Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Probably on upwards of £80,000 - even if he hadn't of moved to Toronto he wouldn't move here.

He was doing nothing at Spurs before he went to the MLS, surprised some of the struggling teams didn't go for him like WBA or Fulham, get you at least 10 goals in a Premiership season.

Jason Puncheon in the Prem?

Damien Delaney in the Prem?

Alex Bruce in the Prem?

Etc etc etc...

Yes, and they are...? I admit that Puncheon and Delaney are having an extraordinary season right now, but so is everybody at Palace. All thanks to Pulis' regime.

The fact remains that these examples are rarities in the Premier League.

That's not to say our current first-teamers can't all make the step up.

I don't understand this tread. Pearson has specifically stated that he is not interested in any player linked so far.

We're not going to spend big/ splash the cash on expensive lay out- they're not worth it. They need to sign players who are quality!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshall - If Cardiff go down

Bardsley - Class act over the years in a poor sunderland side, crucial BPL experience and rarely looks out of place, also ex Man United.

Steven Caulker - Mentioned simply because i cannot think of anyone who is better than we have that is also realistic. Quality center half, but i wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Southampton sign him.

Mark Davies - Brilliant for us, albeit in league 1, and lets face it this is the type of midfieder we need when we play 3 in the center next season. Amazes me how reading the other thread that people would happily see us spend £6 million on the unknown Argentinian, but would be reluctant to spend just £2 million on the proven, but out of form Davies.

Ross Mccormack - Proven goalscorer. In a poor leeds side which create so few openings, just goes to show how clinical he is. Cannot lose in signing him in my opinion, also works hard and from his cardiff days can play out wide.

Fabio Borini - Quality forward, capable of scoring against any side in the top flight, can play up top or out wide, works hard, and with liverpool in the champions league and likely to win the league i can see them open to letting him leave.

Marshall - If Cardiff go down

Bardsley - Class act over the years in a poor sunderland side, crucial BPL experience and rarely looks out of place, also ex Man United.

Steven Caulker - Mentioned simply because i cannot think of anyone who is better than we have that is also realistic. Quality center half, but i wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Southampton sign him. 8 MILLION POUNDS!

Mark Davies - Brilliant for us, albeit in league 1, and lets face it this is the type of midfieder we need when we play 3 in the center next season. Amazes me how reading the other thread that people would happily see us spend £6 million on the unknown Argentinian, but would be reluctant to spend just £2 million on the proven, but out of form Davies.

Ross Mccormack - Proven goalscorer. In a poor leeds side which create so few openings, just goes to show how clinical he is. Cannot lose in signing him in my opinion, also works hard and from his cardiff days can play out wide.

Fabio Borini - Quality forward, capable of scoring against any side in the top flight, can play up top or out wide, works hard, and with liverpool in the champions league and likely to win the league i can see them open to letting him leave.

Since Walsh seems to have a thing for the French Ligue 2, I would expect Andy Delort at Tours has been looked at. 

22 yo, playing in an average team but still 2nd in the league for goals and 3rd in the league for assists.  From what I have seen, could have the strength and pace to fit the English game.

I don't understand this tread. Pearson has specifically stated that he is not interested in any player linked so far.

We're not going to spend big/ splash the cash on expensive lay out- they're not worth it. They need to sign players who are quality!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point of this thread is "hey everyone, look at how much I know about football, I've seen this obscure footballer on FIFA / Football Manager / Eurosport."

The point of this thread is "hey everyone, look at how much I know about football, I've seen this obscure footballer on FIFA / Football Manager / Eurosport."

From my point of view it is to take the piss out of people who suggest 38 year olds who have finally had 1 good season.

Darren Bent

Not a rumour, just a question. If Fulham go down, which is quite likely given their current position, would anyone welcome Darren Bent at the club?

I can imagine he'd demand high wages in comparison to our current players but when he plays he score.s. Just been out of favour with current managers.

Thoughts?

Delort could be one of them, but I am probably only saying that as someone presumably ITK stated we're interested in him

Cheers. Didn't know we'd been linked to him, but it makes a lot of sense given how much scouting we do in France. He seems to be the stand out player in the 2nd tier this year.

Archived