Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Mahrez will be worth 20 million at those prices

Precisely why NP doesn't want to spend silly money. Clearly in the Prem players cost far, far more than they're worth, particularly from English clubs. It's about finding value. Jarvis is not good value at £12m, Livermore definitely not good value at £6m when you can find alternative for far less. Will be difficult to spend on a shoestring now we're a Prem club saying that - prices just go up. Even top end Championship payers are getting towards £10m these days!

Guest Col city fan

9m for Matt Jarvis!

lol lol lol

However.. 6 mill for Livermore? That I could (just) about go for. He's only going to improve and is very mobile.

Guest Col city fan

I'd like to see this Moses Odubajo from Orient at a higher level, he looks very good

In a couple of years maybe.

Wolves ran him ragged.

I think Tom Cleverly would be a good addition if man utd find him surplus to requirements. Also think NP would make him a better player and having played for us all be it L1 and already knows NP could be a advantage if he was to leave.

Does anyone agree? or what do you think?

I think Tom Cleverly would be a good addition if man utd find him surplus to requirements. Also think NP would make him a better player and having played for us all be it L1 and already knows NP could be a advantage if he was to leave.

Does anyone agree? or what do you think?

Far too expensive

spend.gif

I notice Ryan Tunnicliffe has been told he can leave Fulham at the end of the season. Seems to have an attitude problem but we've been linked with him before and he's obviously got that strong Manchester United connection.

Not a bad shout and certainly fits 'realistic', I've not seen him play much - is he any good? By that I mean would he be someone we would have targeted if we hadn't gone up rather than now?

Mame Biram Diouf? (sorry for bold) decent striker, with the pace pearson likes to have from most his players; plus out of contract in the summer...

Wolfsburg are after him. :ph34r:

Everyone needs to wake the fxck up with this Cleverly bollocks. He's been crap for Man U, crap for England and he'd be crap for us. Surely you have to question his quality if he's going from winning the title last year....to coming to a newly promoted side 2 years later?!?!?

Another thing is his wages, none of us know exactly how much he's on, I'm sure it's more than we imagine, can you really see him taking a pay cut to play an (arguably) lower standard of football?

We don't want him, we don't need him, he along with others have been the reason for united's downfall this season! We need to be clever in the transfer market...not fxcking clueless!

Guest Col city fan

Was thinking about the call for Steve Sidwell. As much as I rate him, I didn't realise till last night he's 31. I wonder how much longer he could cut it at Prem level if we were to sign him. Personally, I doubt we will.

Guest Col city fan

Everyone needs to wake the fxck up with this Cleverly bollocks. He's been crap for Man U, crap for England and he'd be crap for us. Surely you have to question his quality if he's going from winning the title last year....to coming to a newly promoted side 2 years later?!?!?

Another thing is his wages, none of us know exactly how much he's on, I'm sure it's more than we imagine, can you really see him taking a pay cut to play an (arguably) lower standard of football?

We don't want him, we don't need him, he along with others have been the reason for united's downfall this season! We need to be clever in the transfer market...not fxcking clueless!

I actually couldn't disagree more with this. I think Cleverley himself has fallen foul of all the nonsense going on at Utd. In Cleverley, there's a player who has proven he can perform and perform well. I don't think he's a top player AND I don't think he's England material above the other options. But an on-form Tom Cleverley playing well in a Leicester shirt? C'mon people... I'd be happy to see him in our squad.

I actually couldn't disagree more with this. I think Cleverley himself has fallen foul of all the nonsense going on at Utd. In Cleverley, there's a player who has proven he can perform and perform well. I don't think he's a top player AND I don't think he's England material above the other options. But an on-form Tom Cleverley playing well in a Leicester shirt? C'mon people... I'd be happy to see him in our squad.

Who does he replace then Col? He's hardly shown as much promise this season as the likes of Drinkwater and James (yes I know he's been playing in a top division unlike our players before anyone jumps on that) and they both deserve a chance in the big time more than anyone, and I think he'd be a sodding expensive back up player.

You say he's fallen foul of everything going on at united? Who have been having a tough season. Top players rise against adversity and he hasn't, he's shown he can't handle the pressure, both for united and england and he's let his performances drop and he hasn't shone. No matter what people think, we're more than likely going to be in a relegation scrap next season and I don't see him performing well in that situation.

I just think there's better midfielders out there....and besides he strikes me as the type of player that far up his own arse he wouldn't dream of coming to leicester city after he's been playing regularly for Man U, seems to me as if he thinks he's too big time for his own good.

Guest Col city fan

Who does he replace then Col? He's hardly shown as much promise this season as the likes of Drinkwater and James (yes I know he's been playing in a top division unlike our players before anyone jumps on that) and they both deserve a chance in the big time more than anyone, and I think he'd be a sodding expensive back up player.

You say he's fallen foul of everything going on at united? Who have been having a tough season. Top players rise against adversity and he hasn't, he's shown he can't handle the pressure, both for united and england and he's let his performances drop and he hasn't shone. No matter what people think, we're more than likely going to be in a relegation scrap next season and I don't see him performing well in that situation.

I just think there's better midfielders out there....and besides he strikes me as the type of player that far up his own arse he wouldn't dream of coming to leicester city after he's been playing regularly for Man U, seems to me as if he thinks he's too big time for his own good.

Firstly mate, I don't have the faintest clue about his personality. Do you, really?

Secondly, if he's not been up for a dogfight at Man U, well which of their bloody players have?

Thirdly and most importantly, its not about who he would replace at City. Its a squad game and we'll need a bigger squad of quality replacements to bring in when needed. I'd like to see a midfield of Cleverley, James and Drinky with King on the bench, for example. And another good CM around. Mix and match according to fitness and style of play.

Firstly mate, I don't have the faintest clue about his personality. Do you, really?

Secondly, if he's not been up for a dogfight at Man U, well which of their bloody players have?

Thirdly and most importantly, its not about who he would replace at City. Its a squad game and we'll need a bigger squad of quality replacements to bring in when needed. I'd like to see a midfield of Cleverley, James and Drinky with King on the bench, for example. And another good CM around. Mix and match according to fitness and style of play.

Well I can tell he's an arsehole, just like all the other dog shit players at united, I can tell you that much.

Exactly, so why look at any if their players? I wouldn't sign any of them they don't deserve to wear that united shirt, nor any professional football teams colours for that matter (I can't stand united by the way)

Shall we just dig up all the other Man United rejects for our midfield yeah?

He's a step back, we'll agree to disagree.

First it's their songs, now it's their players, soon enough if Pearson gets the sack this forum will go mad for David Moyes to replace him...then you'll have no cleverly, Drinkwater or James, it'll be fxcking Fellaini on his own.

Archived