Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Been a fan of Nathan Dyer for a while, seems to always put in a decent effort...one Dyer for another?!

Pearson sold him to Swansea when they were battling relegation. Sounds to me like he didn't rate him then.

Joel Campbell has done nothing? So playing Champions League football this season with Olympiakos is nothing?

Harry Kane has played European football this year. David May won the Champions League. 

Olympiakos got into the Champions League and loaned a shit player called Joel Campbell. This does not make hima  quality player. Did he set the tournament alight?

Harry Kane has played European football this year. David May won the Champions League. 

Olympiakos got into the Champions League and loaned a shit player called Joel Campbell. This does not make hima  quality player. Did he set the tournament alight?

Well, in your first post about Campbell you said:

"Joel Campbell has done nothing anywhere since being the next big thing".

Surely, scoring goals (even if it's just one in the Champions League and that against Manchester United) is not "nothing".

I'm not saying he's the best thing next to sliced bread, but he's definitely not as "shit" as you want to make him out.

Plus, Arsenal are known for nurturing young talent. Campbell's only 21 years old and can only improve.

Phil bardsley - solid, in my opinion one of the best and most consistent right backs in the league.

The ravel morrison one is interesting, you could argue that nige will get the best out of him, but also remember the amount of lads in the squad who have played with him, i would like to think they could nurture him along.....

Add the likes of mark davies, a powerful striker in the Bony/drogba mould, a center half and a winger and i think we have the makings of a side capable of challenging to stay up.

................................kasper

bardsley.....moore.................morgan......schlupp

..................james..................drinky

.mahrez..................morison...................knocky

................................vardy

Plenty of youth and legs in that side....also got the likes of nuge, dyer, king, de laet on the bench.

Guest Col city fan

I don't think anyone on here has ever suggested that Ravel Morrison is not a very good player. The ridicule largely stemmed from the fact that 'Uncle Harry' had already signed a large number of midfielders already this season (Danny Murphy, Karl Henry, Tom Carroll, Gary O'Neil, Benayoun, Kranjcar, Matt Phillips et al), and yet despite this large investment, somehow he had failed to acquire the correct balance to achieve promotion, and that to fix this he needed another midfielder, who has made the breakthrough to the full England squad, is very highly rated and is on Premier League wages, to get promotion. Getting Ravel Morrison to play well in the Championship is Harry doing 'very well'? Jesus Christ, that's the least that should be expected. Lee Clark managed to achieve that at Brum.

Harry Redknapp has had a massive budget to spend this season, dwarfing that available to all other Championship managers. He was given big money to spend on the previous season's Championship top scorer, plus many other players, lots of which were coming from top leagues and picking up a hefty paycheck. Given all these resources, the best he has managed is to get into the playoffs, well off the auto promotion place. If he does win the playoffs, he has accomplished the bare minimum of what has been expected of him this season, by the skin of his teeth. That's not genius management, it's a barely acceptable bungled mess.

I'm surprised your so keen to defend 'Arry, he's basically no more than a Cockney Sven.

:yawn:

If you read through the various threads that have contained QPR stuff and Redknapp stuff, what I've consistently argued is not to write off QPR in terms of promotion. There was a spate of highly critical posts when QPR were having their blip, suggesting they'd shit-out etc. I wasn't convinced.

There is also a school of thought, apparently shared by many Rangers fans, that Redknapp aint done a bad job in turning round such a mess of a squad that he inherited. He had them top of the league for quite some time, before losing Austin.

Unlike many, I don't dislike Arry. He's always come across to me as a bit of a cockney wide boy but I find him entertaining.

I've said many times that his project this season is a gamble. If it pays off, he will be seen by the Hoops fans as a hero. If not, he would have failed.

To compare him to Sven is ridiculous. Redknapp apparently spends far more time looking at players, on the training ground and talking in the dressing room than Sven ever did.

