Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

good shout, think he would be a quality left back. Send Schlupp out on loan and have Konch as back up to him would be quality. Doubt we'd get him mind

you mean send Konch on loan and have schlupp as cover putting the Konch even on the team sheet in the prem is just asking for defeat

you mean send Konch on loan and have schlupp as cover putting the Konch even on the team sheet in the prem is just asking for defeat

Would that be the same Konch that from the squad that came up has more prem caps than the rest of the squad put together?

He may have a lack of pace but he understands that league better than any of the squad that won promotion.

I still would go berserk if we went for Michael Mancienne. I reckon he's ready to come back to England and he's a classy defender with a wealth of experience. Still a good age and quick, he'd be perfect to lead us.

Signing for...

Forest!

Would that be the same Konch that from the squad that came up has more prem caps than the rest of the squad put together?

He may have a lack of pace but he understands that league better than any of the squad that won promotion.

yea I totally agree while we're at it let's resign heskey as our star striker bags of prem experience :-/ he may lack pace aswel and goals but because he once was a good player we should use to for our prem survival do me a favour

There are so many realistic targets now we are up, i just hope than big nige gets the job done.

It is ok saying that we need the 'right' characters, but that isn't going to make us progress over this year and the future. Having 11 hard working players with a great team ethic is the perfect combination for survival in the premier league, but surely there are players out their now which can take us to that next level?

Looking at the top sides in the prem or even any established side, they don't rely on having 11 'hard working characters' to win games, they rely on a balance. When you look at man city and chelsea for instance, players like fernandinho, ramires etc are incredibly energetic hard working players, but they are not the 'stars' of the team. It appears that we are trying to focus on having 11 players who are 'hard working players', so the area of concern we should have is a lack of quality.

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, just a realist. Nuge failed in the premier league at his last attempt and is arguably a player who is less of a goal threat now than he was then. Konchesky is getting past his sell by date, with only albrighton and upson bringing a solid reputation into the league. Whilst the rest of the squad will be clearly eager, they are also untested. 

I am fairly confident we can have a successful season and establish ourselves in the premier league by surviving, I just wish we were looking at a striker and a spine capable of competing at this level in the future. Vardy and nuge are not young lads, wood didn't set the world alight last season, and our only other signing looking to be ulloa is likely to only have a couple of good seasons in him at this level. Some continue to compare on this board to southampton, but we lack a striker with the ability of lambert, a creator with the ability of lallana or a defender as solid as lovren. 

QPR are about to sign Kolbeinn Sigþórsson for about 4.8m.

That's an excellent signing IMO and that's coming from someone who regularly takes the piss out of their transfer policy.

no, I mean send Schlupp out on loan. Schlupp is a real talent but he's very Inexperienced and needs to develop more as a left back. A season on loan at a championship club would be better for him than him sitting on the bench if we buy or loan a new left back.

If Nige didn't think Konchesky still had something to offer he wouldn't have give him a new contract. I'm not saying for one minute we shoulf start the season with him starting but he will be ok as back up. Schlupp needs to be loaned out to get more experience and work on his defending

QPR are about to sign Kolbeinn Sigþórsson for about 4.8m.

That's an excellent signing IMO and that's coming from someone who regularly takes the piss out of their transfer policy.

Hell get injured - long term. What usually happens with Qpr in all honesty. Zamora, Johnson, Austin...

Guest Col city fan

QPR are about to sign Kolbeinn Sigþórsson for about 4.8m.

Don't forget the 10 for Charity buddy..

:thumbup:

yea I totally agree while we're at it let's resign heskey as our star striker bags of prem experience :-/ he may lack pace aswel and goals but because he once was a good player we should use to for our prem survival do me a favour

Not saying he plays what I'm saying his cover last 15 or for an injury like kp was last season could make the difference.

He won't be fazed coming on when it's backs to the wall younger players will be.

Most of our players are going to grounds they have never seen before and we won't be cup underdogs.

They will need someone on the coach thats been there and done it and not 15yrs ago when NP done it.

But praps your right why would we need anyone with a clue about the prem it's a nothing league anyway.

Please

Archived