Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

I seriously don't know why we don't get in players who are versatile.

We could get in a RB who can also play CB or a RB who can also play LB, CB who can play CM.

These types of signings, would seriously be ideal, instead of wanting five new signings, 2 or 3 could be sufficient. 

Take Russell Martin from Norwich for example, can play RB & CB.

I understand that Fer is a great player. But, I really don't see the obsession with signing numerous relegated Premier League players. Obviously there's the odd exception, Ruddy, Fer, Caulker, Marshall etc, but those players were still a huge part of a team that got relegated. Hence perhaps why nobody else has picked them up. 

I seriously don't know why we don't get in players who are versatile.

We could get in a RB who can also play CB or a RB who can also play LB, CB who can play CM.

These types of signings, would seriously be ideal, instead of wanting five new signings, 2 or 3 could be sufficient. 

Take Russell Martin from Norwich for example, can play RB & CB.

That will be Moore or Was then.... De Laet has played LB (not for us), Schlupp plays everywhere apparently, Flooding the squad for the sake of it would be a touch silly having spent 18 months clearing out an inflated squad

If Hammond goes I'd take Lansbury off Forest. They're desperate for cash to meet FFP so a decent deal could be had.

He's the right age, technically good and would add grit/power in the centre of the park

I suggested this a few weeks back. I like him a lot. Great player.

He was exceptional at times last season. Why are West Ham letting him go? QPR are starting to fcuk me off now.

well its a good question, you'd expect that west ham will have a better chance of staying up next season. something about diame suggests he's not happy with the hammers, he tried to get out last summer to. maybe he just wants a change regardless of who it may be in the prem.

That will be Moore or Was then.... De Laet has played LB (not for us), Schlupp plays everywhere apparently, Flooding the squad for the sake of it would be a touch silly having spent 18 months clearing out an inflated squad

It wouldn't be flooding the squad, you'll be having players who can play two positions. Moore & Was are not suitable for right-back, especially in the Prem, Wasilewski showed last season he can't play there anymore, as for Moore as I've said endless times, the kid needs to progress as a centre back. People want a left-back because they don't think Konchesky is up to standard, someone who can play both RB & LB would be great.

It would but there isn't many around. I still feel that Nige has had little luck securing permanent deals whether it be because of wages, players not wanting to come here etc so I reckon he's now waiting for the big clubs to finish their business then swoop in for loan deals. There are talks that Cleverley may still be down the pecking order but as he's still young, united may not want to sell but they may be open to a loan. Then there's Kelly from Liverpool who could be available for loan but these deals may not come up until the other clubs finish their business

I suggested this a few weeks back. I like him a lot. Great player.

Can't be that desperate they have just signed Antonio from weds and getting Bret asombolonga from Peterborough

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9408905/transfer-news-nottingham-forest-sign-britt-assombalonga-and-michail-antonio

(I would take Lansbury though , would have taken those two also....??)

Southampton getting Scott Sinclair

Villa getting Victor Moses

QPR getting everyone

Just us and Burnley then playing chicken to see who folds first and panic buys

Except we all ready have a winning hand and Pearson knows it. We will finish above all those sides .

Can't be that desperate they have just signed Antonio from weds and getting Bret asombolonga from Peterborough

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9408905/transfer-news-nottingham-forest-sign-britt-assombalonga-and-michail-antonio

(I would take Lansbury though , would have taken those two also....??)

Yes like we have been promoted to the prem and we would be interested in anyone who thinks it's a good idea to sign for Forest. :D  :D

If Hammond does go, surely that means we are signing another CM?  

I'm glad if he does go as don't think he's good enough to play in the prem. Something which Southampton clearly saw before moving him on to us last season. However, selling and not replacing leaves us with 3 outright CMS in Drinkwater, James and King. We need at least one more!

Sorry to break the news, kingfox.

Another name you're about four months too late with:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/93797-realistic-signings-now-we-are-up-and-some-unrealistic-ones/?p=2965095

:thumbup:

lol yeah, I can remember someone mentioning his name on here before a while back, you were the one  :)

Deserves his name mentioning again though, would be a good signing, right up Pearson's street, young & French.

Archived