Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Absolutely not! No. I hate the idea that we would even think about signing a player solely on the basis that they are a 'big name'. If NP wants to sign a player who would fit the team well, who just happens to be well known, then that's fine, but signing a famous player just so you can sell shirts is a recipe for disaster. Fvck that.

In my eyes Nani is no different 'type' of player to Knockaert so, to myself, I don't think Nani would find it too difficult to establish himself in the team like Knockaert and Riyad have in the Championship. Will need to replace the left wing in my opinion as I believe Riyad is ill experienced to play in the premier and I don't Lloyd would hack it. Although I'm here to be proven wrong so let's see what happens next season eh boys?!

In my eyes Nani is no different 'type' of player to Knockaert so, to myself, I don't think Nani would find it too difficult to establish himself in the team like Knockaert and Riyad have in the Championship. Will need to replace the left wing in my opinion as I believe Riyad is ill experienced to play in the premier and I don't Lloyd would hack it. Although I'm here to be proven wrong so let's see what happens next season eh boys?!

Pearson's not up for "marquee signings" and that's exactly what Nani would be.

He is currently at the very opposite of Knockaert, whom I define as younger, hungrier and... on low(er) wages.

We'd have to pay way over the odds for Nani, whom I think is mainly living off a couple of decent seasons for Manchester United and a couple of good performances in the Portugal shirt.

His current contract runs until 2018 - can you imagine how many millions it would cost alone to buy him out of that contract first?

Pearson's not up for "marquee signings" and that's exactly what Nani would be.

He is currently at the very opposite of Knockaert, whom I define as younger, hungrier and... on low(er) wages.

We'd have to pay way over the odds for Nani, whom I think is mainly living off a couple of decent seasons for Manchester United and a couple of good performances in the Portugal shirt.

His current contract runs until 2018 - can you imagine how many millions it would cost alone to buy him out of that contract first?

Like i said as i mentioned my realistic targets, I wanted to to throw an ambitious outlook to what could be a very 'dry' summer transfer.

Like i said as i mentioned my realistic targets, I wanted to to throw an ambitious outlook to what could be a very 'dry' summer transfer.

More like unrealistic, really.

The title of this thread is what again...?

I'm sure most Southampton fans were wondering if most of there team could hack it but look at were they are now.lalana is arguably one of the best midfielders in the premiership

So what you're saying is the likes of Ki and Campbell are unrealistic summer targets? Well i be damned. 

They are certainly more realistic targets than one of the most expensive wingers worldwide with a contract running for another four years.

Fraizer Campbell cost Cardiff £650'000 last year - bargain.

Not that I'm saying Pearson would go for either him or Ki, mind. Ki alone cost Swansea £6m in transfer fees - and I think they paid a bit over the odds there.

no one who is paid over 30,000 so that rules out the majority of free agents that are decent

Not necessarily. If I were the manager and wanted a top quality free agent but needed to keep a £30k weekly wage cap, I would simply pay two or three million signing on fee to the player and still stick to the wage cap. Simple really!

If Pearson wants some proven Prem experience in defence to work with Morgan/Moore/Wasyl, John Heitinga's contract runs out this summer.  He's got bags of Prem experience and over 80 Dutch caps and he'd be the best player City have ever had whose been sent off in a World Cup final...

With all due respect to Logan, I do think we need a backup keeper.  I think Kasper will stay but I also think it's inevitable that one day he'll move on to a massive club - I can see it being next summer if he has a good full Prem season with City.  The problem is it's a tough sell to any player to come in knowing they'll be warming the bench as Kasper's backup - I think that rules out any keeper who has a regular starting spot elsewhere.

How about Jonathan Bond from Watford? He's in the England U21 squad but he's been limited to only 7 league appearances this season because Almunia is first choice.  There was a rumour of Newcastle being interested in January but that never materialised.  If he's second choice at Watford, it strikes me he'd have nothing to lose and everything to gain by becoming second choice at City - especially with the carrot of potentially stepping up into Kasper's boots when he eventually gets a big move elsewhere.

If Pearson wants some proven Prem experience in defence to work with Morgan/Moore/Wasyl, John Heitinga's contract runs out this summer.  He's got bags of Prem experience and over 80 Dutch caps and he'd be the best player City have ever had whose been sent off in a World Cup final...

With all due respect to Logan, I do think we need a backup keeper.  I think Kasper will stay but I also think it's inevitable that one day he'll move on to a massive club - I can see it being next summer if he has a good full Prem season with City.  The problem is it's a tough sell to any player to come in knowing they'll be warming the bench as Kasper's backup - I think that rules out any keeper who has a regular starting spot elsewhere.

How about Jonathan Bond from Watford? He's in the England U21 squad but he's been limited to only 7 league appearances this season because Almunia is first choice.  There was a rumour of Newcastle being interested in January but that never materialised.  If he's second choice at Watford, it strikes me he'd have nothing to lose and everything to gain by becoming second choice at City - especially with the carrot of potentially stepping up into Kasper's boots when he eventually gets a big move elsewhere.

Don't be silly now.

he is shit

Don't be silly now.

No he's right. He's better than that world cup winner we had, the highest capped england player we had, the 2nd highest england goalscorer we produced, plus that italian international who played for us a few times amongst others. You know. Worthington, weller lol

I recall seeing him mentioned but Lucas Piazon of Chelsea might be farmed out for Premier League experience next season, currently tearing it up at Vitesse. Looks a talent and would give us another option in linking attack / midfield.

Didn't Vydra really struggle quite badly in the latter half of last season? I know he bagged against us in the play-off second leg and he's hardly been given a massive crack of the whip at the Hawthorns but I'd be disappointed if he was our solution to finding the net in the top flight. Has youth on his side but I'm not convinced he's better than what we have, despite the fancy name, exotic nationality and tie to Udinese.

Realistically speaking yes Nani is a long shot. But I hope you would agree we would need a big signing this season, a 'star' if you will, not just for the team, but for the fans also.

Thorgan Hazard wants a chance in the premiership, looking to go out on loan again next season, looks a promising player and realistic one at that.

Honestly, how many times have you seen him play?

Archived