Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

totally agree with this. The 4 positions you've mentioned are exactly what we need to complete the squad. Another position possibly would be a right back to compete with De Laet. I know Was and Moore can play there but I wouldn't trust Was at full back in the prem and I feel Moore needs to focus on becoming a top class centre back which he has the potential to do.

I would like to see us sign Cresswell and have Konch as back up and send Schlupp on loan to the championship for a season as I don't think he's ready to be a first choice premier league full back.

The young centre back you talk of would be either Michael Keane or Craig Dawson for me.

Centre mid and striker will be more difficult to find and possibly expensive but we will need to spend a bit to survive!

Thank you for the reply Jay - nice to read.

I agree with what ChicagoFox has said in regard to Michael (Keane), in the Championship he was good but I think he would just be a bit out of his depth (at present) in the Premiership - but I do wish him the best as an ex-Leicester player, albeit on loan.

Craig Dawson seems to be the favoured choice but another name I mentioned last week was Brooks of the USA, however, I also agree it is highly unlikely we will get him as a lot of our competitors in the Premiership will probably be a bigger draw (sadly) for the forthcoming season. Nevertheless, it needs to be someone of that ilk.

Also agree with Right Back as a potential area for strengthening but it isn't a massive priority compared to other positions. Centre Mid - my dream choice? Gareth Barry, although, if the wages are to put us out of the market for him, someone of his ilk. Early 30's, been there, done that and got the t-shirt type player. Knows his way round the league or standard of football. As for our target man? Several names already out there; Ulloa, the Armenian striker, but for me I think we would be wise to look at the Scandinavian leagues or Holland. Waris, I also saw play for Ghana, as I know he has been linked and he looked like he has potential too, so that will get sorted but I would imagine Nigel wants most/everyone who will be here by mid pre-season, as they need a good three to four weeks playing time together.

I'd rather eat my own sick than see Michael Keane knocking about here again, getting caught flat footed and finding himself bullied every single week.

I think you're getting confused with Craig Forsyth who has signed a new contract at Derby. Bryson may still be available if the bid was enough. Not sure where the £750k figure comes from though? Would think he would be at least £3m.

You're bang on, that'll teach me to concentrate when skimming Twitter.

Guest Col city fan

I'd rather eat my own sick than see Michael Keane knocking about here again, getting caught flat footed and finding himself bullied every single week.

You're bang on, that'll teach me to concentrate when skimming Twitter.

lol

:thumbup:

Leicester can use South Korea enforcer to provide midfield metal Han Kook-Young can fill a position of need for the newly promoted side

Han-Kook-Young-26-6-14.jpg

As Nigel Pearson scrawled his signature across a three-year contract extension at Leicester City, he could be forgiven for secretly thinking that, if he doesn’t act this summer, he may not get that long at the helm.

Now a Premier League boss having won the Championship with the Foxes, Pearson would be foolish not to pay any attention to the fate of promoted managers that have gone before him.

Such is the desperation to stay in the top-flight, a bad start to the season could see Leicester hit the ejector button on the manager’s seat, just like Crystal Palace and Cardiff did last term.

In order to avoid a skyward trip, Pearson must add to his squad this off-season, with central midfield an area in need of urgent attention having used just two players there for the majority of the Championship campaign.

Luckily for the 50-year-old, there’s a massive international tournament taking place that highlights the skills of players teams like Leicester may not have previously been aware of.

Also fortunate for the former defender is the fact that when South Korea face Belgium in the final action of Group H, a steely centre-circle dweller of the type Pearson requires will be on display.

Han Kook-Young is not a player that demands attention on the pitch, but is a vital cog in the South Korea wheel, performing the kind of role that every team needs but rarely pays scrutiny to.

Playing alongside Swansea’s Ki Seung-Yeung, a player who’s adapted well to Premier League life himself, Han harasses, tackles and intercepts opponents to allow his playing partner the license to roam forward.

The 24-year-old, who can be backed at 25/1 to be Whoscored.com’s highest rated player against Belgium, has performed those duties well for his nation at this World Cup, despite the side’s deflating showing so far.

The Kashiwa Reysol player has registered six tackles, two interceptions and five clearances in his two outings.

Good positional sense. He's pulling the 'reverse cowboy' off nicely in that pic!

totally agree with this. The 4 positions you've mentioned are exactly what we need to complete the squad. Another position possibly would be a right back to compete with De Laet. I know Was and Moore can play there but I wouldn't trust Was at full back in the prem and I feel Moore needs to focus on becoming a top class centre back which he has the potential to do.

I would like to see us sign Cresswell and have Konch as back up and send Schlupp on loan to the championship for a season as I don't think he's ready to be a first choice premier league full back.

The young centre back you talk of would be either Michael Keane or Craig Dawson for me.

Centre mid and striker will be more difficult to find and possibly expensive but we will need to spend a bit to survive!

The fact that we wont play as much football mid-week and all really justifies schlupp going for loan. Only problem with LB's is they are pretty expensive, and if we spend big money I am torn between experience and more longevity. It's also ashame noccerino has such high wage, but he has a vast knowledge of the game, if we could get him on loan like West Ham had, could make great squad rotation for us. Like we have said, dutch league players are risky, but Johansson scored 17 last season, and I think he likes to play the target role aswell.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Lucas Leiva if he wants to stay in the country? Definitely got quality and strong in the tackle. I'd potentially like to see him further up the pitch too.

