Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Carlos Tevez - Man City to Juventus - £10 million

-----ONE YEAR LATER-------

Ross McCormack - Leeds to Fulham - £11 million

The game's gone mad. Seems like since FFP was brought in, clubs seem to have started lobbing more cash about to try and get promoted and avoid FFP penalties. Mental.

Carlos Tevez - Man City to Juventus - £10 million

-----ONE YEAR LATER-------

Ross McCormack - Leeds to Fulham - £11 million

I don't mind Fulham at all, I always thought of them as being one of the more likeable London clubs.

Still, something inside of me wants them to horribly crash and burn next season, with all this unreasonable spending on their behalf.

Guest Col city fan

I don't mind Fulham at all, I always thought of them as being one of the more likeable London clubs.

Still, something inside of me wants them to horribly crash and burn next season, with all this unreasonable spending on their behalf.

According to whom?

I'm no advocate of spending crazy money on football players. I think Rooney on 300k per week is possibly the biggest joke in World football, but Fulham would argue that if McCormack gets them up, its money well spent.

Its a risk, I don't advocate it, but the game has gone barmy now.

According to whom?

I'm no advocate of spending crazy money on football players. I think Rooney on 300k per week is possibly the biggest joke in World football, but Fulham would argue that if McCormack gets them up, its money well spent.

Its a risk, I don't advocate it, but the game has gone barmy now.

His 28 goals did the square root of fcuk all for Leeds last season in the grand scheme of things. If that's the going rate for a one season wonder whose at an age where he is unlikely to improve much then something is seriously wrong in football. I know there is a lot more money in circulation this summer due to the grotesque sky deal but I fail to agree that this is a shrewd purchase at that price. Fulham have some of the best youngsters in the country coming through, I hope paying daft money for McCormack doesn't hinder their exceptional youth players coming through.

Leeds must be pissing themselves, well they would be if they had someone with a brain who could re-invest it and give them a chance of competing in the Championship.

Guest Col city fan

His 28 goals did the square root of fcuk all for Leeds last season in the grand scheme of things. If that's the going rate for a one season wonder whose at an age where he is unlikely to improve much then something is seriously wrong in football. I know there is a lot more money in circulation this summer due to the grotesque sky deal but I fail to agree that this is a shrewd purchase at that price. Fulham have some of the best youngsters in the country coming through, I hope paying daft money for McCormack doesn't hinder their exceptional youth players coming through.

Leeds must be pissing themselves, well they would be if they had someone with a brain who could re-invest it and give them a chance of competing in the Championship.

His goals did fook all for Leeds - a team who were bang average. Who's to say his goals won't do a lot more for Fulham.

I AGREE WITH YOU... ;)

11 million quid is potty money. But Fulham must be banking on it working. We'll see if they are right or wrong.

Regards bringing through our own youth players, well Leicester aren't exactly big advocates of that either.

It's a quick-fix game these days.. IM NOT ADVOCATING THAT.. but it's here

I used to do daft Belgian accumalators at uni to wile away the hours on a hungover Sunday inbetween hand shandies, always backed Brugge and they've got a kid who's the bollocks - Maxime Lestienne, plays left wing alot and he'd slot in a treat from what I remember, my memory is hazy at best but he looked good.

I used to do daft Belgian accumalators at uni to wile away the hours on a hungover Sunday inbetween hand shandies, always backed Brugge and they've got a kid who's the bollocks - Maxime Lestienne, plays left wing alot and he'd slot in a treat from what I remember, my memory is hazy at best but he looked good.

"...they've got a kid.."

"...he looked good"

"...hand shandies..."

You okay mate?

I've been doing some scouting(not playing FM)

And I've come across a kid called Mohamed Elyounoussi, currently playing for Molde. Has scored 9 goals in 13 games, 19 years old, Norwegian international of Moroccan descent.

Guest LCFC_World

Konstantinos Mitroglou? now Fulham have signed 2 new stikers?

Please NO! Did you not see his last minute chance for Greece. Open goal, and would have sent them in to the quarter finals. Failed at Fulham as well - basically proved he is not premier league quality. anyway - signing relegated players is not a good thing.

Please NO! Did you not see his last minute chance for Greece. Open goal, and would have sent them in to the quarter finals. Failed at Fulham as well - basically proved he is not premier league quality. anyway - signing relegated players is not a good thing.

Did you see the chance Robin Van Persie missed too?

He was injured for Fulham, didn't really get chance to establish himself.

Fernandinho on loan for the season?

Is this a pisstake, or are you incredibly stupid?

Just the sort of CM we need.

Think he's going Inter unfortunately, he'd be brilliant alongside Drinkwater and James.

Just seen the McCormack news what craziness also seen that blackburn are asking £10 mill for Jordan Rhodes a player who has only scored 2 less in his 2 seasons in the championship compared to McCormack's last 4 seasons combined

The thing that worries and it's not NP's fault is that players do not seem to want to come to us especially when Nigel has said he has lost out on 2 targets. QPR are favourites for nearly every player we are on bets for I hope Arry I not just buying our targets so we can't sign anybody lol

Fulham may have spunked £11m on McCormmack but they have also shifted 12 first team players off the wage bill 9 of which were probably on a fair whack.

Replacing a £50k p/w player with a £15k p/w saves about £1.75m per year. Presumably they think they could get at least £5m back next season worst case so I can see why they have a bit of a budget.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-fulham/transfers/verein/931/saison_id/2014

Archived