortunate for the former defender is the fact that when South Korea face Belgium in the final action of Group H, a steely centre-circle dweller of the type Pearson requires will be on display.

Han Kook-Young is not a player that demands attention on the pitch, but is a vital cog in the South Korea wheel, performing the kind of role that every team needs but rarely pays scrutiny to.

Playing alongside Swansea’s Ki Seung-Yeung, a player who’s adapted well to Premier League life himself, Han harasses, tackles and intercepts opponents to allow his playing partner the license to roam forward.

The 24-year-old, who can be backed at 25/1 to be Whoscored.com’s highest rated player against Belgium, has performed those duties well for his nation at this World Cup, despite the side’s deflating showing so far.

The Kashiwa Reysol player has registered six tackles, two interceptions and five clearances in his two outings.

I don't understand that article! Are they just suggesting a player to Nigel!

I doubt that this has slowed down or stalled transfers at all, it seems that Pearson had given his transfer targets, and those out of contract are already signed.

The only thing it might help is that any player in talks now (Campbell) will know who they will be managed by at the start of the season.

Leicester can use South Korea enforcer to provide midfield metal Han Kook-Young can fill a position of need for the newly promoted side

Han-Kook-Young-26-6-14.jpg

As Nigel Pearson scrawled his signature across a three-year contract extension at Leicester City, he could be forgiven for secretly thinking that, if he doesn’t act this summer, he may not get that long at the helm.

Now a Premier League boss having won the Championship with the Foxes, Pearson would be foolish not to pay any attention to the fate of promoted managers that have gone before him.

Such is the desperation to stay in the top-flight, a bad start to the season could see Leicester hit the ejector button on the manager’s seat, just like Crystal Palace and Cardiff did last term.

In order to avoid a skyward trip, Pearson must add to his squad this off-season, with central midfield an area in need of urgent attention having used just two players there for the majority of the Championship campaign.

Luckily for the 50-year-old, there’s a massive international tournament taking place that highlights the skills of players teams like Leicester may not have previously been aware of.

Also fortunate for the former defender is the fact that when South Korea face Belgium in the final action of Group H, a steely centre-circle dweller of the type Pearson requires will be on display.

Han Kook-Young is not a player that demands attention on the pitch, but is a vital cog in the South Korea wheel, performing the kind of role that every team needs but rarely pays scrutiny to.

Playing alongside Swansea’s Ki Seung-Yeung, a player who’s adapted well to Premier League life himself, Han harasses, tackles and intercepts opponents to allow his playing partner the license to roam forward.

The 24-year-old, who can be backed at 25/1 to be Whoscored.com’s highest rated player against Belgium, has performed those duties well for his nation at this World Cup, despite the side’s deflating showing so far.

The Kashiwa Reysol player has registered six tackles, two interceptions and five clearances in his two outings.

Whispy - I agree with you. It is always nice to know there is a long term plan in place, shows the ambitions of the club.

DavieG - Thanks for sharing this, think he would be a good addition if it is at all feasible; however, as others have said don't necessarily see what the article is suggesting. I also noticed somewhere (don't know how reliable this is) but that E. Valencia is also someone we have been linked with from the World Cup, and I have to say he has all the skills that I think might be suited for the Premiership. As I said, though, don't know how likely that is just read we were one of a number of clubs who have been linked.

I want to see us make a state of intent, and buy a striker for a decent amount. We've heard about Ulloa, Pelle & Movsisyan the latest names linked.

But I would seriously take a look at Vedad Ibisevic, a good strong striker, who knows where the net is, Stuttgart weren't up to much in the Bundesliga last season and could of easily got relegated, if it wasn't for his & Harnik's ten goals each.

Bundesliga is a good league to buy players from.

I want to see us make a state of intent, and buy a striker for a decent amount. We've heard about Ulloa, Pelle & Movsisyan the latest names linked.

But I would seriously take a look at Vedad Ibisevic, a good strong striker, who knows where the net is, Stuttgart weren't up to much in the Bundesliga last season and could of easily got relegated, if it wasn't for his & Harnik's ten goals each.

I think we will do. I can see us signing 3 more key players up front, defensive midfield and a centre half. I think we could break our transfer record on all 3.

