Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Indeed. I've no reason to doubt Walsh.

I cringe every time some moron claims a player is crap because he's only scoring goals in Scotland or Holland or anywhere with a shit league. You can only play what's infront of you.

Vardy had only scored goals in the Conference before he came here. Look at Jelavic, Bony, etc. Or Neymar, or Ronaldo - it's not like the South American or Portuguese leagues are amazing.

Falcao used to ply his trade at a shit level.

All of that said, I might be getting him mixed up with the lad at Ajax when I said I'd seen him.

Or I may have seen both!

Probably, lad from Ajax is Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, also Icelandic, both very similar. 

Indeed. I've no reason to doubt Walsh.

I cringe every time some moron claims a player is crap because he's only scoring goals in Scotland or Holland or anywhere with a shit league. You can only play what's infront of you.

Vardy had only scored goals in the Conference before he came here. Look at Jelavic, Bony, etc. Or Neymar, or Ronaldo - it's not like the South American or Portuguese leagues are amazing.

Falcao used to ply his trade at a shit level.

Exactly this. Considering Pearson's statement about his targets would be unknown I'd imagine he might put in a higher bid for this lad should he see him good enough.

Commentary: Umtiti to Selcuk, who plays it out wide to Diafro Sakho and a lovely through ball to Finnbogason who finishes it nicely.

Commentary by Alan Young: Sam to Ian, who plays it out wide to Neil and a lovely through ball to Fin...fin...fin.... Alf who finishes it nicely.

Commentary by Ian Stringer: I don't believe it Alan a Bird just flew right past me and landed on someones hat in front... oh it's a goal.

lol lol lol

Behave, we want class players we'll get the checkbook out. I'll be amazed if we don't break the transfer record this summer.

Wouldn't go as far as "amazed" and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't break the record. They'll have found some hidden gems as per.

Wouldn't go as far as "amazed" and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't break the record. They'll have found some hidden gems as per.

It'd be nice if you're right but I don't see £6m as being all that much in the modern market. As good as we hope Walsh, Pearson & Team are (and as good as we hope the current squad already is), you'd have to imagine that if we want to bring in four or five signings to make us a genuinely competitive Premier League team then we're going to end up shelving out more than that at some point.

I'd be delighted to be wrong and for us to buck the trend but I can't see it, especially if the owners provide a similar kitty to Cardiff, Southampton and co' following promotion.

Pearsonally I think we'll bring 1 or 2 younger (hungry but not in the GTF way) English players

Into the squad mostly because they don't count as part of the 25 man squad but secondly it helps maintain a good core of English players which is probably why the team spirit is so great and this is arguably more important than any players.

i am a wba fan and congrats for getting promoted but one thing u need to do is splash the cash to stay up were struggling as we don't spend money compared to like southampton or everton who are doing well because they spend money but one player i've saw recently that no1 has took a gamble on is

GYLFI SIGURÃSSON  he doesn't play much so why not only cost around 8 million i reckon

Would anyone take Charles N'zogbia? Not sure what's happened to him at villa, has he been injured?

Always thought he was a decent player and maybe the sort of player Pearson could get the best out of. Would take a gamble personally if on suitable wages.

Would anyone take Charles N'zogbia? Not sure what's happened to him at villa, has he been injured?

Always thought he was a decent player and maybe the sort of player Pearson could get the best out of. Would take a gamble personally if on suitable wages.

Think he's got a touch of the "Big Time Charlie" about him, hasn't he? I vaguely recall a situation at at least one club where he acted a prat.

Archived