Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Deidryck Boyata is out of contract this summer, would be worth a gamble IMHO. Strong, quick and at 23 still has his best years ahead of him. Mancini played him a fair bit but he's not been involved much at City this season so might well be interested.

Out of his depth against us and Blackburn this season.

Out of his depth against us and Blackburn this season.

Didn't have his best game but to be fair I think they're literally his only 2 appearances this season so it's little wonder he looked rusty. Has looked decent in his previous loan spells (Bolton / FC Twente) and when Mancini was playing him fairly regularly.

Guest Col city fan

Deidryck Boyata is out of contract this summer, would be worth a gamble IMHO. Strong, quick and at 23 still has his best years ahead of him. Mancini played him a fair bit but he's not been involved much at City this season so might well be interested.

Very good shout!

I'd Be looking at Gary medel if Cardiff go down, need a strong defensive midfielder and he looked class early in the season. Not heard much of him recently so don't know if he's been playing or not. Will probably fancy a move back abroad though.

I'd take a punt on Troy Deeney. Lots of goals in a crap but fairly creative side, and a complete centre-forward. Can play upfront alone or in a pair.

Would also be a brilliant ending to the Watford saga, to leave them festering down here and take their first-choice striker with us.

I'd take a punt on Troy Deeney. Lots of goals in a crap but fairly creative side, and a complete centre-forward. Can play upfront alone or in a pair.

Would also be a brilliant ending to the Watford saga, to leave them festering down here and take their first-choice striker with us.

Think he is the type we need. ( abilities wise anyway)

Teams that are promoted have the big advantage that 18 other teams do not know their strengths (and weaknesses). If you can hit the ground running like Blackpool did, you have a fair chance of staying up (I know Blackpool got found out, but they did go down with one of the highest points total ever). For that reason I hope NP concludes his business early with 4 or 5 permanent signings and 1 or 2 loan signings. Would like Vietto, Ulloa, Cresswell, Craig Dawson and Hamer on a permanent. Powell and Zaha on loan.

Depends on promotion and relegation of other teams (obviously). 

If Norwich go down (as they well might with their run in) then you'd look at Redmond, Hoolahan and Snodgrass and say all or any of those (particularly Snodgrass and Redmond) would be fantastic signings. 

If Sunderland go down then perhaps Wes Brown wouldn't be a bad idea as a wise head in defence (I'm less sure about this than the two I name above I admit). 

I'm sure there are further example that I can't be bothered to think about. Top end Champ/bttom end Prem though do have some gems amongst the dross. 

Archived