Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

We should be careful about who we pluck out of this league. Just look at Norwich... Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Becchio, Olsson all good at this level but are all a major part of a poor Norwich side. 

Exactly... And those players tend to have inflated values from doing well in the championship.

I'd rather us go out and sign players from the foreign leagues or experienced prem players than players from the championship. There's one or two exceptions (I'd take McManaman, for instance), but suggestions like Deeney, McCormack and Rhodes in my opinion would not be the best option for us. 

Guest Col city fan

Exactly... And those players tend to have inflated values from doing well in the championship.

I'd rather us go out and sign players from the foreign leagues or experienced prem players than players from the championship. There's one or two exceptions (I'd take McManaman, for instance), but suggestions like Deeney, McCormack and Rhodes in my opinion would not be the best option for us.

Who else is there?

Unless you want to take a punt on more foreign players? Or sign 'Premiership' players who are about to be relegated, who else is there to sign?

We aren't going to get established Prem players at established Prem clubs, or I very much doubt it.

So the field is narrowed.

Personally, I'd rather take current Championship players coming up, than ex-Championship players coming down from the Prem.

Guest Col city fan

We should be careful about who we pluck out of this league. Just look at Norwich... Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Becchio, Olsson all good at this level but are all a major part of a poor Norwich side.

And all part of a side who, to be fair, have stuck around in the Prem now for a bit of time.

It wasn't the Championship players who have fooked Norwich over this season, Snodgrass for instance, has been one of their best players.

No, it's been the likes of van Wolfswinkel.. the big money, foreign players who have been a complete flop.

From the Championship - Ulloa, big, strong, quite pacey and scores goals. Would do a job up top if we needed a lone striker. Antonio - again powerful and very fast left winger, but right footed. We have two Frenchmen that can play on the left and with Antonio and Dyer, we'd have two left sided players.

Would also like 3 or 4 more players from overseas, not because of the glamour, but I genuinely believe you can pick up technically more gifted players for a far more affordable fee. The risk is they turn out like Hellings or Keabi. However, I trust that Steve Walsh is one of the best in the business and will unearth several gems just like Knockaert and Mahrez.

Lastly a goalkeeper that can be understudy to Kasper (If he stays). Ben Hamer is not a bad shout and could develop into a top keeper as I'm sure Kasper has ambitions to be a top 6 keeper or even move abroad in a year or two.

Jordan Mutch and Caulker are no brainers for me. I'd take both in a heartbeat.

Mutch yes but Caulker  lol. No chance. He's got a buy back clause to Spurs in his contract and he's probably the best young English defender in the Prem so he'll be moving onto a much bigger club. I'd love him though.

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but if West Brom end up in trouble, what about Chris Brunt?

Yes!

If Norwich go down, Leroy Fer.

And even more Yes!  :ph34r:

Do like the look of Ulloa. Would obviously require Brighton to stay down.

Hard to gauge what our ambitions would be. Part of me thinks I'm being extremely unrealistic thinking of people like Scott Sinclair and Gylfi Sigurdsson but then why not? I'm still intrigued to see how Nigel will play the transfer market now that he has much more to spend.

If WBA drop what about Foster as a back up keeper? Also if Swansea don’t win today they will be on there way to relegation so what about Bony?  11 goals tin the perm in an average side is pretty decent. 

Also like the looks of shelvey but thats probably pushing it a bit.

If WBA drop what about Foster as a back up keeper? Also if Swansea don’t win today they will be on there way to relegation so what about Bony? 11 goals tin the perm in an average side is pretty decent.

Both unrealistic, Foster will want to be a number 1 and Bony will go to a bigger club if he was to move.

If WBA drop what about Foster as a back up keeper? Also if Swansea don’t win today they will be on there way to relegation so what about Bony? 11 goals tin the perm in an average side is pretty decent.

Bony no chance. He's done a brilliant job at Swansea. If he was looking for a move it would be to a bigger club. Foster on the other hand I would love here but if Kasper decides to stay on with us, which we hope, then Foster won't come here. He will be looking for first team football and frankly he might see us as a backwards step career move.

I would hate to sign McCormack, I don't rate him at all - Leeds are a poor team, if he doesn't score then they won't score.

I'd like to sign one/all of Hoolahan, Snodgrass and Redmond.

Adam Johnson is a bit of a prat, no thanks.

Archived