Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Why have we not signed Bendtner yet?

If this is a genuine question, I would suggest

a) His wage demands are too high

b) He's not got the best record as a 'team' player and wouldn't fit into the Pearson way of doing things.

I'm in agreement with indierich06, Delort or Sakho would be better moves than Deeney. 

I pay a lot of attention to French football, and have contacts at Get French Football News. Going by what I've seen and been told about from both Delort and Sakho they'd be much better deals. We've already spent way too much on a Championship striker than he's worth (I'm not doubting his ability for one moment, I just don't think he's worth what we paid) so what's the point in going and spending almost £10mil on another? Nearly £20mil on two Championship strikers. And I can just see it if Deeney & Ulloa don't perform to the fans expectations (knowing City fans) they'll be calling for Pearson's head and complaining we've spent too much on "shit" players. Whereas targeting players like Delort and Sakho who won't demand £40k wages and we can pick up for around £2/£3mil, we're making more moves like Knockaert and Mahrez, and look how valuable to the team those guys are!

I totally see where you're coming from, but I also don't agree with the mentality that we should spend less and automatically lower expectations when we've got the power not to. If Pearson thinks Deeney is a better player than Sakho or Delort and the club know they can sanction the move - then get him signed.

I'm a big fan of bargain hunting but if we've got the resources to do better then we may as well use them. I can't imagine Pearson spending big money on a dud.

i want ake purely in the fact i read he played the other day. this is the first time i've ever heard of him and know zero about him apart from the fact he is an LB and plays for Chelsea.

He's primarily a centre back. Looked awesome for Chelsea youths

I saw Lee Hills was out of contract and remembered he looked pretty decent at 17 in the championship for Palace a few years back and was about to suggest him. He's been plying his trade in league one and the blue square leagues the past year or so. Unbelievable.

Lee Wallace is a strange one. He's hasn't played in the top flight for a few years now and that's hardly the greatest standard as it is. Plus, only 8 caps for Scotland is hardly a ringing endorsement. Would have taken him 5 years ago but I'd be extremely worried about signing him for the Premiership.

Lee Wallace is a strange one. He's hasn't played in the top flight for a few years now and that's hardly the greatest standard as it is. Plus, only 8 caps for Scotland is hardly a ringing endorsement. Would have taken him 5 years ago but I'd be extremely worried about signing him for the Premiership.

Have we been linked?

I know this has been mentioned but what about Nathaniel Chalobah, can play in centre mid or centre back. 

Other player that could be useful is Kyle Naughton could cover left or right back. 

Matty James' brother looksd great this pre-season, maybe manure will let him go cheap, or on loan; he plays left back

You would ideally want to buy him as he will most likely improve. However, Man Utd won't sell him, if they did, it wouldn't be for cheap.

Yannick Bolasie.

Sky Sports reporting his representatives were furious when a Crystal Palace insider leaked info about his ongoing contract talks - what a balloon head - and I think coupled with the unpopular decision of sacking Pulis means he could be more open to a move. He could be the additional wide player people are wanting. Always rated him too.

Yannick Bolasie.

Sky Sports reporting his representatives were furious when a Crystal Palace insider leaked info about his ongoing contract talks - what a balloon head - and I think coupled with the unpopular decision of sacking Pulis means he could be more open to a move. He could be the additional wide player people are wanting. Always rated him too.

That's a fair shout, he really impressed at the tail end of last season. He was instrumental in staying up. Pacey, strong and direct. Would be a massive upgrade to lovely Lloydy.

Might have been mentioned beofre but Virgil van Dijk at CB would be a class signing.

Just been watching SSN and Fulham have made Bryan Ruiz available. Felix Magath said in an interview Ruiz & Migtroglou would be leaving 'in the next days' so he might have already signed with someone else.

Archived