Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

We need to go for some well known established names.

Darren Bent

Micah Richards

Damien Duff

Jermaine Pennant

Get that chequebook out!!

Could be Ade Akinbiyi all over again with some of these signings

Bent / Duff past it

Pennant - never done anything at Prem level, or Championship for that matter

Richards - decent, but wouldn't come to us - probably wouldn't fit the mould either

This whole "fit the mould" thing is beginning to annoy me. Yes I hope we keep our trend of going for so called young hungry players but if you're saying you wouldn't take Micah Richards because he might try 10-15% less than our current players then you're stupid. He is a darn sight better than any defenders we have.

That said we couldn't afford his wages obviously.

This whole "fit the mould" thing is beginning to annoy me. Yes I hope we keep our trend of going for so called young hungry players but if you're saying you wouldn't take Micah Richards because he might try 10-15% less than our current players then you're stupid. He is a darn sight better than any defenders we have.

More players who would "fit the mould"...CLAYton Blackmore, Stan BOWELS, Alan GLAZIER, David PRESSMAN, Ted BAKER, Richmond FUDDER.... Take your pick they can all play.

As for 'fitting the mould' I think mistakes can always be made. Example being the debacle of Osvaldo at Southampton. We just need players that are going to fight for the cause, particularly when things go bad in games or the season, and have attributes that make us better, and dangerous in the right areas. For me, players like Darren Bent etc would not fit this criteria, from what I have seen.

I can see Pearson really going for more pace though. He clearly likes to give the oppo something to think about even when they don't have the ball. Like this season, have the ball all you want but don't lose it because .vardy, nuge, mahrez, dyer, de laet, schlupp are waiting

Perhaps I'm stupid, but we've had big time Charlie's at the club before, who have nothing to prove and what did they achieve -  Jack all. I'm not disputing Richards isn't a good defender, but a) he can probably pick bigger clubs than ours, b) demand higher wages than can offer  c) What I mean about fitting the mould are people who may not upset the balance and see the move to Leicester as a step up. I'm not questioning his ability, but I'm not sure he would be motivated to join our club. Look at our signings, not many have signed from a club where they may see it as a backward step. I think Micah would see it as huge step down.

Ain't we got super rich billionaires owning the club saying well only spend 30 grand a week on players is silly and gonna limit what we can and Carnt get if we are serious about competing in this league I think we need to be more flexible when it comes to players like Richards

But people like Micah Richards don't hold any value, which is something Pearson has (thankfully) been doing for a while. He's spoke of the players we had who cost plenty of pound notes and were on even more, some of which had to go on frees, purely because they were not good enough, had no reason to push themselves and held little to no resale value!

Micah Richards, duff, bent etc are all players I could see alongside that vastly paid rubbish at qpr such as SWP, andy Johnson, bobby Zamora etc etc etc etc

Archived