Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Here's my suggestions, a little ambitious but as Pearson said, we're not going into the Premier League to make the numbers up. Want to add a winger to the below list but can't think of anyone right now. Anyways, all of the below plus a winger would be lovely.

Davide Santon - Newcastle - RB/LB

Can play as either an attacking right back or left back, good on the ball and on the fringes of the Italy team. Why buy a left back AND a right back if we can have one player versatile enough to play both positions? 

Ignasi Miquel - Arsenal - CB

Not featured as much as he would have liked this season but every time i've watched him I have been impressed, seems to have a fantastic attitude. Good distribution for a CB and a player I think has a lot of potential.

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs - CAM/LM

A player on the fringes of the Spurs first team but may look elsewhere to get first team football like Caulker? Great vision and is more than capable of chipping in with a goal or two. Quality from set pieces.

Ahmed Musa - CSKA Moscow - ST

Pacey striker who I think has a big future in the game, would probably cost around 8/9 million. Him and Vardy upfront would be a nightmare for defences.

Gylfi Sigurdsson is a good shout and the type of midfielder we should be looking to bring in as he is better than what we have got imo, we need quality competition to push on Drinkwater/ James, Hammond imo and King to a lesser extent won't.

Vincent Aboubakar- FC Lorient

Michael Krohn-Delhi- Celta Vigo

Matej Vydra- Udinese

Jamie Paterson- Nottingham Forest

Craig Bryson- Derby County

Patrick Bamford- Chelsea

Thomas Ince- Blackpool

Ashkan Dejagah- Fulham

Wilfried Zaha- Manchester United

Lucciano Vietto- Racing Club

Dymtro Chygrinski- Shakhtar Donetsk

I've missed your lists :wub:

Come to a conclusion, of who I'd like us to sign.

CB - John Anthony Brooks/Tommy Smith - Brooks a young and upcoming international defender, has pace about him, and is a complete tank standing at 6ft4. I've liked the look of Ipswich's Tommy Smith this season, one of a few defenders who I think is capable of making the step up to Premier League level, tall defender who has been a danger from set pieces.

LB - Aaron Cresswell - I think it's inevitable, if we are looking for a left-back, we will try and sign Cresswell, in the PFA Team of The Year again, so he must be doing something right, can see a battle though to secure his services.

CM - Jack Cork - A team like ours, would give him much more game time, I think he would be the perfect foil for Drinkwater & James, calm on the ball, and covers the whole of midfield.

AM/WG/ST - Wissam Ben Yedder - As he is currently plying his trade in France, and wouldn't cost endless amounts, I wouldn't be surprised if he is on Pearson's radar, I think he would be perfect in behind the main striker, and the possbility of he and Mahrez linking up, makes my mouth water.

ST - Luc Castiagnos/Alfred Finnbogason - Either one of these from the Eredivisie will do nicely, Castiagnos athletic, powerful striker who knows where the net is, something we are crying out for at Premier League level, only 21 years of age as well. If not then Finnbogason would be another ideal choice, great finisher who will more than likely move clubs anyway.

Signed

Kingfox aka Mark_w's bitch aka The Bellend

Gylfi's last game for Reading against us was one of the best Championship level performances i've seen. He was unplayable and scored a fantastic goal.

Although I wouldn't read much into that because Matt Mills had a blinder.

Julian Green on loan from Bayern Munich. I'd like to see  him be back up for Mahrez and Knockaert.

Too young for the first team - probably a case for the Academy still.

Talented nevertheless and a great prospect for the near future.

Alessandro Del Piero, free agent?

He's hardly going to play regularly at the highest English level at the ripe age of 39.

Plus, he's rumored to enter a coaching job soon enough.

Although he's certainly classy enough to warrant a contract.

Guest Col city fan

Again.. I don't get the Jordi Gomez thing. He's failed playing for Wigan at Premiership level before.

There have been so many names mentioned on this thread that I've not agreed with.

I hope that Pearson goes primarily for younger, hungry, up and coming players, like he did a couple of seasons ago.

Del Piero!! lol

Again.. I don't get the Jordi Gomez thing. He's failed playing for Wigan at Premiership level before.

There have been so many names mentioned on this thread that I've not agreed with.

I hope that Pearson goes primarily for younger, hungry, up and coming players, like he did a couple of seasons ago.

Del Piero!! lol

A simplistic response to that is that it doesn't mean he'll fail with us under Pearson! Many of our players haven't even played at Premier League level - that's not to say they won't succeed. With the way Jordi Gomez has played this season, I don't think it's too much of a risk. But then it depends how much Wigan would sell him for, if they were to. The higher the price-tag, the bigger the risk, obviously.

Del Piero!! lol

How has he failed at Wigan? He has been superb there, just because they got relegated doesn't constitute it being all his fault does it? West Ham got relegated years ago was it Joe Cole's fault? Who the following season was one of the best English midfielders in the whole league for Chelsea.

Archived