Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

How about some American talent? Mix Diskerud is a great offensive mid and Rosenborg i would think couldnt want much for him.Also,i have heard that Sacha Klesjtan at Anderlecht wants out.Just some suggestions.I think our midfield is fine,just wish for a tad more speed

Guest Col city fan

If you ask me it's a disaster waiting to happen at Hull. The owner has already threaten to pull out once yet is spending £9 million on a relegated player. Little doubting Bruce knows what he takes to stay up but he's failed previously 'on the next step'.

Why does any club who appears to be willing to spend some money suddenly have to be a 'disaster waiting to happen'? Why can't they simply be trying to get to a better level.

Fookin Hell! If as many clubs become 'disasters' as people on here say, there'd be none left!

lol

Why does any club who appears to be willing to spend some money suddenly have to be a 'disaster waiting to happen'? Why can't they simply be trying to get to a better level.

Fookin Hell! If as many clubs become 'disasters' as people on here say, there'd be none left!

lol

Oh yes. :thumbup:

lol

Because as Cardiff Fox said, Allam isn't committed to the cause unless he gets his way. So far the fans have opposed his changes, and he has threatened to walk away on numerous occasions. If he lumbers them with players on high wages who struggle to perform (Snodgrass is no world beater, for example) then they could run into difficulties should Allam pull the plug.

Any club spending money isn't necessarily a 'disaster waiting to happen', but it's easy to see why Hull could be.

Danny Graham possibly available for 1 million I read in a paper somewhere today. Would be worth a gamble at that price. Vardy, Nuge, Campbell, Graham and Ulloa would genuinely give us some options up top. Possibly one too many, but I just can't see Wood cutting it at PL level - he couldn't make an impact for most of the time at Championship level, so what would he now?

Danny Graham possibly available for 1 million I read in a paper somewhere today. Would be worth a gamble at that price. Vardy, Nuge, Campbell, Graham and Ulloa would genuinely give us some options up top. Possibly one too many, but I just can't see Wood cutting it at PL level - he couldn't make an impact for most of the time at Championship level, so what would he now?

Rated him no end a couple of seasons ago but he has shown he struggles at some clubs. £1 million is nothing though so if have a look at him for that.

A couple of years ago, he would've been a bargain.

Sadly, after this year's showing at the World Cup, Ricardo Rodriguez has gained a hefty price tag and is now definitely out of our league (Real Madrid have allegedly enquired about him).

Any other left-back suggestions, anyone?

I heard Patrice Evra and Pablo Armero are still available. :ph34r:

(This is true, btw)

A couple of years ago, he would've been a bargain.

Sadly, after this year's showing at the World Cup, Ricardo Rodriguez has gained a hefty price tag and is now definitely out of our league (Real Madrid have allegedly enquired about him).

Any other left-back suggestions, anyone?

I heard Patrice Evra and Pablo Armero are still available. :ph34r:

(This is true, btw)

A few have mentioned Jose Holebas.

Djamel Mesbah has been the subject of interest from a few Prem clubs. Izaguirre of Celtic perhaps?

Djamel Mesbah has been the subject of interest from a few Prem clubs. Izaguirre of Celtic perhaps?

No chance we'll sign Holebas, he's playing Champions League football as it is and could play for a team much better than the standard we're at.

However, if we could sign him and Manolas from Olympiakos somehow, I think I'd explode.

I don't like the thought of Izaguirre in a City shirt, mainly because he and his fellow Hondurians showed at this year's World Cup how little they value football and much they care about nasty tackling. He's speedy and can pose a threat going forward, his defensive skills are less impressive, though.

Guest Col city fan

I mentioned Graham last season and saw him as a 'Pearson type signing'. Hard working and a decent target bloke. Appears to have deteriorated as a player though, probably due to too many moves.

I fear he won't be good enough.

lol

You've seemingly taken my opinion and thrown it in with lots of others. I think the chairmen's situation is well documentated at Hull.

They have signed Livermore and Snodgrass. Two six out of ten players and will be paying a fair bit of money in wages.

Guest Col city fan

You've seemingly taken my opinion and thrown it in with lots of others. I think the chairmen's situation is well documentated at Hull.

They have signed Livermore and Snodgrass. Two six out of ten players and will be paying a fair bit of money in wages.

No offence meant buddy. I think these signings along with quite a few others (Jelavic, Huddlestone, Long) suggest that the Chairman is willing to spend money, that Bruce is amassing a strong squad and that Hull will be a good side again next season.

I just don't see how spending some money at a club, on the right players, automatically spells financial disaster. It might do, if mismanaged, conversely it might have completely the opposite effect.

If Hull stay financially safe, I'd imagine its a good time to be a Hull fan at present, at least in terms of who the fans are going to be watching next season.

Archived