Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

I'd love to Ravel Morrison playing for us. Class player and it seems he may have changed attitude.

Isn't he only on loan at QPR? I can't see West Ham letting him go for cheap given the potential he has (regardless of attitude).

33 now, isn't he? He's hardly going to be bombing down the right flank and putting crosses in like De Laet is he? Pace is one of our main assets as a team right now, why would we bring in someone who would actively go against that?

Didn't say I wanted us to sign him.

Just don't see why people, think he is shit, he can be a very decent player.

Isn't he only on loan at QPR? I can't see West Ham letting him go for cheap given the potential he has (regardless of attitude).

Yes he's only on loan and he probably wouldn't be cheap but he has huge potential, Man U really didn't want him to leave he just wouldn't stop hanging around with his dodgy mates from all accounts.

His situation at West Ham is complicated by him refusing to sign into Nolan and Big Sam's agent.

They are purposely asking for a high price on him.

Didn't say I wanted us to sign him.

Just don't see why people, think he is shit, he can be a very decent player.

So you thought you'd bring him up in a thread about realistic signings for us next season, but you don't want him to sign? Bizarre.

As for the people saying Pearson wouldn't go for Morrison because of his attitude - wasn't Kerrea Gilbert a bit of a wrong'un? Nigel got the best out of him. And I've seen a few of our current first team out and about in town getting pissed up, Knockaert's been known to smash a few mobile phones in his time too. I think Morrison's a bit of a victim of his own reputation unfortunately, I don't think he's that bad. Worth a gamble on loan I reckon.

Yes he's only on loan and he probably wouldn't be cheap but he has huge potential, Man U really didn't want him to leave he just wouldn't stop hanging around with his dodgy mates from all accounts.

His situation at West Ham is complicated by him refusing to sign into Nolan and Big Sam's agent.

They are purposely asking for a high price on him.

He has a clause in his contract that if a club bids £10million and West Ham don't accept it his wage automatically gets bumped up to circa 60k per week from nearer 30k at the moment.

West Ham aren't going to want to keep him. By all accounts he's sorted himself out and the reason he left West Ham was because he was refusing to switch from his long existing agent to Allardyce's agent who also represents Nolan and a whole host of West Ham players. If that stand off continues are they really going to want to keep a player on 60k per week who they won't play?!

Probably not. So at the very most Morrison is available for £10million.

Is he worth that? In a day and age where Will Hughes is supposedly worth similar and Luke Shaw is meant to be worth £30million then I'd say so, yes. The lad is absolute class and clearly far too good to be playing in The Championship. I saw something the other week where he was pretty much top in the league for goals, assists and pass completion simultaneously out of every other player!

Guest Col city fan

He has a clause in his contract that if a club bids £10million and West Ham don't accept it his wage automatically gets bumped up to circa 60k per week from nearer 30k at the moment.

West Ham aren't going to want to keep him. By all accounts he's sorted himself out and the reason he left West Ham was because he was refusing to switch from his long existing agent to Allardyce's agent who also represents Nolan and a whole host of West Ham players. If that stand off continues are they really going to want to keep a player on 60k per week who they won't play?!

Probably not. So at the very most Morrison is available for £10million.

Is he worth that? In a day and age where Will Hughes is supposedly worth similar and Luke Shaw is meant to be worth £30million then I'd say so, yes. The lad is absolute class and clearly far too good to be playing in The Championship. I saw something the other week where he was pretty much top in the league for goals, assists and pass completion simultaneously out of every other player!

lol

I was shouted down for 'daring' to suggest that he would probably be the player to take QPR up. I still believe he will be. Morrison has been exceptional at QPR and Uncle Arry has done very well to get the best out of Morrison.

Just watching him at City, you could see the potential he has.

I'd like Morrison at City, but, as Babs said, I doubt he'd be on Pearson's radar.

So you thought you'd bring him up in a thread about realistic signings for us next season, but you don't want him to sign? Bizarre.

I didn't Tuna did, Dan laughed at the suggestion, but I was just saying the suggestion wasn't bad, because I think Tony Hibbert is actually decent.

lol

I was shouted down for 'daring' to suggest that he would probably be the player to take QPR up. I still believe he will be. Morrison has been exceptional at QPR and Uncle Arry has done very well to get the best out of Morrison.

Just watching him at City, you could see the potential he has.

I'd like Morrison at City, but, as Babs said, I doubt he'd be on Pearson's radar.

I don't think anyone on here has ever suggested that Ravel Morrison is not a very good player. The ridicule largely stemmed from the fact that 'Uncle Harry' had already signed a large number of midfielders already this season (Danny Murphy, Karl Henry, Tom Carroll, Gary O'Neil, Benayoun, Kranjcar, Matt Phillips et al), and yet despite this large investment, somehow he had failed to acquire the correct balance to achieve promotion, and that to fix this he needed another midfielder, who has made the breakthrough to the full England squad, is very highly rated and is on Premier League wages, to get promotion. Getting Ravel Morrison to play well in the Championship is Harry doing 'very well'? Jesus Christ, that's the least that should be expected. Lee Clark managed to achieve that at Brum.

Harry Redknapp has had a massive budget to spend this season, dwarfing that available to all other Championship managers. He was given big money to spend on the previous season's Championship top scorer, plus many other players, lots of which were coming from top leagues and picking up a hefty paycheck. Given all these resources, the best he has managed is to get into the playoffs, well off the auto promotion place. If he does win the playoffs, he has accomplished the bare minimum of what has been expected of him this season, by the skin of his teeth. That's not genius management, it's a barely acceptable bungled mess.

I'm surprised your so keen to defend 'Arry, he's basically no more than a Cockney Sven.

Archived