Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

They're trying to sign Kyle Naughton though so maybe they intend to play him at LB?

Maybe. Would be an odd move to sign an average RB to replace your decent LB though. Probably just after him to add competition/cover from both full backs.

If by struggling to agree terms you mean wages there's no way we'd be willing to better whatever Sunderland are offering him.

Some reports say Fiorentina don't want to sell, but Poyet also saying a deal is quite close. 

But we should be going for someone like Alonso or Olsson both of which have Premier League experience. I also see Nice left-back Timothee Kolodziejczak has been linked with West Ham & Southampton.

Went to the emirates cup today, there's a young left back from Valencia called Jose Gaya. He's 18 years old & has only played once for them. The way this kid effected the game from left back was unreal! He's only about 5 foot 5 yet defensively he's solid, tactically good, amazing technical ability & his offensive game was sensational. Got told he's quite down the pecking order at Valencia. I know I will get shot down for this but I would love us to sign him off one game. To dictate the game against a good Benfica side from left back proves his ability. Scored 1 & cleared one of the line also.

Went to the emirates cup today, there's a young left back from Valencia called Jose Gaya. He's 18 years old & has only played once for them. The way this kid effected the game from left back was unreal! He's only about 5 foot 5 yet defensively he's solid, tactically good, amazing technical ability & his offensive game was sensational. Got told he's quite down the pecking order at Valencia. I know I will get shot down for this but I would love us to sign him off one game. To dictate the game against a good Benfica side from left back proves his ability. Scored 1 & cleared one of the line also.

Anyone that watched any of that tournament knows Benfica never really went beyond walking pace. It's a pre-season kick about.

I have suggested John Flanagan from Liverpool as a perfect fit for us if not permanent at least on loan.  Not sure how he is going to be a mainstay in the first team, with the like of Johnson, Enrique, Kelly and the 2 Spanish FB's being bought by Liverpool today.

He is english, young and has significant PL experience and can play on both sides of the defence.  

I have suggested John Flanagan from Liverpool as a perfect fit for us if not permanent at least on loan.  Not sure how he is going to be a mainstay in the first team, with the like of Johnson, Enrique, Kelly and the 2 Spanish FB's being bought by Liverpool today.

He is english, young and has significant PL experience and can play on both sides of the defence.  

Do we make a new thread for him or do we just post his photos in the Andy King thread?

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's first choice at either left or right back. He's their best full back by far and on the verge of the England team.

He started 25 games for Liverpool last season, he is very much a first teamer and very much a starter for them. No way he'll be leaving them.

Anyone that watched any of that tournament knows Benfica never really went beyond walking pace. It's a pre-season kick about.

I would agree with you when it came to the first day but to claim "anyone that watched the tournment knows Benefica never reallt went beyond walking pace" is a bit harsh. I was at the emirates for the sunday, up until Valencia scored their 2nd benefica looked good. Just really poor defensivley.

I have suggested John Flanagan from Liverpool as a perfect fit for us if not permanent at least on loan. Not sure how he is going to be a mainstay in the first team, with the like of

Johnson, Enrique, Kelly and the 2 Spanish FB's being bought by Liverpool today.

Would probably have a better chance bringing Enrique in!

He started 25 games for Liverpool last season, he is very much a first teamer and very much a starter for them. No way he'll be leaving them.

they're signing a left back and have signed a right back on loan already, there's a chance we could get him but I doubt they'd sell

Martin Kelly then maybe?

quality player,is actually a CB but got shunted to RB like Stearman did for us when we had him 

I think Briand would fill a gap, I think we'll need 4 wingers.

Would like to sign Guediorra too. Didn't really get a look in at Palace as they were well supported in defensive midfield with Jedinak, and Ledley.

Archived