Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Not sure Pearson will go for players that haven't really impressed in faltering Premier teams. Perhaps he'll sign one player that we've all heard of, but I think the majority of signings will be from overseas or Top 6 fringe players. There are so many possibilities out there and I suppose buying not only the right player in terms of attitude, but how they fit into the jigsaw will determine who NP targets.

One thing Nigel does is keep his cards very close to his chest. Would be fascinated to know who they are looking at and how long they have been looking at them for.Walshy snr must be clocking up some serious airmiles. We seem to have had plans for next season for some time and hopefully we won't have to be paying well over the odds. We might have to spend serious money improving on what we have got but hopefully some of our fans will realise we already have a few 4/5/6 million pound players in the current squad.

Sure with an upcoming world cup and clubs still having lots to play for we may be in limbo for a bit longer with new players. Do not a lot of contracts come up end of May, (but happy to be corrected on that). We really seem to do our homework now and our transfer policy under Mr Pearson and his team  is very impressive.  

Bony will go to a bigger club if he was to move.

I think you are wrong, by bragger club you would mean someone in top 10? The only team in the top ten in need of a striker is maybe Chelsea, maybe even Arsenal. But Chelsea have got Lukaku coming back from Everton at the end of this season meaning that they possibly will not need a striker and also Bony is not good enough for them ATM. Arsenal also have Giroud already and will also want better quality than Bony meaning that once Lukaku has gone back to Chelsea the only team in the top ten needing a striker will be Everton seen as Bony is a similar type player to Lukaku they are the only team we will be competing with and although they offer european football Bony isn’t 100% going to make the first team therefore I think we can get him.

I think you are wrong, by bragger club you would mean someone in top 10? The only team in the top ten in need of a striker is maybe Chelsea, maybe even Arsenal. But Chelsea have got Lukaku coming back from Everton at the end of this season meaning that they possibly will not need a striker and also Bony is not good enough for them ATM. Arsenal also have Giroud already and will also want better quality than Bony meaning that once Lukaku has gone back to Chelsea the only team in the top ten needing a striker will be Everton seen as Bony is a similar type player to Lukaku they are the only team we will be competing with and although they offer european football Bony isn’t 100% going to make the first team therefore I think we can get him.

He'd move back abroad then, more established clubs is what I should have said.

After being involved in one relegation battle he won't want to be in another and perhaps he'd see us as a sideways move after playing in Europe, he'd want more than £30,000 I'd guess too.

I would hate to sign McCormack, I don't rate him at all - Leeds are a poor team, if he doesn't score then they won't score.

I'd like to sign one/all of Hoolahan, Snodgrass and Redmond.

Adam Johnson is a bit of a prat, no thanks.

I'd take Anthony pilkington over Snodgrass personally

Players that I'd take from the Championship:

• Rhodes
  • McManaman
  • Gomez
  • Adomah
  • Cresswell
  • Trippier
  • Anya

That's it.

These would probably be some of the best, as well as McCormack imo, although the prices of these players will be astronomical.

Trippier will be playing prem fotball next year anyway.

Cresswell and Trippier at Full Back though ... *dribble*

Most likely mentioned in this thread.

But surely we should be in a transfer battle with Adam Johnson? should Sunderland go down!

i don't think adam johnson has the amount of money behind him that we do. he'll lose that battle.

Am i the only one that doesn't get the Adam Johnson love in? Massively over rated because he had 2 or 3 good games in a row and has been distinctly average the rest of the time.

I remember him at Boro before he moved to Man City and he clearly had the talent but whats happened since then im not sure. Maybe he earned so much at Man City he's stopped caring. Over rated these days in my opinion though!

Loan

• Willy Zaha
  • Nick Powell

Full

• Tom Cleverley
  • Grant Hanley
  • MatÄ›j Vydra

Outs

• GTF
  • Hammond
  • Phillips (to coach)
  • Paul Gallagher
  • Wasilewski
  • Whitbread
  • St. Ledger
  • Bakayogo (season loan out)
  • Logan (Surplus to requirements)
  • Futacs (season loan,unless he's out of contract)

If Moyes is definant on not re-signing Cleverley, then he really is a fool! He's still a class midfielder.
Reason for him joining us? He did okay in his stint here, will develop playing every week in a prem team thats far more demanding competitvely than United, and he's on 30k a week which is our threshold!

Grant Hanley has looked great for Blackburn last few years, and captains them, he would be solid for us in the Prem.

Loan

• Willy Zaha
  • Nick Powell

Full

• Tom Cleverley
  • Grant Hanley
  • MatÄ›j Vydra

Outs

• GTF
  • Hammond
  • Phillips (to coach)
  • Paul Gallagher
  • Wasilewski
  • Whitbread
  • St. Ledger
  • Bakayogo (season loan out)
  • Logan (Surplus to requirements)
  • Futacs (season loan,unless he's out of contract)

Think I'd cry if that was our transfer activity. I'd be preparing for Championship life at some point with that. Don't want us to loan unproven youngsters from another team as when they improve we don't get any of the financial return and that's one of the best things about the current team; the value of it. We really need some established top flight players to compliment the young core we've got here.

Naughton could be a decent possibility. Only really gets games at spurs because of their injury list, and when he does its often at LB as opposed to his favoured RB. If we're offering him first team football I can see him being tempted.

No idea what sort of wage he'd command, though.

Naughton could be a decent possibility. Only really gets games at spurs because of their injury list, and when he does its often at LB as opposed to his favoured RB. If we're offering him first team football I can see him being tempted.

No idea what sort of wage he'd command, though.

Hes been awful.

Deidryck Boyata is out of contract this summer, would be worth a gamble IMHO. Strong, quick and at 23 still has his best years ahead of him. Mancini played him a fair bit but he's not been involved much at City this season so might well be interested.

Deidryck Boyata is out of contract this summer, would be worth a gamble IMHO. Strong, quick and at 23 still has his best years ahead of him. Mancini played him a fair bit but he's not been involved much at City this season so might well be interested.

Good shout.

Archived