Craig Dawson has a good goalscoring record for a centre half. I'd like to see him here if Albion were to accept his transfer request. He isn't going to get infront of the players they have, especially Lescott. Dawson is left sided as well.

Don't know if it was on here or elsewhere, but I have said this exact same thing.

I know we have a good network in France but Germany is a country with lots of good players and it is a strong physical league too, so they'd fit the bill.

Don't know if it was on here or elsewhere, but I have said this exact same thing.

I know we have a good network in France but Germany is a country with lots of good players and it is a strong physical league too, so they'd fit the bill.

Whilst I agree with your statement, what seems to be overlooked is the fact we are not the only club with strong scouting networks across Europe - I would have though every Premier club has strong scouting networks and all the potential signings are familiar with most scouts.

Whilst I agree with your statement, what seems to be overlooked is the fact we are not the only club with strong scouting networks across Europe - I would have though every Premier club has strong scouting networks and all the potential signings are familiar with most scouts.

I have no doubt this is the case.

I'd assume the things that divides potential targets is manger preference / style, club owner / board and clubs financial state.

One managers superstar is another's Sunday league hoofer!

Oh I agree again, we can't be the only club with a strong network in Europe but it does seem to be the case we favour the French leagues to date.

Would just be nice to see us cast the net wider but I know we must be.

Whoever we end up with, they have to pass the 'Nige' test and for that, I'm sure they'll fit in nicely. No big time Charlie's anymore.

Aren't most leagues good to sign players from though? You can name good signings bought from almost all leagues.

Germany isn't a great league to buy players in, the clubs are largely financially more secure than - say - Italy or Spain.

We seem to be doing well with France!

Wookie - Yes, but I just think their tempo of play as a general rule of thumb might find someone better suited to us than some other leagues.

Finnegan - Oh don't get me wrong, again, delighted with our acquisitions from France but I have long been a fan of German players. Can you imagine a solid German midfielder, who has played in the Bundersliga recently or in the past (or an equal standard), alongside Danny and Matty? I think that would give you a great spine of the team with solidity and creativity.

I have said it elsewhere on here, but in my honest opinion we need four more players after Cambell signs (touch wood).

1. A Younger CB.

2. A LB.

3. A Midfield General with vast experience.

4. Our big target man.

When these four people, whoever they are, have signed we will have the complete team to survive in the Premiership and push us into the higher echelons of the league over a couple of seasons.

Germany isn't a great league to buy players in, the clubs are largely financially more secure than - say - Italy or Spain.

We seem to be doing well with France!

So what you're saying is that the quality of the players isn't poor, but that buying from Germany because of the financial situations of the clubs, it doesn't represent good valve for our money.

QPR going for Caulker. We should definitely go for him! Great defender.

Reckon we could Rodwell on the cheap too, would need to take a bit of a wage cut but he must be expecting to

Who are we rodding well?

So what you're saying is that the quality of the players isn't poor, but that buying from Germany because of the financial situations of the clubs, it doesn't represent good valve for our money.

In the German league players pay far less tax than in the UK therfore we would have to pay them considerably more to make deals financially appealing that's why they hold onto so many of their top players, it's an initiative supported by their FA and gov/german inland revenue to keep the league strong.

QPR going for Caulker. We should definitely go for him! Great defender.

Reckon we could get Rodwell on the cheap too, would need to take a bit of a wage cut but he must be expecting to

I'm genuinely astounded where QPR think they'll get the money from for Caulker and the rest they're going for. They've got a possible £60 million fine to pay. I suppose they'll just try and get as many players in as possible before they're hit. I hope they fold.

But can't QPR tell the football league to **** off? Didn't the Premier League say they won't get involved? So QPR could tell them to do one and not worry about it unless they ever get relegated?

The whole thing is a joke.

Disgustingly run club to be honest.

But can't QPR tell the football league to **** off? Didn't the Premier League say they won't get involved? So QPR could tell them to do one and not worry about it unless they ever get relegated?

The whole thing is a joke.

Disgustingly run club to be honest.

Man City have been hit by FFP though or is there different levels of it depending on what league you're in? If they get away with it then that's digusting, let's hope they get relegated again and are in even worse trouble.

Archived