Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

With the Ulloa transfer looking like its gonna go through. I still feel like we could do with another 3 players this season to keep us up. Personally I think we should sign Delort which would leave us with Vardy, Nugent, Ulloa & Delort. I think we need a proven left back as konchesky is past it now & schlupp will get caught out in the prem. Kieran Richardson or Aaron Cresswell would of been ideal. Finally a experienced centre midfield who has premier league experience. I know Dean Hammond is here but i dont think he will be effective at all this year for me, plus we have a poor choice in cm's other than DD & Matty James.

If I was to be really greedy I would love us to sign back up to our current wingers. Maybe a young lad from a reserve prem side or someone from a championship side like Craig Noone from cardiff or that Michail Antonio especially, always looked a threat against us. Scored a great goal & offers something different to a current set of wingers! He would be great.

With the Ulloa transfer looking like its gonna go through. I still feel like we could do with another 3 players this season to keep us up. Personally I think we should sign Delort which would leave us with Vardy, Nugent, Ulloa & Delort. I think we need a proven left back as konchesky is past it now & schlupp will get caught out in the prem. Kieran Richardson or Aaron Cresswell would of been ideal. Finally a experienced centre midfield who has premier league experience. I know Dean Hammond is here but i dont think he will be effective at all this year for me, plus we have a poor choice in cm's other than DD & Matty James.

If I was to be really greedy I would love us to sign back up to our current wingers. Maybe a young lad from a reserve prem side or someone from a championship side like Craig Noone from cardiff or that Michail Antonio especially, always looked a threat against us. Scored a great goal & offers something different to a current set of wingers! He would be great.

I agree with this, but I think the only player we desperately are in need of is a new left back. If we got that I'd be confident, but Delort would be good as well.

I think as much as everyone else a left back is top priority. What do people reckon of Patrick Van Aanholt, had him under the Sven era he's said he wants to leave Chelsea. I think brilliant left back an still quite young. Should Pearson look there ?

I think as much as everyone else a left back is top priority. What do people reckon of Patrick Van Aanholt, had him under the Sven era he's said he wants to leave Chelsea. I think brilliant left back an still quite young. Should Pearson look there ?

I mentioned him here a few days ago and he was discussed a bit after that.

Just seen West Ham have made a bid for another left back - Gutted we didn't get Cresswell, especially if he's just gonna sit on their bench!

Don't know if anyone's mentioned yet, but there's an Argentinian lad at Brighton called Ulloa. Haven't seen anything in the news about this one, but I think he'd be quite a tidy signing. Hopefully he will be on Pearson's radar.

Too expensive, no premiership experience, only scored 16 league goals, shit in the play off games, too lazy, blah blah blah.

We've still got to agree personal terms yet though.

I'm not having a laugh here.

But I see Chelsea want to loan Bamford out to a Premier League club. Would add depth, and can play out wide.

Would love to have him on loan as part of the squad. He would be a very useful addition indeed.

I mentioned him here a few days ago and he was discussed a bit after that.

Just seen West Ham have made a bid for another left back - Gutted we didn't get Cresswell, especially if he's just gonna sit on their bench!

Genuine question..have you seen him play often?

Don't get me wrong, I didn't exactly have a season ticket at Portman Road but seen him half a dozen times on televised games and my old man is an Ipswich fan and raved about him

Fair enough, as I said it was a genuine question. I only saw him at Leicester when we won, and as we were interested, I took a good look at the reports from his games towards the end of season. I noticed twice in the Sunday Times that he was reported as struggling against his winger. I don't take too much notice of journos though, and if your dad has watched him play regularly then that is a more accurate reflection on this talent.

I'd love Jack Cork.

not watched him a lot, but his record suggests he is similar to what we have in the middle.

I personally think that if we do look to improve the central midfield we should target someone who is better at winning the ball back or putting it in the opposition net.

I've just got a feeling that Cleverley could come. As an England international, could he be viewed as a marquee signing or is it Ulloa or Campbell. I don't think we're done yet.

I can't see Cleverley being too big a price after last season. I don't see one of the top teams being interested. I can see him leaving, and he could interest mid table teams. Just think with our ex Man Utd players ( 5 now? ) with the fact he has already played for us, well, if the price is right.............................................

I've just got a feeling that Cleverley could come. As an England international, could he be viewed as a marquee signing or is it Ulloa or Campbell. I don't think we're done yet.

I can't see Cleverley being too big a price after last season. I don't see one of the top teams being interested. I can see him leaving, and he could interest mid table teams. Just think with our ex Man Utd players ( 5 now? ) with the fact he has already played for us, well, if the price is right.............................................

I ****ing hope Campbell isn't the marquee signing, and what happened to us not knowing his signings? Was that a misquote or what?

Cleverley is rubbish, wasn't particularly great in his loan spell.

We need someone to just sit there, and try and break the likes of Barkley, Toure & Fabregas's legs, i.e Cambiasso.

not watched him a lot, but his record suggests he is similar to what we have in the middle.

I personally think that if we do look to improve the central midfield we should target someone who is better at winning the ball back or putting it in the opposition net.

Similar in terms of ability, plays deeper though.

Archived