Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Think most of Nigel's targets have gone or said no now...he likes to do transfers early as we all know...so now its what's left or ???

You are kidding aren't you?  There are thousands of options for Nige, just because they may not be mentioned here doesn't mean we don't have targets that are still in our sights. 

Guest LCFC_World

I don't understand what people are worried about, Nigel isn't one to tell everyone his business is he. He may say he's on a bike ride, but actually he is probably talking to 7 world class players. ;)

personally I think we need another centre back as I see Morgan could be a great liability in the prem, one realistic signing could be djourou as he impressed for the swiss and he has experience in the prem at arsenal and is playing in the bundersliga one of the best defensive leagues.

Have you ever watched the Bundesliga before?

The defending is terrible.

Do you actually know what that word means or are you just saying it because he's over 30?

im fully aware of what the word mercenary means. It means he's the kind of player that will probably only be playing for money now and not because he really wants to play football and give 100% hence why he will prob end up in qatar or the mls

im fully aware of what the word mercenary means. It means he's the kind of player that will probably only be playing for money now and not because he really wants to play football and give 100% hence why he will prob end up in qatar or the mls

Any reason why he would be? He was a tidy signing for Spurs last time he was here.

Should go for Sanogo from Arsenal on loan. Looks a threat and we'd only have to pay some wages/loan fee for the privelege of a young, hungry striker who has represented France at all youth levels.

Don't know if Arsenal would be willing to loan him out, far too illogical and risky to sign another 10 million striker when loan signings could be just as if not even more successful for pennys.

*posted before he scored at all today, he's now scored a hat trick 1st half against Benfica... We probably can't get him now ha.

and you really think he will come to Leicester on £30k a week?

I have been thinking about this for the past couple of weeks, if you want to stay the premiership you have to be realistic and proper pedigree players will want more than 30k a week this is going to be a real hard season this year I jus hope the players are as good as I think they are and we do well.

We shouldn't be writing QPR off as Redknapp has done well in this with other teams so we will just have to wait and see

I have been thinking about this for the past couple of weeks, if you want to stay the premiership you have to be realistic and proper pedigree players will want more than 30k a week this is going to be a real hard season this year I jus hope the players are as good as I think they are and we do well.

We shouldn't be writing QPR off as Redknapp has done well in this with other teams so we will just have to wait and see

in season one its about staying up and building on our great tean spirit. If our top earners like kasper and danny are on £30-£40k, then we shouldn't go and upset the balance in the squad by signing players on huge wages that may not even be that good. We do not want to be like qpr under hughes. We need to plan for the worst case scenario (relegation) and that is by making sure the club is financially sound through a good wage structure. Palace did well last year, do you reckon any of there players were on more than £30k a week? Fulham were awful and got relegated and probably had players on huge wages. If we stay up, im sure we will attract bigger players and increase the wage budget, but for now, I think we're doing the right thing.

in season one its about staying up and building on our great tean spirit. If our top earners like kasper and danny are on £30-£40k, then we shouldn't go and upset the balance in the squad by signing players on huge wages that may not even be that good. We do not want to be like qpr under hughes. We need to plan for the worst case scenario (relegation) and that is by making sure the club is financially sound through a good wage structure. Palace did well last year, do you reckon any of there players were on more than £30k a week? Fulham were awful and got relegated and probably had players on huge wages. If we stay up, im sure we will attract bigger players and increase the wage budget, but for now, I think we're doing the right thing.

You are spot on mate that is why I said I hope the players are as good as I think they are and we do stay up 

To be fair getting player like that didn't serve them too well last time they were in the prem.

Getting players in from much bigger clubs by offering them astronomical wages has usually ended up with a raft of poorly motivated and overpaid players.

To be fair getting player like that didn't serve them too well last time they were in the prem.

Getting players in from much bigger clubs by offering them astronomical wages has usually ended up with a raft of poorly motivated and overpaid players.

exactly what I've been saying

Has he not signed for Sunderland yet?

Someone mentioned Martin Olsson in another thread, he's a great shout for left back.

Nope, Sunderland struggling to agree terms or something, Fiorentina may want to keep him but he has the Prem experience. 

Olsson is a decent shout as well tbh. 

Archived