Probably not going to feature for Liverpool again much

Lucas Leiva if he wants to stay in the country? Definitely got quality and strong in the tackle. I'd potentially like to see him further up the pitch too.

Probably not going to feature for Liverpool again much

when he's fit he plays for them but he's had a succession of serious injuries

Leicester can use South Korea enforcer to provide midfield metal Han Kook-Young can fill a position of need for the newly promoted side

Han-Kook-Young-26-6-14.jpg

As Nigel Pearson scrawled his signature across a three-year contract extension at Leicester City, he could be forgiven for secretly thinking that, if he doesn’t act this summer, he may not get that long at the helm.

Now a Premier League boss having won the Championship with the Foxes, Pearson would be foolish not to pay any attention to the fate of promoted managers that have gone before him.

Such is the desperation to stay in the top-flight, a bad start to the season could see Leicester hit the ejector button on the manager’s seat, just like Crystal Palace and Cardiff did last term.

In order to avoid a skyward trip, Pearson must add to his squad this off-season, with central midfield an area in need of urgent attention having used just two players there for the majority of the Championship campaign.

Luckily for the 50-year-old, there’s a massive international tournament taking place that highlights the skills of players teams like Leicester may not have previously been aware of.

Also fortunate for the former defender is the fact that when South Korea face Belgium in the final action of Group H, a steely centre-circle dweller of the type Pearson requires will be on display.

Han Kook-Young is not a player that demands attention on the pitch, but is a vital cog in the South Korea wheel, performing the kind of role that every team needs but rarely pays scrutiny to.

Playing alongside Swansea’s Ki Seung-Yeung, a player who’s adapted well to Premier League life himself, Han harasses, tackles and intercepts opponents to allow his playing partner the license to roam forward.

The 24-year-old, who can be backed at 25/1 to be Whoscored.com’s highest rated player against Belgium, has performed those duties well for his nation at this World Cup, despite the side’s deflating showing so far.

The Kashiwa Reysol player has registered six tackles, two interceptions and five clearances in his two outings.

One more may help but that makes out our central mid is shite.

Un proven in the prem yes but far from shite.

James and DD will shock a few this season and kingy will step up and sure Knocky could do a good CAM job.

Is he hand cocks agent by any chance?

Kyle Beckerman and Gonzalo Jara would be good signings to our squad. Yeah I know Beckerman, is getting 32 but, he could be good for us for year or two in the short term. As for Jara, yeah I know he played for the Florist's and missed that penalty on Saturday for Chile against Brazil. He is still a  good RB and would provide good competition for RDL.

Kyle Beckerman and Gonzalo Jara would be good signings to our squad. Yeah I know Beckerman, is getting 32 but, he could be good for us for year or two in the short term. As for Jara, yeah I know he played for the Florist's and missed that penalty on Saturday for Chile against Brazil. He is still a  good RB and would provide good competition for RDL.

Jara? Nah.

Fcuk off Sporting Lisbon, they've had a £3 million bid accepted for Ryan Gauld from Dundee Utd. That kid is gonna be a world beater. WE SHOULD BE GOING FOR HIM!!!!

his surname's potential is worth signing him. Think of all the lovely puns and chants. What a shame.

Fcuk off Sporting Lisbon, they've had a £3 million bid accepted for Ryan Gauld from Dundee Utd. That kid is gonna be a world beater. WE SHOULD BE GOING FOR HIM!!!!

Well, how about we take Eric Dier off them instead?

Guest ttfn

I know people have their opinions on Tom Ince's ability (and he certainly didn't pull up any trees at Palace at the end of last season), but surely we could do worse than be looking at him on a free?

If Pearson is serious about playing a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 as he hinted with his team selection at the end of last season, we may need an extra man comfortable playing wide or off the front.

The sad truth is that Hull are more of a pull than us at the moment though.

I know people have their opinions on Tom Ince's ability (and he certainly didn't pull up any trees at Palace at the end of last season), but surely we could do worse than be looking at him on a free?

If Pearson is serious about playing a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 as he hinted with his team selection at the end of last season, we may need an extra man comfortable playing wide or off the front.

The sad truth is that Hull are more of a pull than us at the moment though.

European football will be a pull, and they seem to be paying high wages too.

Might well change in a year's time.

Guest Col city fan

Hull are assembling what appears to be a very good squad. So much so, thats probably going to be one of the tougher away fixtures (of the bottom half) next season. Have we not got the sort of finances that Hull have got? Genuine question. Or are we just not spending yet?

Hull have done well and now they look to be taking things to the next step. Bruce is a good manager IMO.

Hull are assembling what appears to be a very good squad. So much so, thats probably going to be one of the tougher away fixtures (of the bottom half) next season. Have we not got the sort of finances that Hull have got? Genuine question. Or are we just not spending yet?

Hull have done well and now they look to be taking things to the next step. Bruce is a good manager IMO.

If you ask me it's a disaster waiting to happen at Hull. The owner has already threaten to pull out once yet is spending £9 million on a relegated player. Little doubting Bruce knows what he takes to stay up but he's failed previously 'on the next step'.

Archived