But, this is futile... people prefer to slate him, fine... thats their perogative. Personally, I've never minded him and still fancy QPR for the play-offs.

Oh, and finally... Morrison (who I thought was the subject matter under discussion?).. yes, I maintain he's a super talent and yes, Redknapp clearly has him playing very very well (see stats above).

Olympiakos got into the Champions League and loaned a shit player called Joel Campbell. This does not make hima quality player. Did he set the tournament alight?

Do you watch a lot of Greek football, Arsenal youth games and Costa Rica games? I admit to knowing very little about him other than seeing him in the 2 legs vs Man Utd where he showed flashes of brilliance and from reading he's highly rated at Arsenal. I'm intrigued as to where you've picked up this insight in to how shit he is.

Guest Col city fan

Anthony Pilkington. Got a good cross on him and can score goals

I always used to like Pilkington, but I've got a few mates living in Norfolk who tell me he's apparently too inconsistent buddy. Can be great one week, but goes missing the next.

No better than our two little Frenchman, and maybe not as good.

Snodgrass is a better option imo.

Do you watch a lot of Greek football, Arsenal youth games and Costa Rica games? I admit to knowing very little about him other than seeing him in the 2 legs vs Man Utd where he showed flashes of brilliance and from reading he's highly rated at Arsenal. I'm intrigued as to where you've picked up this insight in to how shit he is.

On 27 October 2013, Campbell starred in Olympiacos' win over rivals OFI Crete, picking up four assists to help his side win 5–1.[13] Campbell impressed again on 10 November, scoring once and earning two assists as Olympiacos thrashed PAOK Thessaloniki 4–0

I always used to like Pilkington, but I've got a few mates living in Norfolk who tell me he's apparently too inconsistent buddy. Can be great one week, but goes missing the next.

No better than our two little Frenchman, and maybe not as good.

Snodgrass is a better option imo.

Ah right, maybe not then.

I just think we need a winger that can put in good crosses 9 out of 10 times. I see Knocky becoming more central for us and James and Drinkwater playing behind him with one striker up top.

Guest Col city fan

Ah right, maybe not then.

I just think we need a winger that can put in good crosses 9 out of 10 times. I see Knocky becoming more central for us and James and Drinkwater playing behind him with one striker up top.

Agree with you 100%..

The media would have us believe we tried to get him on loan but he chose West Ham. Likewise Benayoun whom both aren't what I'd expect Nigel to go for.

Well I don't tend to believe the media... what better to get a few more £'s out of QPR than to make them think their biggest rival at the time as also after these players.

He's young, he has something to prove and if he's changed hist attitude he could be a great signing for the club.

I will repeat, I couldn't see Pearson touching him in a million years. Attitude is everything to Pearson and he won't be taking risks on people with a history of having a bad one I can't imagine.

Guest Col city fan

I will repeat, I couldn't see Pearson touching him in a million years. Attitude is everything to Pearson and he won't be taking risks on people with a history of having a bad one I can't imagine.

I tend to agree..

Still people brandish around Premier League players. 

We might get one or two, but I think the majority of our signings will be young and hungry foreign talent.

It wouldn't surprise me if we sign more French players than we do English players  lol

This is where I come to Foreign Pick Of The Day...Toulouse striker Wissam Ben Yedder(He is French so be excited)

Wouldn't be too surprised if he's in Walshies little black book. Have seen him on TV two or three times this season and he has stood out. Thought he wasn't dissimilar to Knocky.

Not bad in the air for a little 'un either! 

I wouldn't be surprised either.

Maybe I should be second scout. 

At least of the foreign players I've mentioned, most are realistic shouts, and not crap.

You've claimed just about all of our best signings will be shit before they've played a game. I think it's safe to say that no one cares who you think we should sign.

You've claimed just about all of our best signings will be shit before they've played a game. I think it's safe to say that no one cares who you think we should sign.

Shut up, you love me really.

Archived