Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

People have scored lots of goals in the Dutch league and been shite elsewhere but others have been great, didn't Bony score lots in holland?

I'd put a bid in for him if its not stupid. Between 1.5-2 million highest and if not then leave it. We'd need to sign another decent finisher (likely not a 15 goal a season striker though), possibly that Vietto? Either way he could prove useful if he turned good here.

I don't see him being linked anywhere.

But this is a player who I think will fit well into our team, he has scored endless goals in Holland over the past couple of season's, not just this season. 

Good finisher, and a player who I'd love here, still fairly young as well, and will more than likely move this summer anyway. 

I'd put a bid in for him if its not stupid. Between 1.5-2 million highest and if not then leave it. We'd need to sign another decent finisher (likely not a 15 goal a season striker though), possibly that Vietto? Either way he could prove useful if he turned good here.

Behave, we want class players we'll get the checkbook out. I'll be amazed if we don't break the transfer record this summer.

Behave, we want class players we'll get the checkbook out. I'll be amazed if we don't break the transfer record this summer.

Exactly this, Pearson is liberated now, granted he's still very principled as a manger but if he feels he needs to spend £15 million on a striker hell do it. He won't get hung up on transfer fees because he's not Sean Dyche.

We'll definitely get the check book out, don't get me wrong, but I don't think Pearson is the type to enter a mega-inflated bidding war for a untested player, at least without the backing of Walshie on it.

I can see us spending around £6-8 million on a player, as I mentioned that Vietto, but I see him getting some bargains as well :thumbup:

However, if we are priced out of a deal for him, if anything comes of it, then Luc Castaignos of Twente should be looked at, 21 years old, 6ft2 powerful striker, 14 goals this season, compared to Henry, and would probably be cheaper than Finnbogason. 

I really believe we will get a player like this though, I can't see us buying a striker from the Prem or Championship, and as Pearson said himself many people probably wouldn't of even heard of the names he wants, so we should basically stop brandishing around Premier League crap, and get on the foreign bandwagon again. 

Commentary: Umtiti to Selcuk, who plays it out wide to Diafro Sakho and a lovely through ball to Finnbogason who finishes it nicely.

Commentary by Alan Young: Sam to Ian, who plays it out wide to Neil and a lovely through ball to Fin...fin...fin.... Alf who finishes it nicely.

Commentary by Ian Stringer: I don't believe it Alan a Bird just flew right past me and landed on someones hat in front... oh it's a goal.

We'll definitely get the check book out, don't get me wrong, but I don't think Pearson is the type to enter a mega-inflated bidding war for a untested player, at least without the backing of Walshie on it.

I can see us spending around £6-8 million on a player, as I mentioned that Vietto, but I see him getting some bargains as well :thumbup:

Finnbogason is an established international, a proven goalscorer and a solid all round, modern centre forward in his mid twenties.

He's been chased by a number of Prem clubs, if Pearson and Walsh want to pay ten million for him it'd be a less risky investment in spending 8m on an unknown Argentine kid that's never been to Europe.

People WANT Vietto to come and WANT Vietto to be brilliant but he's a complete and total unknown.

Finnbogason is an established international, a proven goalscorer and a solid all round, modern centre forward in his mid twenties.

He's been chased by a number of Prem clubs, if Pearson and Walsh want to pay ten million for him it'd be a less risky investment in spending 8m on an unknown Argentine kid that's never been to Europe.

People WANT Vietto to come and WANT Vietto to be brilliant but he's a complete and total unknown.

I guess it's down to the scouts really. I'd imagine Walshy and his network does/will/can know a lot more than we do about their progression and attitude. Both are promising so we'll have to see whether we pick them up or not.

Archived