Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Guest Col city fan

QPR going for Caulker. We should definitely go for him! Great defender.

Reckon we could get Rodwell on the cheap too, would need to take a bit of a wage cut but he must be expecting to

Surely not! I thought they only went for old has-beens!

It's crazy when you look at players like Jack Rodwell and he's still only 23! If he had stayed at Everton his career path could have gone so differently. 4 years ago he was a shoe in to follow Jack Wilshere to the next World Cup. 

He's even more injury prone than Wilshere!!!! I bet he's only been available to play for about 30% of his time at Man City anyway.

Nige wanted Campbell and Ulloa. I think he still wants a big target man type. He's used them before in Howard and Kermorgant. Although I think the target man will be from overseas now!

LB, Winger and possibly another CM and CB and I think we'll have a good enough squad to stay up

If we don't compete for Bryson at £750,000 and end up with our current midfield back ups I'll be extremely disappointed

Leicester can use South Korea enforcer to provide midfield metal Han Kook-Young can fill a position of need for the newly promoted side

Han-Kook-Young-26-6-14.jpg

As Nigel Pearson scrawled his signature across a three-year contract extension at Leicester City, he could be forgiven for secretly thinking that, if he doesn’t act this summer, he may not get that long at the helm.

Now a Premier League boss having won the Championship with the Foxes, Pearson would be foolish not to pay any attention to the fate of promoted managers that have gone before him.

Such is the desperation to stay in the top-flight, a bad start to the season could see Leicester hit the ejector button on the manager’s seat, just like Crystal Palace and Cardiff did last term.

In order to avoid a skyward trip, Pearson must add to his squad this off-season, with central midfield an area in need of urgent attention having used just two players there for the majority of the Championship campaign.

Luckily for the 50-year-old, there’s a massive international tournament taking place that highlights the skills of players teams like Leicester may not have previously been aware of.

Also fortunate for the former defender is the fact that when South Korea face Belgium in the final action of Group H, a steely centre-circle dweller of the type Pearson requires will be on display.

Han Kook-Young is not a player that demands attention on the pitch, but is a vital cog in the South Korea wheel, performing the kind of role that every team needs but rarely pays scrutiny to.

Playing alongside Swansea’s Ki Seung-Yeung, a player who’s adapted well to Premier League life himself, Han harasses, tackles and intercepts opponents to allow his playing partner the license to roam forward.

The 24-year-old, who can be backed at 25/1 to be Whoscored.com’s highest rated player against Belgium, has performed those duties well for his nation at this World Cup, despite the side’s deflating showing so far.

The Kashiwa Reysol player has registered six tackles, two interceptions and five clearances in his two outings.

What a horrendous article that is. Basically suggesting that if we don't sign players based on this world cup we'll be in relegation danger lol

If we're going after Korean midfielders Ki is a hell of a player, I'd be happy if we parted with serious money for him.

Latest talk is that he will probably stay with Swansea.

That Krychowiak hasn't signed for Anderlecht yet like someone said, he would be an excellent signing.

Signed a new deal until 2018 today, he'll cost considerably more than that unless there's a clause involved somewhere.

I think you're getting confused with Craig Forsyth who has signed a new contract at Derby. Bryson may still be available if the bid was enough. Not sure where the £750k figure comes from though? Would think he would be at least £3m.

I think you're getting confused with Craig Forsyth who has signed a new contract at Derby. Bryson may still be available if the bid was enough. Not sure where the £750k figure comes from though? Would think he would be at least £3m.

Bryson might well have a number on his head, but for what they'll be asking, though he'd be a good addition to the squad, I'm fairly certain there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Signed a new deal until 2018 today, he'll cost considerably more than that unless there's a clause involved somewhere.

The figure is accurate.

Wookie - Yes, but I just think their tempo of play as a general rule of thumb might find someone better suited to us than some other leagues.

Finnegan - Oh don't get me wrong, again, delighted with our acquisitions from France but I have long been a fan of German players. Can you imagine a solid German midfielder, who has played in the Bundersliga recently or in the past (or an equal standard), alongside Danny and Matty? I think that would give you a great spine of the team with solidity and creativity. 

I have said it elsewhere on here, but in my honest opinion we need four more players after Cambell signs (touch wood). 

1. A Younger CB.

2. A LB.

3. A Midfield General with vast experience.

4. Our big target man.

When these four people, whoever they are, have signed we will have the complete team to survive in the Premiership and push us into the higher echelons of the league over a couple of seasons.

totally agree with this. The 4 positions you've mentioned are exactly what we need to complete the squad. Another position possibly would be a right back to compete with De Laet. I know Was and Moore can play there but I wouldn't trust Was at full back in the prem and I feel Moore needs to focus on becoming a top class centre back which he has the potential to do.

I would like to see us sign Cresswell and have Konch as back up and send Schlupp on loan to the championship for a season as I don't think he's ready to be a first choice premier league full back.

The young centre back you talk of would be either Michael Keane or Craig Dawson for me.

Centre mid and striker will be more difficult to find and possibly expensive but we will need to spend a bit to survive!

Michael Keane is not a good defender.  He is not as good as any of the centre halves that we already have and he is nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.

If we don't compete for Bryson at £750,000 and end up with our current midfield back ups I'll be extremely disappointed

Prepare to be disappointed then

Prepare to be disappointed then

I'm expecting to be disappointed - Burnley have already offered £750k and they'll get him if nobody else intervenes

Archived