Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Cresswell/Haidara (loan)/Izaguirre

Cattermole (yes, lee cattermole!) / mulumbu

Finnbogason

Van Djik

Adam Matthews

Jedinak

Nathan Redmond

Adam Johnson

Leroy Fer

Snodgrass

Lambert

Jamie Patterson

Caulker

Papiss Cisse

Bertrand

Bamford

Livermore

just to name a few

I think good signings would be:

Neil Taylor-£4m

Adam Johnson-£10-12m

Steven Caulkur-£5m

Liam Bridcutt-£3-4m

Jay Rodriguez-£8m

Charlie Austin-£4m

Kieran Westwood-£2m

So around £35-40m spent in total, thoughts??

Edit: just thought of Charlie Adam from Stoke-he'd be decent at £6 or 7m.

No chance of Rodriguez at that price the way he's been producing the goods at Saints. Not sure if Austin would cut it and I don't think anyone would pay £10m for Johnson, especially as his wages are sky high (Sunderland broke their wage cap to get him). I'd take Taylor or Caulker but I wouldn't spend £2m on a back-up keeper as Kasper will sign a new deal. Bridcutt is decent but isn't value for money and I'd imagine he'll stay with Sunderland given he's not been there long. Charlie Adam has no reason to leave Stoke for us & he'll be on a fair whack given he joined them from Liverpool.

Most our business will be done abroad I'd assume. We have an interesting summer ahead and we'll probably sign players we've never heard of. Wouldn't mind nicking someone like Livermore from Spurs.

I think we're an attractive proposition given our relatively young squad. Should be ambitious in the market.

Unlikely signing but given Spurs will probably have a clear out I'd love us to try and nick Gylfi Sigurdsson. Unrealistic but you never know I guess, don't think Spurs would hold out for big money and he can be absolute quality.

We aren't spending major dollar. I read yesterday that Southampton still owe £32 million. Therefore it's not the ideal club to follow or the gravy train it appears.

Add to that a substantial amount of promotion bonuses to be paid out.

They'll sell Shaw for £30m and they'll get another £10m or so for Osvaldo.

Easy to cover. 

TBH I've not even thought about it. The good news for us is we've got a good core. Our midfielders all have the potential to be first choice, frankly they're much better players than some that are at quite a few Premiership sides.

Of course there are other areas where we might need first teamers, at the back and up front. There is a list as long as your arm for who that could be, our potential targets list is obviously going to be bigger than it has been as a Premiership club.

It's all very exciting but I'm actually more excited about some of our current players. If my faith in Nigel is not misplaced he'll find some good talent to compliment them.

Why on earth would he want to leave Southampton?

Very true. Im suggesting possibilities, if we offered him double what he is on now, he would have some serious thinking to do. To be fair, i agree with you in the sense that he's probably the most unrealistic of the players i have suggested. :)

No chance of Rodriguez at that price the way he's been producing the goods at Saints. Not sure if Austin would cut it and I don't think anyone would pay £10m for Johnson, especially as his wages are sky high (Sunderland broke their wage cap to get him). I'd take Taylor or Caulker but I wouldn't spend £2m on a back-up keeper as Kasper will sign a new deal. Bridcutt is decent but isn't value for money and I'd imagine he'll stay with Sunderland given he's not been there long. Charlie Adam has no reason to leave Stoke for us & he'll be on a fair whack given he joined them from Liverpool.

Most our business will be done abroad I'd assume. We have an interesting summer ahead and we'll probably sign players we've never heard of. Wouldn't mind nicking someone like Livermore from Spurs.

I think we're an attractive proposition given our relatively young squad. Should be ambitious in the market.

Unlikely signing but given Spurs will probably have a clear out I'd love us to try and nick Gylfi Sigurdsson. Unrealistic but you never know I guess, don't think Spurs would hold out for big money and he can be absolute quality.

Fair enough mate. It's refreshing to see someone properly explain their argument! On Sigurdsson, he'd be quality, but he'll probably go abroad if he leaves spurs, but he's been playing for them quite a bit recently if im not mistaken??

On the back-up keeper situation, i can't see us spending less than £2m on one, the best keepers in the championship will want to stay where they will play regularly, and league 1 keepers are generally league 1 standard, so they wouldn't cut it, so i think we'd be looking to sign someone who is already a back-up keeper at a good team, aka: Westwood at sunderland or Camp at Norwich. Who would you be wanting to sign??

Do you think Pearson could try and tame Ravel Morrison?

I doubt it but it had crossed my mind. Wonder if James & Drinkwater get on with him? Afterall they'd have grown up together in the same youth team and already have a great understanding, that could be even greater if you added Ravel just ahead of them in the Nugent role.

if city could make one realistic signing from a prem club next season, who would you want it to be??

a player who I would love to see at city is Darren bent, always scored goals wherever hes gone and has been messed around at villa, depending on wages would obviously be a loan move, over to you lot

Just browsing some European leagues and teams that are probably going to be relegated.

Hamburg for example really struggling and they have some serious players. Would the likes of Van der Vaart and Westermann be unrealistic? 2 experienced internationals surely won't want to play 2nd tier football.

Maybe Pedro Leon a stand out player in a poor Getafe side. He has lots of pace and could be awesome in a 4-3-3 away from home.

I'm sure Pearson and Walsh will have their ideas but it's just so exciting knowing that when the inevitable happens and we go up we will be able to attract these kind of players.

I'd love us to sign Valentin Stocker from Basel who plays left side. Young and a real player.

A team of

Kasper

De laet

Morgan

Moore

Taylor

DD

James

Pedro Leon

Knockaert

Stocker

Vardy

That would be immense

Just browsing some European leagues and teams that are probably going to be relegated.

Hamburg for example really struggling and they have some serious players. Would the likes of Van der Vaart and Westermann be unrealistic? 2 experienced internationals surely won't want to play 2nd tier football.

Maybe Pedro Leon a stand out player in a poor Getafe side. He has lots of pace and could be awesome in a 4-3-3 away from home.

I'm sure Pearson and Walsh will have their ideas but it's just so exciting knowing that when the inevitable happens and we go up we will be able to attract these kind of players.

I'd love us to sign Valentin Stocker from Basel who plays left side. Young and a real player.

A team of

Kasper

De laet

Morgan

Moore

Taylor

DD

James

Pedro Leon

Knockaert

Stocker

Vardy

That would be immense

He's an excellent player but one thing he does not have, is bags of pace. Its the reason Real got rid because he didn't fit into their style

Unfortunately Barca are now under a transfer embargo so Messi is off the list.

They can still sell players though  :ph34r:

if city could make one realistic signing from a prem club next season, who would you want it to be??

a player who I would love to see at city is Darren bent, always scored goals wherever hes gone and has been messed around at villa, depending on wages would obviously be a loan move, over to you lot

Saido berahino is feeling let Down and unsupported by west brom over the Morrison punch. He'd be a typical Pearson signing too. Young and with potential....

Archived