Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Keep thinking Right-Backs at the minute, West Brom have just been in the market I see and brought a new right & left back, in Christian Gamboa & Jason Davidson. 

Mentioned Martin Kelly the other day, but Liverpool fans on twitter last night about him was not a pretty sight.

Think we should definitely take a look at Adam Matthews though, especially if Celtic fail to qualify for Champions League, which they look like doing so. Would also like to mention John Brayford, would also be decent competition for De Laet, seriously don't know why Cardiff overlooked him last season, then shoved him out on loan.

Why not? We need a tough and ruthless DM because the PL midfields will be more physical and stronger.

cos hes just not that good. Did well at Wigan and got a big money move to Spurs and just went downhill! If stoke don't want him then neither do we. Stoke have never had great midfielders except Charlie Adam who I do rate quite highly.

and the club he failed a medical at was in Qatar. Players that go to Qatar either do it for money or cos they ain't good enough for the prem or both. Based on either of these 2 I wouldn't want him!

Southampton getting Scott Sinclair

Villa getting Victor Moses

QPR getting everyone

Just us and Burnley then playing chicken to see who folds first and panic buys

We should not have needed to panic buy! This window is just c**p  It has taken ten years to get back to where we belong and every pundit has us down.We did not need to spend silly money to improve the squad but between NP, Robinson and the owners we are at a disadvantage before we start.What a crock!

Southampton getting Scott Sinclair

Villa getting Victor Moses

QPR getting everyone

Just us and Burnley then playing chicken to see who folds first and panic buys

QPR had the Strengthen more than us. They had a lot of loans.

As do Southampton as they have lost a great number of their squad.

Villa were very poor last season and we took one of their better players.

We had a decent starting 11 already we just needed (need some depth)

We should not have needed to panic buy! This window is just c**p  It has taken ten years to get back to where we belong and every pundit has us down.We did not need to spend silly money to improve the squad but between NP, Robinson and the owners we are at a disadvantage before we start.What a crock!

We still don't!

We just need to add depth & that extra bit of quality, and we'll be fine. 

Unlike the Championship, your going to see teams with 5-6 centre backs & central midfielders in the Premier League. 

You look at our back-up now, and it doesn't particularly speak volumes, when you have the likes of Upson, Konchesky, Hammond, GTF & Wood. Four are experienced players, but even though they are experienced, when they go out on the field, you just can't see them being good enough. 

3 new signings are a must, RB, CB or LB & CM.

Striker who knows what Nigel wants on that score, about the only position that we've been linked with i.e. Deeney & Slimani, which is quite frustrating. 

Mutch better than ours

And our squad was much better than theirs to start with, 22 points better.

The fact they were so shite last year will probably work in their favour as it was obvious they needed a big investment again, where as we looked much more the finished article.

...... missed the mutch comment :D

We've not added much depth to the squad though. We've lost Dyer, Phillips, Miquel who were first team players and replaced them with Albrighton, Ulloa and Upson. The quality has improved slightly, but it's not given us more depth. Upson hasn't trained yet this pre-season. I have a hunch we'll not be as fortunate with injuries this season which will seriously question our squad and right now we haven't the quality to replace key players.

A new defender is crucial, as is a central midfielder and an attacking player who can play out wide and through the middle unless we can add a 4th player as well. I think we actually need 2 new defenders so potentially 5 more players needed in 3 weeks. I'm unconvinced we'll sign 1 let alone 5. I would hate to see us miss this glorious chance we have of pushing on because we've decided against bringing in some extra numbers. Our squad is so small.

Archived