Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

I'd rather us get a utility defender now. One competent across LB/CB/RB. We need cover more than anything, not a first team name

I was just thinking the same. If we get Cambiasso, I think we'll just need one versatile defender, one forward (winger/CAM/striker), and then just a replacement for anyone who leaves. It would be fantastic if these could be more world class household names (Yeah, right!), but I'd still be happy if they were just youngsters on loan.

if we can land Cambiasso, then I think it will be easy to persuade other targets to join. Who wouldn't want to play for his club?

One more winger, and a full back are all that's needed this summer IMO (assuming we get cambiasso). Then we can reassess and strengthen once more in January.

Winger because we'll lose Mahrez for international duty in January, and I'd like someone in before then so they're settled. And also our injuries could cause us problems if we're rushing people back because of a lack of specific cover (JS on the wing is okay, but we don't really want him there longer than necessary)

A full back is also needed IMO. Preferably someone to be first choice left back, who is also capable at right back, so if de Laet isn't performing we can bring Schlupp on the left and switch our other LB to RB.

I think FM has a lot to answer for when people want versatile players because not many actually exist that can play numerous positions to a similar standard.

I was more thinking a Billy Jones type player. Although I suppose De Laet is supposed to be like that as well. It's easier said than done but plenty of full backs could be adept on the other side

I was more thinking a Billy Jones type player. Although I suppose De Laet is supposed to be like that as well. It's easier said than done but plenty of full backs could be adept on the other side

I know what you mean but I can't think ofany fullbacks who are equally as adept on both sides

Couldnt agree more, was absolutely fantastic at the world cup, weak foot wasnt excellent, but he was brilliant.

We need competition for De Laet, we need a better left-back, Layun is that guy.

Your not going to get many players who can play both sides. He is one of a rare few. 

We need competition for De Laet, we need a better left-back, Layun is that guy.

Your not going to get many players who can play both sides. He is one of a rare few.

Dont forget he played a wing back role aswell, could be cover for a wing spot if someone goes down.

Dont forget he played a wing back role aswell, could be cover for a wing spot if someone goes down.

Yep, wouldn't cost too much either.

Other players who can play both sides, would cost too much, we could splash the cash on someone like Darmian or Santon, but can't see that happening.

Yep, wouldn't cost too much either.

Other players who can play both sides, would cost too much, we could splash the cash on someone like Darmian or Santon, but can't see that happening.

Nige would never sign a first team player out of the EPL at this stage anyway. So agreed. I'm only doubtful because he played in the world cup he might cost something extra, but Nigel knows what we need and I doubt he will fail to deliver.

Daniel Wass - LB. Can play RB & RM

Got a decent free-kick on him. Attracting interest from Marseille & Schalke, might be tough for us to compete for him against teams of that size

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2yHEMF_phA

Not when we get Cambiasso!  :thumbup:

That, said, I think I heard someone else mentioned Wass before - very good player.

At the moment Jeff looks like cover for left wing and full back. I really like him wide left, definitely ok as fourth choice winger. Looked good against Werder Bremen.

So I suppose left back is the cover we need, plus one or two others. As some have said, a utility defender on the left side, maybe a striker, Esteban and who knows.

Archived