Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Yep another good example

Probably wouldn't put Caulker in the same bracket as Ba though. As you said, Ba probably ain't top 4 team quality but most other established Premier teams would happily take him. He's on 80k apparently so waaaaay out of our reported structure and he won't leave Chelsea on a lower permanent contract.

Probably wouldn't put Caulker in the same bracket as Ba though. As you said, Ba probably ain't top 4 team quality but most other established Premier teams would happily take him. He's on 80k apparently so waaaaay out of our reported structure and he won't leave Chelsea on a lower permanent contract.

Ah didn't realise he was on that much, Chelsea are obscene! lol

He's a great player don't get me wrong but not for a top four team imo

Also you've only picked up on that bit because I gave examples of big players signing for newly promoted teams when you didn't think I would.

Looking for an argument by any chance? lol

Anyway I give up

NEXT!

lol

Sorry, as another poster directly pointed out that both Ramirez and Medel are on stupid money, this isn't helping your argument. Huddlestone whilst having a good season last, was on the average dump prior to that.

I'm not looking for an argument. If you expect the likes of Ba or players of his calibre incoming then please don't hold your breath.

Sorry, as another poster directly pointed out that both Ramirez and Medel are on stupid money, this isn't helping your argument. Huddlestone whilst having a good season last, was on the average dump prior to that.

I'm not looking for an argument. If you expect the likes of Ba or players of his calibre incoming then please don't hold your breath.

He wasn't on the average dump he was just a solid PL player who wasn't quite good enough for a top 4 club at the time. If we signed someone of his stature this gaff would explode. Let's not kid ourselves, currently we've no players proven to be anywhere near the quality of Huddlestone and it'll be a huge gamble to go in to the season without bringing in some players of his stature.

He wasn't on the average dump he was just a solid PL player who wasn't quite good enough for a top 4 club at the time. If we signed someone of his stature this gaff would explode. Let's not kid ourselves, currently we've no players proven to be anywhere near the quality of Huddlestone and it'll be a huge gamble to go in to the season without bringing in some players of his stature.

Quite. This. :ph34r:

Ok

Huddlestone was a terrific young player then got seriously injured. Following his injury he was average, and couldn't achieve any form whatsoever, and made little if no appearances for Spurs.

He has now in the last season recovered his form, and yes I'd have him now. That's the key word. Hull took a risk, he was on a fairly hefty wage. It's great that it worked out for him as I always thought he was quality, but saying that he is a big player is slightly an exaggeration. He was a big-ish player, and after a spell of nothing but averageness has redeemed himself and resurrected his career.

Watching this, (Argentina v Holland), would have to say, even at 34-35 I;d love to see Kuyt here for a year or two...Work rate is 100%+ and has tremendous vision. Vlaar too is impressive, only has a year left at Villa....would be a statement of intent if we 'nicked' him! like the looks of Wijnaldum...Has the makings of a tremendous player!

Kuyt? **** right off.

Guest Col city fan

Is Paolo De Cegile beyond the realms of reality? Or even any good for that matter? Prussian?

Oh Prussian won't have actually seen him play. He'll get his little stats book out though and quote you the number of passes he's made in the last millennium, or summat..

lol

Is Paolo De Cegile beyond the realms of reality? Or even any good for that matter? Prussian?

I doubt Juventus will let him go for cheap, seeing that he renewed his contract in 2012 for another five (!) years.

But that's the kind of player we should be going for. The right age and with the right amount of top-level experience.

On the other hand, it makes you wonder whether he'd be ready having played only a type of fringe role at his parent club over the years (less than a hundred league games in the past four seasons).

I doubt Juventus will let him go for cheap, seeing that he renewed his contract in 2012 for another five (!) years.

But that's the kind of player we should be going for. The right age and with the right amount of top-level experience.

On the other hand, it makes you wonder whether he'd be ready having played only a type of fringe role at his parent club over the years (less than a hundred league games in the past four seasons).

Ah right, Peluso? :whistle:

Watching this, (Argentina v Holland), would have to say, even at 34-35 I;d love to see Kuyt here for a year or two...Work rate is 100%+ and has tremendous vision. Vlaar too is impressive, only has a year left at Villa....would be a statement of intent if we 'nicked' him! like the looks of Wijnaldum...Has the makings of a tremendous player!

Said this a while back. Would love him here

On twitter from Percy

@John__Percy: @F1_AN expecting a substantial bid for a proven goalscorer, will almost certainly be a club record offer

Cardozo?

Movsisyan rumour a few weeks ago might have legs.

I'd like Ibisevic from Stuttgart though.

Archived